“Very Good Pho & Grilled Pork”

Nam Son Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #2,749 of 14,808 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I enjoyed the Pho here and is the best Pho I have tasted so far. I had the sliced round eye beef with the a Pho and the medium size portion was very filling and there were ample sliced round beef in it. The grilled pork chop was wonderful. So were the fried spring rolls. Service was friendly and the prices very reasonable. Will definitely return.

1  Thank kesilo

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Easy to get here from Times Square. About 5 stops on metro and found restaurant as soon as we got out from station in Chinatown. Broth is very refreshing. Opt for the beef soup and shrimp rolls.

1  Thank WillBJust
Reviewed April 22, 2017

The staff was rude and in a hurry. The food was okay. NYC offers better Viet places. I don't recommend this one. After our dinner the server included the tip in our check and I told him to remove it but he said "that's our policy." Pay attention when you get your check. We will never be back. Thank you but no thank you!

3  Thank Ivbp68
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

Expect Asian customers with no reservations to be seated first, even if they just came in and you and your kids were on line for 30 min;

I had some sanitary concerns about that place as I looked at the back of the restaurant;

Food is very average and extremely overpriced. We had both pork and beef, no42 and no98 on their main menu.

Also make sure to double check your bill before paying: we didn't order all of our food in one chunk and whatever was added on was double taxed to inflate the bill - when they add a dish to a bill they add sales tax to the price of it and then they add sales tax again- this time, to the gross total of your bill.

2  Thank ann o
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Ate at Nam Son while in NYC on a getaway with my husband and it was very good. Super convenient as it is literally a stone's throw from the Grand Street subway station on the B and D lines. We had Vietnamese crepes, a rice stick and chicken bowl and shrimp and pork along with spring rolls, all for about $24.00. Very filling too. Don't expect anything fancy but service was pretty prompt, tea comes with the meal, and they have a huge menu and all kinds of sauces on the table. Lots of fun plus Chinatown is always interesting. I'd do Nam Son again.

1  Thank Lady911Driver