All reviews ma peche milk bar central park boutique hotel new york rain shower corner king room trump tower bottled water fifth ave small hotel basic room bath products great boutique room service carnegie hall turn down service
Reviewed October 30, 2016

At $430 a night, one has the right to expect a hot shower in the morning!
I stayed three nights: I reported the problem after the first lukewarm morning shower; they sent an engineer. There was hot water at night, but none in any of the three mornings. It seems like the infrastructure can't handle the morning load.
There were other minor details: remote control/TV that don't work properly unless you point it at a very specific and narrow angle, no coffee machine in the room (just a rudimentary small machine in the mezzanine), and the same hard beds as in my first visit. This was my second stay and unfortunately, the last.

Room tip: Choose a room with guaranteed hot water in the morning
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ilanafog1
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

Dear ilanafog1,

We are, of course, chagrined to know you will not return and wish you all the best.

Kindly,

Reviewed October 27, 2016

I have been several times at Chambers hotel and what I love about it is the ambiance, the friendly staff, the attention they have to you having a great stay while there. It is located right in the heart of the city and near my favorite part which is Central Park. Love the rooms that are spacious and very comfortable. Love the beds and linens by the way! The staff is great and really put a personal touch and effort on what they do and even remember my name which is very very nice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

We are very pleased to be your favorite hotel and thank you for spreading the good word.

Until soon, kind regards.

Reviewed October 25, 2016

My young son and I felt very welcome and looked after during our stay over Easter 2016. We will return, if their rates stop going up. Unfortunately, breakfast is not included in the rate. This would give a competitive edge.

Room tip: If you fancy the front, you might have some traffic noise. Back side view is obviously boring but rooms are quiet.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you, Anonymous O, for the appreciation and sharing it vie TripAdvisor.

Alas, our breakfast is not included, though our coffee, tea and fruit on the Mezzanine are a fine way to being the day.

Once again, many thanks.

Your,

Reviewed October 21, 2016

My wife and I just spent three nights at Chambers and couldn't get over how friendly and helpful all the staff were. From arrival to check out, they were outstanding. Ty and Jose had great suggestions for places to visit and how to get around. James preceded our arrival with restaurant suggestions and bookings. Room was spacious by NYC standards and very comfortable. Bathrooms similarly a good size, with awesome showers. Great location. Quiet at night, which many hotels are not. We will be back! Thanks

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Mr. and Mrs. Jamie C.

We are thoroughly delighted Chambers has so fully pleased you. Thank you for recognizing our terrific staff members; they are, to a person, the very definition of hospitality and we count ourselves very fortunate indeed.

Please let us know when you plan to be back and we will all be very happy to continue your exploration of our fine city.

Yours kindly,

Reviewed October 18, 2016

My wife and I had a stay here while traveling through NYC and loved it! I had no idea that the hotel had an art theme to it when I booked, but it was a really great surprise and done very well. The bed was comfy, and the location was great. We also tried the room service and it was quick, good food, and professional. We would definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Dear James E.

We would very much like to have you as our guests once again, regularly in fact.

We love surprising our guests, whether with our powerful showers, MilkBar treats or the many pieces of art that adorn the lobby, rooms and hallways.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We greatly appreciate it.

Kindly,