“Fabulous hotel”

Ranked #119 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Berne
“Fabulous hotel”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed for 8 nights at the beginning of April and I must say that everything was perfect. From arrival to departure, the service as consistent and impeccable. The room was beautiful and had a stunning view, the bathroom was super clean and spacious. And the location is unbeatable. We will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors are those you want to go for.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mayathebee7777
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Mayathebee7777,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the room and the service. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Genearl Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom

Postives:

Upgraded to a one bed suite which was a treat.
Room service is great and all requests were catered for, the beds are extremely comfortable and I doubt I'll get a better nights sleep anywhere else in the world!

Negatives:
It's not the nicest part of town to wander around, many of the buildings on the street looked like abandoned warehouses or were under construction so the view from the room was awful.
...and it's a shame about the WiFi - it should be free :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank lola s
Dear lola s,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your one-bedroom suite and the room service. I hope to see you again in the future, and would be happy to have our concierge offer some suggestions about SoHo as well as neighboring TriBeCa and the West Village.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I've stayed at the Trump Soho for both Business and with family. In both instances the staff went above and beyond in anticipating our needs and providing excellent service. It is the one luxury hotel I've been to in New York that lives up to the classification. The rooms are outstanding. The views of downtown are stunning. And everything is set up to make you feel taken care of and appreciated. With my family, we got two connecting room. My 5 year old and 2 year old felt comfortable and happy. There was enough room to run around. And ample help from the hotel in addressing their needs. Also, the area where the hotel is - Soho - is a great spot for shopping and restaurants. I was born and raised in New York and this is the type of place I will always want to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Christopher S
Dear Christopher S,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo, and for the kind words about our associates. I am pleased that you enjoyed the space offered with connecting rooms. Please do let me know if I can assist with any future plans.

Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I recently spent three days at the Trump Soho and I was very pleased with the superior level of customer service I received. The training Trump provides his employees is outstanding…I could have not asked for more. The hotel itself is very modern yet warm and welcoming. My room was on the 29 floor and had a great view, was spacious and the bathroom was great. The hotel is very centrally located to the shops in Soho and also fairly close to other great shopping areas. The hotel provides the use of a chauffer driven S class Mercedes on a first come, first serve basis…I used it to go shopping on Broadway…and I was very pleased to take advantage of this complimentary service. Before my stay I looked at many reviews of the hotel and took note of several members that indicated the room was noisy as well as complaints about the air conditioner. During my stay I slept well and was not bothered by any noise from the surrounding area nor did I hear my neighbors through the walls. As far as the air conditioner, I wasn’t bothered by the level of noise it made when it was on…but I was bothered that the vent was pointed straight to the bed and the air flowed annoyed me (the vent could not be adjusted)…so I cracked the window open…and shut the a/c off. During the summer it might have been an issue but luckily I didn’t need to use it since the weather was cool. My rating for the hotel is 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AlexRosell
Dear AlexRosell,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, amenities and location of the hotel, and enjoyed the use of our house car. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We went to NYC for a family wedding in August and selected to stay at Trump on a hunch that it would be better than the average NYC hotel. It far succeeded that by being the best hotel we stayed at ever. The service was outstanding, from check in to check out. We took a limo from the airport to our hotel and as soon as we arrived at the hotel the bellman was very attentive and helpful with our baggage. The check in staff was also very friendly and offered our daughter free gifts while she waited for us to check in. As well there were free cocktails and free drinks available while you check in. When we got to our room, there were staff ready to take our bags and adjust the temp of the room. He also came back promptly with free water and a kettle to heat our babys food. The room was all automated by a remote and this brought our experience to another level, by adjusting the lights, curtains and temp by a remote. The hotel was in a great location, only a short walk to sites, transit, and restaurants. After staying at Trump in NYC, I would like there to be a trump in every city we visit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Lukk_Fam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the amenities and the location. I look forward to welcoming you again.

milan, italy
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Nice hotel, but a few flaws considering the rates. At check-in (1 PM), the room wasn't ready: had to wait till 3,30 PM to get inside my corner one bedroom suite on the 26th floor. Which was very large by NYC standards and well appointed, with an extremely comfortable lounge. The Italian restaurant could be better. Wifi in the room was offered free of charge. Nice neighborhood, a few block from West Broadway and Soho. Good overall, but keep in mind the prices.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear lucaerrante,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the size of your room and the neighborhood.

Please note that standard check-in time is 3pm. I do hope you will stay at Trump SoHo in the future, and if you inform the Attache team of your arrival time, we will do our best to accommodate an early check based on room availability.

gloucester
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Six night stay. Excellent pre-arrival communication with e-mails ensuring all was in order. Got one of the sedan's to pick us up - on time, and waitng with placard for us. Check in very quick and efficient. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful - always a smile to greet you, anything needed they can sort. Agree ith all other reviews of staff service being better than anywhere I can think of. In my opinion the location the best part of New York as not too far from anything, quick walk to shops of Soho, restaurants of Chinatown and Little Italy, and bars of Greenwich and West Side. Beautiful walk along Hudson to Financial District. $20 taxi to Central Park and 5th Avenue. The (big) room on 37th floor had amazing views across the Hudson, particulalry at sunset and as city lights came on. But a couple of niggles - no wardrobe space to speak of, which is a bit of a pain for a six-day stay, also air-con in the room we had seemed not to have much fan control, so was either on or off. The unit faced the bed so difficult to have on whilst asleep as you would end up being blasted with air. Also no sound-proofing to speak of, so even high up, at night every noise could be heard. Three nights there were roadworks going on at about 4am - not the Hotel's fault, but did not lend itself to a restful night as they could have been directly outside room! Wi-fi silly money at $50 for the week, although free in lobby area. All in all an amzing stay in New York, and the Hotel stay contributed to that. Think the current 4 1/2 rating is right, and that is what I would give if I could.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear YNWAglos,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback. I will be sure to share your notes about the service with our associates, and I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's location and size of the rooms.