“Very good service. He came right over to...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thai Massage-NYC

Thai Massage-NYC
More attraction details
Owner description: Thai Massage is a great way to recover from jet-lag and stiffness associated with long flights. The foundation of my massage practice has its beginning in a Western clinical setting so each session is infused with all of the best techniques from my medical massage training. You can count on therapeutic bodywork in a contact of Traditional Thai Massage.
“Very good service. He came right over to...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

Very good service. He came right over to my hotel with his equipment and set upvin my small room. The quality of his work is fantastic and I was able to determine his availability right on his website.
I highly recommend that you try Thai Massage.

“Highly recomend this experienced...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

Highly recomend this experienced therapist, not only for the level of care and attention to detail that he brings to the craft, but he is also a gentle soul who made me feel perfectly at ease having invited him over to my hotel room in Manhattan haveing never met.
If you have not experienced Traditional Thai Massage you are certainly missing the best of the body work modalities there is. I always used to get a typical table massage but ever since I tried this on a tip from a friend I will never go back. Sure, the back rub feels great, but then after a day my back is aching again. Thai massage stretching is not only quite relaxing but the effect gives me relief for my low back pain and tight shoulders for days after the session.
Give ThaiMassage-NYC.com a call, you will be glad you did

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Extraordinary Thai massage in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

If you are not familiar with Thai massage, the main thing to know is that it's not like a "regular" swedish massage. Instead, you remain fully clothed (tshirt and sweatpants or other soft clothes), and the therapist stretches your body, moving your muscles and joints into positions that help them stretch and release tension and stiffness. It's a very relaxing experience when done by a talented and well-trained professional who knows Thai massage techniques, and it can help relieve all kinds of aches and pains.

Reinhold Baker, who owns Thai Massage (thaimassage-nyc.com) has a lot of training as a massage therapist, plus spent a long time in Thailand learning the detailed techniques of Thai massage. I located his website when searching for a massage therapist - I wanted to have a plan in place to work out some of the "travel aches" after flying to NY for a short visit. Reinhold can meet you at your hotel (which is what I did) or you can go to his office. He responded very quickly to my email requesting an appointment, answered all my questions, and when I had to change hotels at the last minute, was VERY kind in accommodating that change.

The massage itself was extraordinary - Reinhold arrived to the hotel right on time, and texted me to let me know he was there. He set up the massage area in the hotel room (a talent in and of itself, given the small size of the room!) and then we talked a bit about my previous massage experiences and the aches and pains I was having. I booked an 80-minute session, and I would *HIGHLY* recommend doing that - it gives Reinhold enough time to really help you stretch out thoroughly and really let your muscles and joints release the tension they may be trying to hold onto. Thai massage is not always easy - the therapist's job is to help your body stretch thoroughly, and that requires some work, and may result in some soreness afterwards, especially if your muscles and joints are very tight beforehand. But Reinhold was very calm and knowledgeable, and he clearly was able to tell the difference between my muscles' resisting a stretch at first (and thus he just gently helped me "push through" that resistance) versus my experiencing a painful sensation that wasn't quite right (in which case he stopped immediately and switched to a different stretch). Because it was so clear that he understood this so well, I trusted him as much in this first session as I trust my regular (non-Thai) massage therapist, whom I've been seeing for years. He is not only really knowledgeable and talented, but he also is just an amazingly kind and open-hearted person. I felt very lucky to have the chance to meet him.

If I lived in NYC, I would make massage sessions with Reinhold a regular occurrence. I know he has several clients whom he massages weekly, going to their homes and doing the work. I would love the chance to work with him on that kind of regular basis! For now, though, I will happily content myself with a massage session every time I visit the city!

6 Thank tarheel89