Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
laura
York, United Kingdom

Very basic.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 7, 2023via mobile
We stayed here for three nights as we explored New York. The room was very basic and the whole hotel looked like it was either 100 years old or had been built in a quick two week period. Everything was a little rough around the edges and seemed “unfinished”
The staff were all very friendly and helpful with whatever we needed. There was shampoo and shower gel provided and the shower was a good pressure. The towels were scratchy and ridiculously small, they seemed very old. We had lots planned in the city and found even more to explore by accident so luckily we just used the room for sleeping and getting ready on a morning. Wouldn’t stay again but not all bad.
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: This hotel is very hard to find, The address says Wall Street but there are two on Wall Street....
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded Dec 8, 2023
Dear Nomad30399104484, Thank you for staying with us while you explore the city and appreciating our service. We value your feedback and want to apologize for not meeting your expectations. We always want to make every effort to provide a flawless stay; therefore, we regret that this was not your experience. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance so we can provide you with the comfortable stay you should always expect from us.

Hotels.com
Fully refundable
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
    C$278
  • Vio.com
2.3 km from Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street
Restaurant
Arlo SoHo Lobby and public space.
C$341
    C$358
6.9 km from Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street
Room service
View more hotels in New York City
All reviews brooklyn bridge battery park statue of liberty new york yogurt world trade bed was very comfortable times square central park subway floor nyc lines shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2023

One of the best hotels I've stayed in! The reception staff could not have been more helpful. The room was clean, with coffee, tea, toiletries and soft fluffy towels. It was cleaned every, which I hadn't expected. The room was very spacious as well. And the breakfast! Amazing! The pancakes! A really good start to the day.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2023

Dear 438sheilas, We are thrilled that your time with us was terrific. Our dedicated staff, location, and amenities create a memorable experience for our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our property. We look forward to hosting you at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street again.

Reviewed November 8, 2023

The room was clean. Breakfast was well done with many choices. The staff was accommodating. I made the mistake of not hiding my Gucci belt and came home without it. I did contact the hotel, and they could not "find" it.
Lock up your valuables.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2023

Dear kathycL6411VF, Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your positive remarks about the cleanliness of the room, the well-done breakfast, and the accommodating staff. However, we regret any inconvenience caused by the misplaced item and sincerely apologize for any frustration. Your feedback is important, and we will review our procedures to prevent such situations in the future. We appreciate your understanding and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2023

Let’s start with the good part: The room was clean and I slept well. On the negative side, the breakfast room is far too small. I was down at 6.30 am and it was very crowded, no seats. Down again at 7.00 am, similar situation. Maybe it does not happen often, but it happened to me.

What’s more? When I arrived, the receptionist offered to sell snacks, drinks etc. Maybe it is usual in the USA. I would use the interaction to communicate to the guest where the facilities are and other essential information.
Later, I noticed that I had forgotten my adaptor for US sockets. I asked the person in reception if they had one to lend, or sell, to me. The answer was that there was a convenience store nearby that may have it. Yes, I understand that there may be 1000 shops in New York that sell adaptors but I asked if THEY had one. Just asking but it would be nice to have a direct answer, positive or negative.

Even the departure was a bit odd. The receptionist did not say “welcome back”, “thank you for your stay” or “have a nice day”. No, after spending a couple thousand dollars for the room, she could not say more than ”you are all set”.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2023

Dear GiovaStoccolma, Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughtful feedback. We're pleased to learn that you could appreciate our clean and relaxing rooms. However, we apologize for the aspects that kept you from enjoying your stay to the fullest. We regret the situation you encountered during breakfast hours and are sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding the interaction with our receptionist, we appreciate your insights and will continue working to enhance our service moving forward. We value each of your remarks as they help us in our continued efforts to improve our guests' experience. We hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future and give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed September 1, 2023

Expect a double charge on your credit card nasty attitude from inexperienced front desk clerk. Who's excuse is it happens all the time ma'am. What you think my manager is going to tell you? So today I come into the Holiday Inn Express and there are about 40 to 50 suit cases and bags flooding both reception desks. The workers are so consumed with bags they are ignoring clients. So now after waiting for a room the young inexperienced worker now is left to mind the desk. I ask politely if there are any rooms available and one finally comes open I enter credit card my credit card is charged 75 bucks for a hold . Ps my room is paid in full . Now I'm asked ro sign I sign my name and the inexperienced worker states the system is malfunctioning and to charge again . I check my phone it say charge is completed. I then state hey it went through now she says oh no you have to do it again . I am like but it went through. I enter my credit card It goes through a 2nd time , now I'm like I have 2 charges for same room. I called credit card company and they tell me two charges are made . I now go back to front desk ask to speak to manager that can over ride the charge but inexperienced worker starts getting upset and raising voice a speaking with a very nasty tone. Saying this happens all the time and I have to wait until they decide to clear the charge.I said ma'am I understand your frustrated about my request but you now have 150 of my money tied up and now you are up set. I asked the she get a manager on phone she refuses to call manager , general manager, corporate or a district manager. She said im not calling anyone you doint. Not nowing I am a manager and I know there's protocol but I'm sitting in lobby now waiting on a manager who she claims is out of town , then says but a supervisor is coming at 3 pm which contradictory to her previous statements. I am confused is a supervisor a manager or are supervisors not management. So I told her her tone is inappropriate she says my tone is inappropriate I'm like ma'am I have not raised my voice and you have my money not once but twice . But at this point I'm Hilton all the way after this mess. I am calling corporate next now. Please Don't come here they are very unprofessional and they are a hot mess at this point. The front desk clerk looks like shes under 21 and very unprofessional. As i waited for a room a person came to mop the floor with a half wet mop and mopped around the 50 bags in the lobby . No one does a good job here.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Owner at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2023

Dear Z853ORnicoles, Please accept our apologies as well as every assurance that we will address your concerns. We are known for our attention to detail and excellent hospitality, so we are genuinely disappointed this was not your experience. We value you as a guest, and we hope you will give us another chance to regain your confidence. We wish you all the best with your travels.

Reviewed August 22, 2023 via mobile

Very good location to various places. It's easy to go to various areas easily.
I walked most of them.
Thd closest is stanton Island free ferry .
And the famous Bull that every one takes picture off his derriere!.
Very clean great service and customer service is good.
Breakfast is decent and at 6.30 am if you love to explore and go our early .
Room spacious beds Very comfortable, Good room service and kitchen clean , breakfast bar staff Very hard working and keeping on you of footfall.

Room tip: Various subway spots scattered around , very close yo American Indian museum and central park and various good sight seeing areas too . 5 mins,away from stanton Island
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Owner at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2023

Dear هادية ا, We are thrilled you had an excellent stay at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, and we appreciate the fantastic recommendation to other travelers. It was our pleasure accommodating you, and we look forward to your next visit.