Chelsea Pines Inn
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$318
US$296
US$319
US$266
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$170
  • Pool
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$190
US$188
  • Restaurant
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$197
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Salisbury Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$135
Hotels.com
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
US$535
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
2,220 results
All reviewsthe high lineno elevatormovie postersgreenwich villagemeatpacking districtdaily newsletterrock hudsonbagelsnew yorkmovie starsflights of stairsevery morningsubway stationthe meat packing districthome from homefifth floorrestaurant recommendations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Highly recommended.

Top Positives:

- Great location
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Big room (I was in 503, the 'Rock Hudson')
- Comfortable bed and good sheets and pillows
- Double+ shower with bench, good water pressure
- Big, soft towels
- Guesthouse atmosphere, with other friendly and interesting guests (writers, etc)
- Good breakfast, coffee/cake/cookies always available

Minor Negatives:

- 5 story walk-up, so lots of stairs if on the top floor
- WiFi was a bit intermittent (beware if on business and need urgent internet access)

I stayed in the Chelsea Pines Inn for 7 nights, having booked 5 but being delayed due to a flight cancellation. The staff were really friendly and helpful throughout, and gave me some great recommendations for things to see and places to eat locally. I was travelling alone, so it was super to stay in a place where the staff knew me by name (and I them).

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front (on W 14th St) are double-glazed, so not as noisy as I feared. Upper floors involve a lot of steep steps to climb (staff will take luggage up for you though!).
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RKLondon
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The location is terrific, the interior has charm, and the staff is superb. Some of our room's infrastructure needed updating, but for the price and the service it would be nitpicky to complain. I would definitely stay at the Chelsea Pines again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed at this jewel of a place back in December 2011 while our son attended a class over at Dubspot. We knew we were in a great place right from the start as we had booked via priceline and the reservation never came through. The staff was so accommodating and friendly!! We wew fortunate enough to be the first guests to stay in the new Rock Hudson room up on the fifth floor. The entire inn is clean as a whistle-we loved loved the huge walk in shower, the skylight which was original to the building and the view looking out onto New York City. The staff steered us in the right directions and made solid recommendations for restaurants and local shops and sites. We loved the resident cat, Charlie Chaplin. Chelsea Pines is in a great location-very safe and near everything. We will definitely return to this FIND in NYC!! Thank you to Jay and his staff for providing EXCELLENCE-a rarity anywhere in 2012.

Room Tip: Our room was great 5th floor-Rock Hudson :)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Chelsea Pines in december just before xmas a treat for her 18th birthday, the inn was brilliant all the staff very friendly there was a birthday card and flowers in the room on our arrival, what a lovely jesture!. the daily newsletter is excellent , gave us ideas and places to go e.g xmas markets, restaurants the highline walkway is fab!!, but also the district itself with young designer markets where we got some unique xmas presents, and my daughter was overwhelmed with the choice. in addition we were heading to century 21 and thought we would visit the world trade centre memorial. little did I know that we needed passes to get in, the inn staff were excellent, they printed off the paper passes - it saved us a long wait in a que to get one at the site, so again very helpful staff. the other essential was being able to have a great breakfast before the long day of shopping ahead - fresh bread, bagels and pastries and the fact that coffee and cookies were always available throughout the day. the room was very satisfactory and the business centre was a godsend for booking extra baggage for the flight home!! so i would definitely recommend the inn and we will be returning thanks again to all the staff at the inn

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed at Chelsea Pines with my adult daughter when I came to the city for a business event and then stayed the weekend. I had read previous reviews so had a good idea of what to expect. There is not elevator and our room was on the 4th floor. The staff took care of carrying bags up and I am sure woudl have carriend down if I had asked. The staff is the best part of this small hotel as they are so friendly and helpful. Linens and bed were very good. There was a refrigerator in the room and a cork screw and glasses were available in the breakfast room. Breakfast was reminicent of European mornings with cheese, meat,muffins and NY bagels, cereal, fresh and dried fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea and juice. There is a lovely little place to eat and in warm weather there is outside space. the location is convenient for Greenwich Village, Chelsea restaurants in easy walking distance. The High Line is close by.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back so very quiet. It overlooked a litle garden. there was plenty of natural light. The room was small.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business