All reviews chambers street evening bar great location west broadway lower manhattan freedom tower world trade center new york the financial district king suite cool hotel subway station brooklyn bridge lovely hotel wonderful stay front desk staff easy access
Reviewed September 20, 2017

We had a fabulous stay! Rooms was great and people working at the hotel were wonderful. Cant wait to go back. I have been telling everyone i know about this great hotel. It was my boyfriends birthday and they made it so special for us

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear yeahuh1,

Thank you for your recent review of Smyth, a Thompson Hotel. We are excited to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed our unique accommodations and our overall home away from home feel. Our team takes pride in providing a unique and authentic experience to each and every one of our guests, and were happy to have been part of making your special trip in one to remember!

We hope to see you again when your future travels bring you back to the city. Please do reach out to me directly so that I may personally oversee your next stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I usually stay mid or uptown when I come to NY but this time I wanted to poke around Soho and TriBeCa. The Smyth was a great choice. Location is excellent. Five minutes from 911 memorial and museum and the Freedom Tower. Walking distance to Soho and of course TriBeCa. Subway right on the corner and other stations nearby.
The room was a nice size by NY standards and comfortable. Decor is sparse (trendy) but not unpleasant.
The staff was TERRIFIC! Period end of story!
The drinks in the bar overpriced as NY tends to be.
I did not eat in the restaurant.
I definitely recommend this hotel based on location, comfort and staff!

Room Tip: Room 304 very comfortable and roomy.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded September 20, 2017

Dear BethStanNJ,

Thank you for your recent review of Smyth, a Thompson Hotel. We are excited to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed our unique accommodations and our overall home away from home feel. Being at the heart of Tribeca, we are conveniently situated at the center of all the attractions and fantastic dining options that the neighborhood has to offer. Our team takes pride in providing a unique and authentic experience to each and every one of our guests, and they will be delighted to hear about your recent experience.

Please do feel free to reach out to me directly whenever your future travels bring you into the city so that I may oversee your stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Great location, but there was an unfortunate mishap at check-in where I was told upon arrival that there had been a leak in the hotel and that the room I booked wasn't available. The front desk said I would be put in a smaller room but be charged the lesser going rate for the smaller room (as if this were somehow a win for me). No other real accommodation for the inconvenience which I thought was weird. Also they had my email address and phone number and never tried to contact me in advance. It would have been nice to have been informed in advance.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Q5071XJjanicem

Dear Q5071XJjanicem,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I would like to take a moment to apologize for any lapses in communication you may have experienced. We did not anticipate that your room would not be available as booked, which we hope did not deter from your overall experience of our team and amenity offerings. Please rest assured that this is not indicative nor the norm of our service standards and your feedback will help us in ensuring that these lapses do not occur again in the future.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly to discuss and assist with any issues you experienced in further detail and allow us an opportunity to regain your confidence in our service standards.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Cool hotel. Nice big room. Despite what I read before booking, I found the staff generally very friendly and helpful. Room service and housekeeping were incredibly quick to respond. Room very big. Sounds minor but both my daughter and I were most bothered by one thing.....no full length mirror!!!!! Style over practicality may have been at the forefront of room design decisions. Just annoying. Overall though very pleased with the location, cleanliness and details.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Grace B,

Thank you for your recent feedback. We are proud to be at the center of Tribeca, within walking distance to all the local attractions and restaurants for new and returning travelers alike to enjoy! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and company of our fantastic staff. We would also like to kindly point out that we do have full length mirrors available and can offer this upon request. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration when working on our future projects to further enhance the guest experience of our rooms.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

So many things to say about this property. Loved the quaintness and quality. Front desk staff were great, shout out to Brian who really helped and took care of me during my stay.Loved the terrace views!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear BCahill17,

We are happy to hear of your fantastic stay with us at Smyth. Being at the heart of Tribeca, we are conveniently situated at the center of all the attractions and fantastic dining options that the neighborhood has to offer. Our team takes pride in providing a unique and authentic experience to each and every one of our guests, and they will be delighted to hear about your recent experience.

We hope to see you again when your future travels bring you back to the city.