“Get me off the bus!”

TopView Sightseeing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Every year we give over half a million customers the best double-decker bus tour available in NYC! With the option to hop-on and hop-off at any of our many stops, feel free to leave the bus and experience the real streets and landmarks of the city. At TopView, we're in love with New York City and passionate about providing you the best possible introduction to the Greatest City on Earth!
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My friend and I traveled with her 14 year old niece and 12 year old grand daughter. They wanted the Empire State Building...China Town......I don't like walking downtown from Time Square where we were staying at the Marriott and really don't like the subways. I have never gotten a hop on /off bus before and thought it would be fun to do so. We decided to buy a 2 day pass since it was only 10 dollars more than a 1 day pass. We boarded the bus on the corner of 8th avenue and 45th. The bus was like a combination of an old city bus and an old airport car rental transport vehicle. Half of one side was bare floor for luggage storage. The windows were so filthy that you could barely see outside. As it left the Marriott it proceeded across Broadway to 6th ave. It turned left...Passed Radio City and turned left...We stopped a couple of times and waited for people to get on the bus. The recording didn't speak a lot. Just basics on a few of the stops. I felt like we were on a city bus . The driver just drove...I commented to my friend that it was a terrible job with traffic and so forth. We eventually turned left off of 6th avenue and took a turn on 7th right back to the the Marriott, where we started our trek. (front of hotel instead of the side) This was a half hour wasted.We continued down Broadway and sat in traffic by Madison Sq Garden for what seemed forever.....Turned right...then right again on 8th. I worried that we were heading back to the Marriott again. Turned right on 34th and continued to Empire...So many people wanted to get on the bus that there was no room . You can't see anything out the window. We wanted to get off in China Town and then walk to WTC and then come back. We finally turned right and continued forever until we reached our stop. We got off....There is really nothing in Chinatown except people that speak Chinese and probably think we are idiots for wanting to go to Chinatown. We were not there to eat. The kiosks were mostly closed for the winter (and really scary if they were open). I was there in the summer and felt suffocated with the chaos. We walked around several blocks before I walked toward Ground Zero. I kept asking for directions to be sure I was heading in the right direction. We decided that we would not get back on the bus for any reason It takes forever to get where you need to go. When we finally got off we walked everywhere and took the subway back. The next day we walked to Macys, Empire State, etc (only about 11 blocks that took over an hour by bus and 10 minutes on foot)

2  Thank lynnpr
Write a ReviewReviews (1,653)

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Awful Awful Awful! Topview Sightseeing hard sells you while waiting to cross street in NYC. They make alot of promises and deliver on none of them! They drop their price so you buy on the spot. These types of busses are supposed to give you an automated tour of the city and landmarks (and that's what it says in their brochure) but thehey don't have any audio at all on board. There are earphone Jack's on the buses and the Topview brochure says they provide ticketholders with earphones/earbuds, but they do not. Busses are supposed come at 10 minute intervals - according to the salesman. However, my husband and I waited approx 45 minutes to get on our first bus of the day and each time, we were ready to move on, the salesman assured us it would be there in just a minute. If it wasn't pouring rain, we'd have walked away for sure. Then we went about 1 block and stopped fir another 15 minutes, for what, I'm not sure. . . No one got onor off. Topview Sightseeing is nothing but a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!

2  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We were aggressively approached at Penn Station by two salesmen for Topview, They boasted the company and the bus tour. After saying no a few time and still being pushed to buy for my daughter and I purchased the tickets... and that was a quick 100.00 dollars right out the window just like I burned it! I am so mad! He pointed 3 topview buses out in front of Penn station to make his sale. I asked him where we get the bus he said right there around the corner, so after I took care of the payment and wanted to get my bus ride Right there turned out to be 6 blocks away! so we chased after him as he seemed to be in a hurry. To sum it up it took 2 hours to get to my hotel. The bus has to stop for rather or not there are any passengers to pick up. That was the only ride I got . I toured the entire area on foot on Saturday and didn't see one of the topview buses. I would have wasted my whole weekend waiting for this bus service. I did see more salesmen, questioned them they walk away from you. This may be a legitimet company, but its shady. I will never buy tickets from them again I ended up using the subway, and Lyft... which is cheaper! Don't waste your time or money.

3  Thank KimM2638
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Buses do not run as frequently as stated. When bus arrives, it is crowded and no seats. That happened with 3 buses at the Macy's stop. We left early to make the boat but given all the full buses, we barely made it, had to run. Off the boat, the guide would not walk us to the bus stop. She could not even give the street names, just vague directions. One guy on cane was having very difficult time. Not all drivers tell you to use headphones to listen to the tour guide. I was telling folks what to do. I would try the Grey Line tour perhaps. Use your credit card, not debit. All the folks At bus stops complaining and wanted refunds.

1  Thank Elizabeth A
See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We purchased the two day pass, in order to take a bus at any time you had to stand in line for more than an hour.... so most of the time we walked to the attractions, it was faster. When we went to the Statue of Liberty tour, the address that was indicated on the ticket was WRONG!!!! We got to pier 36 as stated on the ticket and there were about 50 other customers from TOP VIEW trying to take the same tour. THE ADDRESS WAS WRONG... we called customer service and it took them about 20 minutes to give us the correct address. By this time we missed the tour at 12:30 and had to take the 2:00 tour. Not only did we wasted a LOT OF TIME but we also had to pay double in transportation, once to the wrong location and second to the correct location. Out of the two day pass, we used the night tour, once in one day because the lines were so long walking was faster. And the Statue of Liberty tour. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

1  Thank Ana A