“Wonderful Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Rosa, California
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This hotel has great front desk staff. They are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms are modern, clean, well appointed and a great size for NYC. The bathrooms have very nice amenities and the bathrobes are comfy. The evening dining is nice - casual. Wine list was okay, food was tasty. Service was better on a Thursday night but we felt neglected on the Monday evening meal. Maybe they were short staffed - not sure. Good location and not too noisy. Overall, this is a great find for a NYC hotel. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank t_kelly10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Czech Republic
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed in King room, which is quite small and dark, although it has ceiling window. View was not the best, certainly in New York you can find better, or ask for peace that will be directed to the east, not west, as mine.

The bathroom is nice, but it was a problem with drainage basins, which one would not expect such a quality hotel.

Evening wine at the reception is fine, but for example Hotel Giraffe offers wine and cheese in a much better quality.

I was in New York for the tenth time and the hotel Eventi was disappointing. Yes, it has a great image, the staff is friendly, the place is good. But do not feel extra comfortable, I recommend just a short sleep for a longer stay in NY (2 or more nights), choose another hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Janis S
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had a great stay at the Eventi this past weekend. It's a beautiful hotel. We were there for a girls weekend of dining and shopping and the location was perfect for getting everywhere we needed to go. We shared a room with 2 queen beds and it was a nice size for a NY hotel room. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful. The rainfall showerhead was fantastic. We did grab a glass of wine at the hotel's happy hour. I also explored the fitness center, and though I didn't have time to use it, it looked great, all the equipment was all new. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank raydle
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel lobby makes a great first impression as does the super friendly front desk service who upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge. The room was phenomenal, spacious and the city view was great. The etro toiletries and cloudlike king bed are amazing. I really enjoyed my stay here, until I woke up at 3am to dying smoke detector batteries in my room. Maintenance aka "engineering" came and fixed them right away, but it was not fun to wake up to a high pitched beeping noise in the middle of the night. I was also excited to use my kimpton rewards $15 minibar credit. I took a 2 small snacks that were clearly under the $15 credit. However, I was billed for two charges of $16 and $17 on two separate days after my stay. These charges were refunded within 48 hours after contacting kimpton. I wish I could rate this hotel higher, but I can't.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Surfergirl2020
Denver, CO
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The Eventi hotel is super chic in Chelsea. It’s difficult for a hotel in Manhattan to not be close to something incredible, but regardless, Eventi is a short cab ride to everything good. When you think of an intimately posh soiree, the Eventi’s lobby could be the backdrop. In fact, the hotel hosts wine tastings in the lobby.

Hotel reception is professionally aloof, but pleasant. An unexpected gift in the lobby is a fanciful tall cabinet which opens to display a lit garden mural. I opened it several times during my stay, just to try to figure out why it was there. My conclusion? It’s a bit of fun that I shouldn’t question.

PREMIER ONE-BEDROOM SUITE

My suite New York experience at Eventi revolved around a premier one-bedroom suite with an inspiring city view. My husband (who always travels with me) and our son (who rarely gets the chance) were immediately drawn to the floor-to-ceiling windows. When the outside was taken in, attention turned to the room.

Our 500-square foot room consisted of a long entry hallway, a sitting room with 37” LG flat panel TV, a separate bedroom with an ipod dock, and a bathroom with a unique shower room. Accommodations this size are excellent entry-level suites. In size, they have about 150 square-feet more room than a standard room, but the key advantage is in the partition between rooms. Traveling with a teenage boy like we were is best done with separate spaces.

Although the stylish couch was a bit like beautiful peep-toe heels that are best worn for short periods of time, the bed was heavenly. Frette linens rested lightly on our signature Kimpton bed. After a night at “Wicked,” the bed was icing on the cupcake.

The next morning I burrowed in that blissful bed and looked out the window at the imposing (yet exciting) space-scrapers so long I wasn’t able to soak in the deep tub. Sigh. I did luxuriate under the rainfall showerhead, though. In our suite, the glass half-wall that semi-encloses the shower, also houses the tub in a wet room.

BEYOND THE SUITE

As we departed the suite for our day, we made a quick tour of the dining area and meeting rooms. Of note is the rooftop verandah. On a warm day, breakfast or a reception would be ideal here.

I imagine dining is an experience at Bar Basque. I re-lived Star Trek: The Experience as I stepped out of the elevator. Designed by Syd Mead (clearly a sci-fi fan), touring the restaurant is leaving this planet for the joys of pod life, mysteriously lit slanted red walls and low ceilings.

An outdoor patio brings guests back to New York City with greenery, comfy outdoor furniture and pig tables (tables in the shape of a pig, not made from pig).

MY RECOMMENDATION

For most, money is a factor. An entry suite is the solution for those traveling in a set of three without the cost of another room. Or, use it for more space for the two of you. Eventi’s one-bedroom suite is comfortable, functional and tasteful.

We upload our video reviews of the luxury hotels we visit at YouTube.com/TravelbyLori. Take a look! You can read more of my written reviews at Examiner.com by searching "Lori Metze."

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
North Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I am from the Midwest so when I started traveling to NY on business it was shocking to me.....the prices and room sizes were quite a change from what I was used to in Omaha or Chicago where you can get a huge room at a nice hotel for about $200.00 per night. I was suddenly paying several hundred per night for a room about the size of that which a small child might occupy. Some hotels..have to move out of the way to shut the bathroom door. This one isn't like that. Rooms are a little small but as good as it gets in NY. Bathrooms are however full size and luxurious. Windows are clean and not crusted with dirt. You can actually pull the curtains open and look out! This is the only hotel that doesn't hide its windows, at least that I have found. Bar is odd....very modern and quite pretentious, guests and staff alike. Oh well, I'll still stay there because this hotel is a step above others I have visited in NY. Price.....I have given up. Will trade the lofty price to feel comfortable in this harsh and dirty city.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank SusanM202
Atlanta
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Enjoyed a long weekend in NYC at the Eventi. Great customer service, quaint clean room, nice bathroom, and the evening reception on the patio proved to be a great touch!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business