“Outstanding”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #117 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Andaz last weekend for three nights. We were in the city to see The Boss at MSG. Although the concert was obviously the highlight of the weekend, our stay at the Andaz was the cherry on top!
Let me start by saying, upon our arrival we were greeted by a lovely woman who immediately offered us a drink such as water, latte, tea etc. What a nice touch, especially after a day's work, a flight and a then a cab ride from Newark Airport.
When we got to our room, our immediate reaction was WOW! We have stayed in three other NYC city hotels off Time Square, but they were very small. This room had high ceilings, a banquette on window, a huge walk-in shower, deep tub, and just lots of space. It was very cozy and chic and welcoming. Each day healthy chips, dark chocolate, and a organic granola bar were provided free of charge. We also had a fridge in our room with water, Coke, tonic water, club soda, ginger ale, and all on the house. Nice touches.
The room offered two robes and comfy slippers to make us feel at home.
I guess that's how I would describe the hotel. The hotel staff made us feel like we were special guests in their home. We travel a lot and are usually loyal to another higher end hotel chain, but when we found this one on Expedia, and the price was only $179 per night, including a fabulous free breakfast each morning, we thought this was too good to be true. Regarding breakfast...wow...my husband loves oysters...they had oysters on ice as one of the items in the buffet. I usually chose an omelette or Eggs Benedict off the menu...all free.

The hotel was a two minute walk to subway. We were in Time Square in ten minutes, for a mere $2.50 each way. It was perfect.

I have been raving about this hotel to family and friends and would, without hesitation, stay here again in a heartbeat! LOVE IT!!!!!

5  Thank Magnificent1
There are newer reviews for Andaz Wall Street

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Biggest room ever in Gotham. Great weekend price. Nice amenities wonderful people. However it's time for Hyatt to ban smoking. We didn't know this and got a smoking room. Barf! C'mon folks, the Surgeon General announced this in 1960. End it. Now.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We chose the Andaz because of the great rate we got and because we wanted to stay in a different part of the city. The Andaz is at the corner of Wall and Water Streets, and is in walking distance of the Brooklyn Bridge, South Street Seaport, Battery Park/Statue of Liberty, and the Staten Island Ferry.

Check-in is done by hotel staff using hand-held iPads. Kyle, who did our check-in, was full of information. He upgraded us to a large king room because the hotel was sold-out and it was the only room that would be ready in less than a few hours. The room was huge by NYC standards with a soaking tub, a walk-in shower that could hold 5 people, and a closet that rotated. Everything except the alcohol in the minibar was free. You can sit in the soaking sub and watch TV through a window to the room.

1  Thank K8TF
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband, 3 month old daughter, and I had an unexpected stay here. The rooms are very modern, the beds extremely comfortable, the showers amazing, & the staff very helpful & accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 4 April 2012

What a great value! Rooms in mid-town were going for $600+ a night; Andaz Wall Street was around $200. Room was large and comfortable, nice TV in room, free non-alcoholic drinks & snacks!
Positives:
1) Room - We had the large King room. It was quite spacious and included a large shower and bathtub. Had blackout shades that you could raise/lower with a bedside button.
2) Breakfast - Had free breakfast included in our rates. Weekend brunch included all the non-alcoholic drinks, an entree, side, and buffett (oysters, shrimp, pastries, cereal, etc.) for one price ($36 i think).
3) Happy hour - Every night we were there from 6-8 that had complimentary wine and coffee in the lobby. Wine wasn't bad.
Negative:
1) Room - The lights were somewhat difficult to use. They had different setting (work, nighlight, all on, etc), but in the two days I was there I didn't quite get a hang of it.
2) Check-in - I'm not sure why, but I like lines. The roving check in agents were good, but they don't necessarily go to who should be next. But they were friendly and helpful.

Other:
1) Location wasn't that bad. A quick $20 cab ride got us to mid-town for dinner. During the day we got on the subway pretty close to hotel. Also, it was nice to be in a quiet part of the city too.

First time for me in the Andaz branded hotel and I was impressed. Would definitely try it again.

Room Tip: Pearl st side of hotel was quiet. Not sure how water st side was.
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've stayed in some fairly swanky hotels in my time on business and on holiday, but I can say that this is one (if not the best) of the best Hotels I've stayed in.

It has it all, location, customer service (best service I've received for a long time) and Breakfast is amazing.

Upon check-in I was offered a glass of wine (Comp) and was checked-in via a wireless terminal sat down.

I was upgraded as a Diamond Member and given access to the fridge in my room (as normal for a Diamond)

Stay here if you can.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthudski
Reviewed 29 March 2012

You might need to take the subway or a cab to get to Times Squares and other atractions, but it's worth it. The hotel is beautiful, modern, very clean, the staff is just wonderful and for the price it is a good deal. It's one of the best places I've stayed in my live.

• Stayed: March 2012