“Average cooking, exceptional prices.”
Review of Nusr-Et Steakhouse

Nusr-Et Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Nusr-Et Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,994 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$100 - US$1,000
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I know it has the name, but it has the prices to go with it. $750 for 4 people for 1 bottle of wine and 1 course is just ridiculous. Nicely presented by a very pushy waiter, I wont be going back anytime soon.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Intcopiers

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

This is more like being in the middle of a theatre production than a restaurant but the steak is exceptionally good. It’s certainly a special occasion place and you will have lots of waiters serving your every need. Whilst you sip the last bit of your drink within seconds you get asked if you want another drink. The music is quiet loud but it sort of adds to the occasion. Depending on what you are used to, you will need a credit card with a generous limit, the bill for 4 people came to $650 and that’s with 1 cocktail, 1 glass of wine and 2 beers. I suppose the hype works as the place was pretty full.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I'm a fan of steaks and this is one of my favorite steakhouses that I've been in. The food is amazing and the staff (including salt bae the owner) are soooo nice and friendly!
The price is very reasonable if you compare it to any other fine steakhouse, but if you want to compare it to Burger King then you'll have a problem.
I recommend you start with Carpaccio, the main course is either Ottoman steak or Nusr-et burger, and end your meal with baklava.

Date of visit: February 2018
4  Thank AAlMudhaf
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Don’t understand the fass!!!
Be prepared to get out of the restaurant smelling like a steak.
The waiters are super annoying and inattentive. They tell you what you have to order don’t listen what you are asking for.
For anything you ask you wait for half an hour.
It’s noisy so you don’t hear the one next to you and for the show they are doing at the table with the knife it ain’t worth the smell or the annoying waiter with the moustache.

4  Thank Shukile
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I‘ve been here with my husband in March 2018. We‘ve always seen advertisments of Nusret Steakhouse on Social Media so our expectations were high. We wanted to link the dinner with the celebration of a (very uniqe!) special occasion for us so I asked for a romantic set up on the table or something similar (with the reason written on the Reservation E-Mail, so they knew that it really was a special occasion). When we arrived there: NOTHING. Absolutely no set-up, no excuse or reasoning for why our wish was not respected, just a regular table near the exit, where it was very cold and no words were lost about our wish. We were and still are extremely disappointed about this unprofessionality.
Generally, the service is in a rush, and not welcoming or curteous at all. They seem like being trained in selling the most expensive mix of meals, because our waiter was extremely unpleased when we told him that we‘ve already decided what we want to take and are not that hungry and we don’t take 5 meals, but only three.

However the three stars go for the food itself. The salad was good, the meat was good too and the baklava was delicious (even though 20$ for one slice is exaggerated for what it is).

All in all, I can say that the price-performance-ratio is not satisfying. It is very expensive for what you receive. Not that we wouldn‘t have paid even more, but what you pay is not in line with what you receive. I would not recommend.

3  Thank jjadeee