“Live like a real New Yorker ( sort of )”

Radio City Apartments
Fort Worth, Tx
“Live like a real New Yorker ( sort of )”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I could be wrong but this place has the feel of a converted apartment building. Whether that's true or not, you can certainly imagine yourself living in a tiny, one room apartment in a primo location. A stone's throw from Rockefeller center and Radio City Music Hall, with several subway lines to choose from nearby. Times square is easily walk-able too if you have a need to visit that area.
The hotel staff was friendly if somewhat reserved, the room was clean and the kitchenette was quite useful. The Columbus Circle Whole Foods is just one subway stop away and very convenient for stocking the pantry.The included wi-fi was very handy too.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend RCA to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank 5on3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ocean City, MD
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My wife, myself and 3 teenagers stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. It worked out perfectly for all of us. Only negative was the HVAC stystem. Was very warm.

3 Thank NankerPhelge9494
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I wish to extole the virtues of the Radio City Apartments, but hesitate to do so, since I want to reserve this treasure for myself. Upon a recommendation of my travel agent I tried this property, thinking, this rate isn't for real or it's a dump. Hah. It's a little piece of paradise just around the corner from Times Square, quick walking distance to Rockerfeller Plaza, Radio City Music Hall, and the theater district. There is a subway station within the same block. As per the name it is truly a classic apartment building that serves as a hotel. Each room has a kitchen, complete with utensils, coffee pot, etc. It is super clean, and has no "hotel odor." There are no "extras," such as restaurants, pools, salons, bars, etc. which accounts for the reasonable price. But you don't need them.(and I'll bet you usually don't patronize them anyhow.) There is a fantastic deli on one side, and a nice Italian restaurant on the other. Everything you need is right there, restaurants, bars, theaters, and shopping. There are always one or two gentlemen on duty who were most kind and helpful. I felt very safe staying there. The rooms vary from doubles to family sized units, and I noticed many families happily taking advantage of the property. Newspapers are complimentary, and there is free wi-fi service. I believe it is now a no smoking property, since I had to sign that I wouldn't smoke, and they secured a refundable $100 deposit to insure it.. As a non-smoker I like this. As an added bonus they offer a discount on parking at a garage around the corner, a bargain for sure. I read in some reviews guests didn't like the noise. Hello, you are staying in Times Square in NYC, don't expect the NY Public Library. To me the city sounds are a part of staying there. I did get up early on Sat. a.m. and walked around. Times Square was tranquil, quiet, and empty. I felt like I had the city to myself. Trust this property completely, but don't tell anyone...I want it to stay the treasure it is and be able to get a reservation when I need one. New York City can be an affordable vacation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank retiredtraveller04
melbourne
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed at Radio City over New Years and thought the location was fabulous. Check in was easy and when we arrived the room was very clean and warm. The room was serviced daily and all towels etc were changed. We were able to walk easily to Times square, central park, Rockefellar Centre and lots of other destinations. Plenty of subway stations were nearby.
The front desk were helpful and pleasant. The kitchen facilities are great and the fridge was full size and allowed us to have breakfast everyday in our room. The hotel was quiet at night. Japanese restuarants next door are fresh and tasty and reasonably priced. Crumbs Bakery is just around the corner on Broadway and sells excellent cup cakes! Whilst the room is older style, there was no problem with cleanliness or workability. Flat screen TV got good reception. We would stay here again no problems.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank worldtripaddict
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Lovely old apartment building.
Located within walking distance of Rockefeller Centre, Times Square, Broadway etc. Great for going out at night, esp last minute entertainment.
Streets in New York felt safe. We walked everywhere, anytime, only to catch a taxi when we were too tired or had too much shopping!
Spent our Xmas holidays here and would highly rec for families.
Can self cater, easily with food outlets nearby, Food Emporium a couple of blocks away and a quick taxi ride to Zabars for all deli essentials!

4 Thank Cathg1g2
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This place is centrally located to almost everything! The hotel is clean and neat and had all the basic neccessities. Having a kitchenette was the greatest part since some in my family have food allergies and we had to buy some groceries to get us thru. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. The only downside is the noise with Times Square, trash trucks, etc. but that's not the hotel's fault, we'll just bring earplugs next time!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Adelaide
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Perfect location for New York, central to all the attractions and transportation. 7 of us stayed in two 1 bedroom apartments on the 4th floor for 8 nights over New Year. The apartments were clean and warm and the housekeeping staff were excellent. We had a few issues relating to the age of the building, the lack of hot water in the bathroom of one of the apartments was frustrating (luke warm showers in winter!) and my daughter and nephew had to be rescued by ladder from a lift stuck between floors - but that's all part of the adventure when you are on holidays! For the main points of location, price and facilities of apartment living I would recommend Radio City.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the upper levels, apparently they are quieter.