“Standard Steakhouse”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 15,904 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Nassau and Pine Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in The Financial District on Nassau at Pine St.
Reviewed October 29, 2018

The Capital Grille is a safe choice for good food and great service. It's not the number one steakhouse in New York, but then again there is some stiff competition. The menu has a wide variety and you wont be disappointed whatever you order. This location is great on a weekday but I would choose one of the other locations on a weekend. If you do happen to be there during the week I would recommend taking a look at the bars on Stone St either before or after for some drinks and entertainment.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank MI6Reviewer

Reviewed October 19, 2018

Had a business dinner here and the bone-in filet was on special and I got that instead of the bone-in ribeye. I mean, the filet was good, but it was a filet. Bone or no, a filet is a filet. My colleague had the bone-in ribeye which is obviously the steak to order. I'm an idiot. Veggies that came with our meal were good. Wine was excellent. This is a fantastic place to eat and to spend a lot of money.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Capital grill is generally always a safe bet for good food and service. The staff are very professional but our waiter, Khalid, was a little cold and felt unfriendly but was professional. Our group of 6 all had the filet with sides including the gratin potatoes, brussel sprouts with bacon, and lobster Mac and cheese. Of the sides, the gratin potatoes were cold in the middle but tasted great. The best side was actually the brussel sprouts and the lobster Mac and cheese barely had any lobster so was a waste of money. We should have ordered a different side instead. The filet was over cooked but we didn’t sent anything back. Steaks ordered medium looked nearly well done. Two of our group of 6 received their steaks the way they ordered it.

The drinks are good. The old fashioned drink needs to be improved. I think it was missing that hint of orange.

The washrooms were clean and there is a large vault door in the basement where the bathrooms are which is pretty cool to see. I’d go back to this location and hopefully chalk up some of the poor food experience to just an off day.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

The food quality, ambiance and staff at the Capital Grille Wall Street is excellent! Went for lunch as a birthday celebration and unbeknownst to me, Capital Grille Wall Street made my birthday celebration very special! I was greeted with a warm smile and escorted to a decorated table with a handwritten birthday note. What a treat! The amazement didn’t stop there. Our server, Kiphanie, was AWESOME! She greeted us promptly, was thorough and professional. She was keenly aware of the menu and preparations. I mentioned that I am from Maryland and to my surprise, she brought out crab and champagne as a celebration for my birthday! WOW!! Just when I thought the surprises were finished, she presented a beautiful stenciled happy birthday plate with delectable desserts! I was simply blown away! I asked for the manager to say thank you and Laura greeted our table. Laura was great and very personable! Laura also praised Kiphanie and her imitative.

Book this restaurant NOW! You will be taken care of with careful hands. And while this may be a small thing for some, they serve warm bread! Yes, that is lost on many restaurants, but not Capital Grille Wall Street. The lobster and Crab burger is AMAZING! skip the bun, get it on a bed of lettuce and tomato to really experience the full taste of the lobster and the crab.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

This is a five star place, but it was just shy on 5 star service. They have a lunch menu that is very nice, i had a petit filet with a crab meat served atop asparagus. I started with a lobster bisque that was excellent.
The restaurant itself is high class, multiple seating styles, private rooms, wine lockers, full bar, etc.

Date of visit: September 2018