Chambers Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$181
US$146
  • Fitness centre
US$435
US$315
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$202
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$201
US$162
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$239
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$134
  • Restaurant
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$189
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$147
US$133
  • Room Service
All reviewsma pechemilk barcentral parkboutique hotelnew yorkrain showertrump towerfifth avenuebottled watergreat showersmall hotelbath productsbasic roomgreat boutiqueroom servicegreat amenitiesturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We both spend a lot of nights in 5 star hotels for work, so when travelling for pleasure, we prefer a more personal experience - but without compromising on quality. All of the staff at Chambers were friendly and we were given a warm welcome by Kevin when we arrived at 10pm. We were offered a complimentary drink at the bar and having ordered a light snack we were given plenty of notice that the kitchen was about to close, in case we wanted anything else.
Sadly we ran out of time and didnt get to eat in the Ma Peche restaurant, which was part of the reason for booking the hotel in the first place (recommended by a friend) so cant comment on the food apart from to say that the squid salad we orderedmin the bar was really good.
The room (King) was a good size with clean minimalistic design, good lighting and a responsive, instant heating system when required. The bathroom had a big and powerful rain shower which and good amenities including proper size bars of soap, good shampoo and hair conditioner, and a proper hair dryer. The bed was really comfortable and despite the fact that we were only on the 4 th floor it was very quiet at night. Notwithstanding the jet lag and waking up early, we both slept really, really well on all 4 nights that we were there and felt very rested each morning. The location is great for uptown being just off 5th Avenue.
We only discovered the deli opposite on the last day but its a great place to pick up breakfast in your pyjamas, otherwise there is a Starbucks within yards too. It was my first visit to NY and to be honest if I were to visit again I would possibly consider looking at midtown hotels next time, just because I preferred that area for bars/stair ants in the evening. But with taxis and the Subway it's no big deal. And Central park and MOMA are minutes away on foot.
Our request for late checkout on the last day was also no problem.
If excellent sleep quailty, a decent shower, and a personal experience are how you measure a hotel then I would definitely recommend Chambers.

Room Tip: King room at the front on floor 4 was great and really quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adidasfish
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear Ms. Adidasfish,

We are certainly pleased you were so pleased and I will pass along your comments gladly. The ability to sleep and be comfortable in a city as busy as New York is paramount in being able to enjoy all it has to offer. I am terrifically glad Chambers was successful on both counts.

The squid salad is my go-to, but I do hope you will be able to return and try all Má Pêche has to offer; there surely is somebody home in the kitchen.

Let me know when next you plan to travel to New York and Chambers, I will be pleased to handle your booking personally.

Kindly,

Reviewed 12 November 2011

From the moment Ty greeted us at the door we felt at home. The staff area very friendly and greeted by name everyone morning and upon our return at night. Great location for exploring the city and for restaurants. Would we come again - yes!

• Stayed: November 2011
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the compliments, I am only too happy in passing them along.

Please do let me know when next you plan to arrive; I will be delighted meeting you and making sure you are well care for once again.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

My boyfriend and i had out first night in NYC at the Chambers. We wanted to stay Uptown near Central Park and the shopping district. It was a fantastic location. 2 blocks from the park, 1 block from loads of shopping, on the same street as Dean and Deluca, near Moma. It really was very central. I liked the general vibe of the hotel. I loved the design, the staff, the hot shower, the detail. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend. Would i recommend it to my Mum? Hmmm. Its probably a bit edgy for her. But i liked it. The cafe was nice for breaky (Ma Peche) and Momofuku Milk bar is attached (and wow those treats are tasty!). I would stay here again even though i found it expensive (although i think all hotels are about $400 a night so im probably just a bit out of touch). One thing - we had basically no view, so try and request a room with a view if you book and you might be more lucky than we were. (no major complaint though, we were only there for the one night)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennyfury

Dear Ms. Jennyfury,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments, they are greatly appreciated. I am well pleased you enjoyed yourself and rest assured while the design may be quite contemporary our fine staff will make your mother, and anyone else for that matter, feel right at home. We are in the business of making our guests comfortable in ways large and small.

Be sure to let me know when you return to New York and I will make certain you have a room with a view.

Kindly,

Reviewed 6 November 2011

small boutique hotel with excellent location
I satyed here 4 nights on business trip and was very pleased by the nice, clean and modern rooms and the friendly and helpfull staff.

only negative point for me was the room service, which I tryend out on my last night and had probably one of the worst burgers ever!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Ms Arcobaleno,

While we are , of course, delighted you enjoyed your visit to Chambers, I am surely sorry to hear of your displeasure with your hamburger. Má Pêche has a well deserved reputation of serving stellar food, prepared from the the freshest and choicest ingredients. Momofuku restaurants are known to be among the finest in the city.

I do hope you will contact me when next you are visiting New York as I would be delighted make all your arrangements personally.

Once again, we are all very sorry to hear of your displeasure.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We absolutely loved our stay at Chambers Hotel. The staff was friendly and approachable. The service was very personal and the room was beautiful and comfortable. We felt like we are staying in our own apartment, but with all the wonderful amenities. We are especially thankful for all the personal attention that our son received during our stay. We would happily stay there again and would recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and found it to be very quiet in the evening even though our room faced the street. Bay windows opened to the street which was nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SMaxwellTX
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear The Maxwells' of Texas,

Thank you for taking your time in letting us and all of TripAdvisor know of your satisfaction with Chambers. We set out to make it a home away and in a busy city like ours, the respite, we are certain and you seem to agree, is welcome.
Oh, and we love children ( I am given to understand yours is quite stellar).
Surely let me know when you next find yourselves heading our way.