“One of the best hotel with the nicest staff.”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #128 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have to say that I have stayed in different hotels in NY and I can say that this one is definitively one of the best. At the first moment that you enter the lobby, you will receive a warm welcoming. The rooms are very confortable, spacious and with a designer touch wich is not overwelming. If you love Soho, this is the place to stay. Also... If you hace kids.. They give them a special treatment that you will just love!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank DavidAbarca
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear DavidAbarca,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the size and decor of the rooms. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed three nights at the Trump Soho on the 36th floor. Spectacular views and the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced. Beautifully appointed room, amply equipped with more than anyone could need, including a Nespresso machine and a microwave (!). Slightly tight on wardrobe space and no door to the bathroom in our room which is fine if you are with a loved one but a bit inhibiting if you are sharing with a friend. Not all rooms lack a door to the bathroom so ask when you check in. Staff were unfailingly smiling and helpful. Hotel car took us to dinner in the pouring rain on our first night, which was an unexpected bonus. Lovely spa and gym. Didn't eat in the hotel with so many great restaurants in the area but the bar was good and the barman very professional. Usual irritating daily charge for wifi in the room. Why can't hotels drop this practice? I would highly recommend the Trump Soho for its sleek design, charming staff and brilliant location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nikki R

Dear Nikki R,

Thank you for staying at Trump SoHo and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and many of the hotel's amenities like the house car, Nespresso machines and fitness center. I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is a great hotel, no two ways about it. Being set in Soho it has all the vibe of the are and easy access to all of Manhattan. We travelled with friends and whilst we had booked into a suite, they had not. Our friends were upgraded so that they could be on the same floor. That would have been sufficient, but on checkout they even reduced out rate to match what they had paid. Amazing service. The rooms are large and the higher floors have great views. Beautifully and stylishly furnished. Housekeeping was amazingly efficient - wish I could have brought them home. The room was tidied within an inch of it's life every day, even doing things like tying bows on shoes that had come undone. We didnt eat in the hotel as we had other plans for most meals, but the restaurant looks nice and the room service menu is expansive. The bar was very hip, but not well attended. Cocktails were great. They treated the children really well with bathrobes, sweets and cookies and milk at bedtime. My only one complaint was that the pool was out of season and therefore not open. Definitely recommended highly.

Room Tip: Go for higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mustbefivestar
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear mustbefivestar,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed many of the hotel amenities, including those for children. Our pool deck is scheduled to open on May 25, and I would be happy to assist with making any future reservations.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed 3 nights in a one bedroom suite. Great views and the staff was incredible. I have a gluten allergy and the cafe and restaurant were extremely accomodating...whether we needed ice or anything for the room, they delivered within minutes. The location couldn't have been better either surrounded by tons of restaurants within walking distance. My next visit to NYC or any other location that has a Trump property, I am forever loyal.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite has plenty of room for 2 to 3 people...get the view of the River and South.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristen H

Dear Kristen H.,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the suite. I will share your note with the team at The Cafe and The Restaurant. Please let me know if I can provide any assistance with future plans.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and compares to other hotels I have stayed in NY this is one of the better ones. The view on the 38th floor was spectacular in the night. The staff were very helpful and fast, they booked us restaurants and helped us with an extra bed for a friend that stayed with us for 3 nights.
The only thing we didn´t like was the breakfast, it was not what we expected for a hotel like this, but american breakfast is usually not so good.
We will be back soon again.

Room Tip: Book a room on the premium floors for the great view and eat breakfast some other place.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Turochretur,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, the views, and service. I do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with a group of guys. Nice place, great location, food was decent. I would give the hotel a 10/10 for the facility and the staff an 8/10. I was expecting a little more service orientated but maybe that is just New York?

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Ronton37,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and location. Please let me know if I can provide any assistance with future bookings.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I'll admit, having lived in NYC for 7 years, the location was perfect for me... maybe for those visiting to see the sights, it may not be the best of spots, but everything is nearby via cab/subway in the city, right? You're near the great shopping, restaurants, and bars of SoHo... it was fantastic just walking around the neighborhood again.

Room highlights:

Room: wonderful king-size with large bathroom and great views of the midtown skyline and East Hudson... we felt very comfortable with the space. Very, very quiet.
Beds: My wife loved them... I felt they were a bit "sinky"?, but still we both slept very well.
Bathroom: Huge. With seperate shower/oversized tub set-up... would like to have a fan in the toilet area though. I did really like the rain shower faucet though.
Cleanliness: Perfect... as expected. Never had an aissue with the rooms or the hotel.
Service: Wonderful. Smiling faces everywhere, welcomed sarcasm from some of the bellhops... very cordial to my pregnant wife.
Misc: we couldnt grasp how to swivel (use) the tv in the bathroom... not even a small deal, but still it drove my curiosity. AC worked well when needed, and particularly appreciated that they provide a mini-fridge visitors can actually use without fearing a charge after moving pre-stocked items... a simple touch with a lot of thought behind it.

Highly recommend this wonderful place for a great stay in the city.

PS: Hundred Acres, just north of the hotel... is a gem little find for comfy food.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2011Bruins

Dear 2011Bruins,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, the beds, and the hotel's location. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.