Ways to Experience TopView Sightseeing
from US$35.00
from US$29.00
from US$40.00
1,760 results
All reviews night tour bus tour new york downtown bus great tour top deck an amazing experience empire state building santana headphones nyc ponchos bronx midtown facts
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My 85 year old Mom and I purchased a "discounted" ticket at Times Square. After visiting Ground Zero, we went back to where we got off to wait for the next bus. When we purchased the ticket, they promised a bus every 10 minutes on that route. We waited 45 minutes in the rain, while 3 red "City" buses went by. DO NOT choose this company. We had the pass for 3 days and there were numerous incidents like this. If you buy from this company, start at the beginning of the route and just stay on it, or else you'll never get a seat at another stop - they are always full.

2  Thank Hershey67
TopViewSightseeing, Manager at TopView Sightseeing, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear Hershey67,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we were not able to that for you. Our Downtown bus runs roughly every 25 minutes and the Uptown bus runs roughly every 45 minutes. We offer a live map on our website for customers to track our buses and plan accordingly. We hope you will consider riding with us again as this an exception to our usual high level of service.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We were on our last day in New York. We decided to go shopping and to see walk around when we were approached by two women asking if we would like to do the bus tour. We thought it would be nice. One of them asked how long we were going to be there and we told her that it was our last day there and we would be leaving early the next morning to go home. She told us that we could do both the Uptown and Downtown tours. So, we agreed. Very expensive though. $100.00, which we wish we would have saved!! She took us to the first bus, which was the Uptown bus and told us that when we were finished with that bus, that the Downtown bus would pick us up at the same location. So, we did the Uptown bus. We enjoyed it. They do stop and let you on and off, but we did not get off at any stops. We just wanted to see the sites. When we got back to the location where we had gotten on, we jumped off and went to get on the Downtown Bus. This is where our experience went BAD!! They were not going to run any more Downtown Bus tours. WHAT!?!? There was a man standing there telling people that the buses were done for the day and that we could not get on any other ones. Talk about MAD and UPSET. We asked if we could get a refund since they were not going to let us go, and he said NO. We told him that we had bought the tickets, gone on the Uptown Bus and that we were told that we would be able to do the Downtown one also. He told us to come back the next day! We told him that we were leaving and we had explained this to the woman who old us the tickets. He just said Oh Well.... He did not care at all!!! We were not the only ones that this happen to, there were like three other groups that were not able to do it as well. BE AWARE of the people in RED JACKETS with TOPVIEW written on them!! As we were walking back to where we had parked, we saw the RED JACKET TOPVIEW people still selling tickets for the UPTOWN and DOWNTOWN tours for that day. I actually saved someone money by telling them that they were not running anymore for the day. That family was thankful for me telling them, but the salesperson was so UPSET... They will do anything to get your money and they will tell you anything. Before purchasing the tickets, I would check with the bus drivers to see if they in fact will be running more. Or either put it on your credit card so you can dispute the charge if this happens to you. We paid cash. Even if you have to buy one tour at a time.

4  Thank thompworking4younow

Dear thompworking4younow,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your tour and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other customers in the future. We never want to mislead or disappoint our customers. All of the times of our tours are clearly stated on our brochures as well as on our website. We are happy you were able to enjoy our Uptown Tour. We hope you will consider riding with us again.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

My friend and I traveled with her 14 year old niece and 12 year old grand daughter. They wanted the Empire State Building...China Town......I don't like walking downtown from Time Square where we were staying at the Marriott and really don't like the subways. I have never gotten a hop on /off bus before and thought it would be fun to do so. We decided to buy a 2 day pass since it was only 10 dollars more than a 1 day pass. We boarded the bus on the corner of 8th avenue and 45th. The bus was like a combination of an old city bus and an old airport car rental transport vehicle. Half of one side was bare floor for luggage storage. The windows were so filthy that you could barely see outside. As it left the Marriott it proceeded across Broadway to 6th ave. It turned left...Passed Radio City and turned left...We stopped a couple of times and waited for people to get on the bus. The recording didn't speak a lot. Just basics on a few of the stops. I felt like we were on a city bus . The driver just drove...I commented to my friend that it was a terrible job with traffic and so forth. We eventually turned left off of 6th avenue and took a turn on 7th right back to the the Marriott, where we started our trek. (front of hotel instead of the side) This was a half hour wasted.We continued down Broadway and sat in traffic by Madison Sq Garden for what seemed forever.....Turned right...then right again on 8th. I worried that we were heading back to the Marriott again. Turned right on 34th and continued to Empire...So many people wanted to get on the bus that there was no room . You can't see anything out the window. We wanted to get off in China Town and then walk to WTC and then come back. We finally turned right and continued forever until we reached our stop. We got off....There is really nothing in Chinatown except people that speak Chinese and probably think we are idiots for wanting to go to Chinatown. We were not there to eat. The kiosks were mostly closed for the winter (and really scary if they were open). I was there in the summer and felt suffocated with the chaos. We walked around several blocks before I walked toward Ground Zero. I kept asking for directions to be sure I was heading in the right direction. We decided that we would not get back on the bus for any reason It takes forever to get where you need to go. When we finally got off we walked everywhere and took the subway back. The next day we walked to Macys, Empire State, etc (only about 11 blocks that took over an hour by bus and 10 minutes on foot)

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank lynnpr
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Awful Awful Awful! Topview Sightseeing hard sells you while waiting to cross street in NYC. They make alot of promises and deliver on none of them! They drop their price so you buy on the spot. These types of busses are supposed to give you an automated tour of the city and landmarks (and that's what it says in their brochure) but thehey don't have any audio at all on board. There are earphone Jack's on the buses and the Topview brochure says they provide ticketholders with earphones/earbuds, but they do not. Busses are supposed come at 10 minute intervals - according to the salesman. However, my husband and I waited approx 45 minutes to get on our first bus of the day and each time, we were ready to move on, the salesman assured us it would be there in just a minute. If it wasn't pouring rain, we'd have walked away for sure. Then we went about 1 block and stopped fir another 15 minutes, for what, I'm not sure. . . No one got onor off. Topview Sightseeing is nothing but a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!

2  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We were aggressively approached at Penn Station by two salesmen for Topview, They boasted the company and the bus tour. After saying no a few time and still being pushed to buy for my daughter and I purchased the tickets... and that was a quick 100.00 dollars right out the window just like I burned it! I am so mad! He pointed 3 topview buses out in front of Penn station to make his sale. I asked him where we get the bus he said right there around the corner, so after I took care of the payment and wanted to get my bus ride Right there turned out to be 6 blocks away! so we chased after him as he seemed to be in a hurry. To sum it up it took 2 hours to get to my hotel. The bus has to stop for rather or not there are any passengers to pick up. That was the only ride I got . I toured the entire area on foot on Saturday and didn't see one of the topview buses. I would have wasted my whole weekend waiting for this bus service. I did see more salesmen, questioned them they walk away from you. This may be a legitimet company, but its shady. I will never buy tickets from them again I ended up using the subway, and Lyft... which is cheaper! Don't waste your time or money.

Date of experience: March 2018