2,151 results
All reviews port authority sky room times square starbucks coffee parole office the breakfast area new york bagels free breakfast bus station rooftop bar javits center top floor rooms are small breakfast staff front desk staff few blocks
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a night during business trip and what a gem. Rooms are small and elevators runs bit slow but very clean, and friendly service by the staff. Most if all, fantastic location within walking distance to Time Square and other touristy areas. My rate was unbelievably cheap and without a doubt, the best bang for the buck in NY city.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Natanyi C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2016

Dear Mike K,

Thank you from all of us here at the of Fairfield Inn & Suites Times Square. We truly appreciate your kind comments and hope that business or leisure brings you back soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2016

My Daughter and Grand-Daughter took me to NYC for the first time for my 70th birthday. I cannot say enough about the kindness and hospitality we were shown at The Fairfield Inn & Suites/ Marriott.The room was spotless as were the public spaces. Breakfast was good with enough help to keep things moving. Every staff member ...top to bottom...was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room tip: We were up graded to the pent house because our room was not ready and it ws my birthday.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cleanfreek68

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers. We constantly strive to improve our services and it is always refreshing to receive positive comments from our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

I just recently stayed at this Fairfield Inn and Suites for a three night stay in NYC. This hotel is priced competitively for this area of Manhattan. It is located off of 8th Ave. on 40th Street across from the Port Authority Bus Terminal. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of Times Square and many other area attractions. The closest subway station is at 8th Ave. and 40th Street which opens up travel to all of NYC.

I had made sure to note that I would be arriving extremely late at night (around 1:30am). It was a short 5 block walk from Amtrak's Penn Station up 8th Ave. Upon arriving I was quickly checked in and given a quick run down on their complimentary breakfast.

This is a 32 story hotel and I had a room on the 14th floor. As it is in Manhattan my window view was of another high rise building but that's not a big deal. My room was a king bed and it included all you would expect in a hotel. The room is smaller than some rooms at other locations and that is due to the layout of the building as it is tall and narrow but was definitely not an issue. There are only 8 rooms per floor. The housekeeping staff did very well keeping the room cleaned each day.

The complimentary breakfast is nice but nothing spectacular. The front desk staff were friendly and handled my requests with no problems.

So, if you are looking for a nice moderately priced hotel in Midtown Manhattan this Fairfield Inn and Suites is a good choice.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Eng23lt,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed March 10, 2016

To celebrate my Mother's 70th birthday, my daughter and I took her on her first trip to New York City. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we took a walk around Times Square. Soon my phone rang and it was the front desk clerk asking if we'd like to be upgraded to a Penthouse room! Everyone we dealt with - from the General Manager to the restaurant staff - were warm, friendly, and focused on our comfort. After dinner and a show, we returned to our suite to find champagne, a cupcake, and a card signed by the entire staff - my mother was so touched she cried. The room was considerably larger than other NYC rooms and suites I've stayed in through the years - large bedroom with a comfortable king bed and an ample living room with a sleeper sofa. The view from the 32nd floor was spectacular.

At first, I was concerned about the location adjacent to Port Authority but it was never an issue - no street noise and no harassment. Proximity to Times Square, Broadway, and Rockefeller plaza make this a perfect spot for first-time visitors without being overwhelmed by crowds. The breakfast was a great touch and wasn't nearly as packed during peak times as some reviews have suggested.

I really wish I had written down the names of all the employees who helped make my mother's birthday so special. I cannot begin to tell you how much your hospitality meant to all of us - thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Gin2001,

Thank you so much for such an awesome review!
We were truly delighted that you were impressed with our Staff, and quality of Service.
Your recommendation of Fairfield Inn & Suites Times Square is very important to us and we thank you for the vote of confidence. We look forward to welcoming you home soon and in the interim, remain at your service.

Reviewed March 8, 2016

The hotel is nice, it is clean, they offer a great breakfast (sausage, eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, fruit, yogurt, toast...pancakes on the weekends). They also have coffee and water available in the back throughout the day. They also have a full bar.

The only downsides to this is 1 the hotel is SUPER small. It is squished up next to 2 other small buildings. There are approximately 6 to 8 rooms on each floor.

The worst part is the elevator service they have 3 elevators, but there are 33 floors which are only key access so make sure to take it with you because that's the only way you can get to your floor.

If you stay at this hotel, don't stay on a floor if you can't climb that many flights of stairs. Multiple times I've had to walk down 13 flights. Got lucky I didn't have to walk up them. The elevators are always tied up. This is important in the sense that you can easily have dead legs after walking around because it's right down the street from Times Square which is great. There is also a subway entrance across the street.

They also offer a shuttle service that is $52 flat rate, great if shared with friends.

Another perk is that there is a bar on the top floor called Sky Room. Hotel guests get free entry to it with their ID and room key.

Room tip: Choose floors on lower levels
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Krissy B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2016

Sydster13- Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us, we appreciate your kind words about our complimentary hot breakfast, coffee and cleanliness of our hotel, I wanted to reach out to you and say we apologize for the inconvenience you felt you incurred due to the traffic of the elevator and its speed. We are in our renovations refresh and would love you to visit us the next time in NYC. AGM Krissy