At face value this hotel was everything I expected from a Four Points. Small but clean rooms, very friendly staff, convenient location in Midtown (although note that the area is NOT pretty. Overlooks the Port Authority crowded with nasty people).
What I didn't expect were bed bugs! I woke up on Saturday morning with a few small bug bites but had assumed that it was from being outside the evening before. However, I woke up Sunday morning with even more and clusters of them!! I googled bed bug bites and found tons of photos that matched my bites exactly. When I checked out, the front desk staff was apologetic but not mortified as I would have expected. I asked to speak with a manager and was told that none were in the hotel at the time and that I would receive a phone call as soon as the manager arrived. That was over 24 hours ago and I haven't received a call yet. The front desk insisted that this has never happened before but whether that's true or not, there has to be a first time.
My advice, STAY AWAY! There are PLENTY of other affordable, clean hotels in midtown!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square hotel is in the heart of Manhattan near the Broadway Theater District, Port Authority, Hell's Kitchen, Central Park. We offer free wifi, the Gotham Bistro, Lobby Bar, Room Service, Fitness Center, and our staff is ready to make your stay memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square Hotel New York City
- 4 Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
- Four Points Midtown
- Four Points New York City