“Great french toast”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant in Manhattan since 1964. We originally started as a bakery/cafe and evolved into a full service diner serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts as well as wine and beer. Our pizza and pasta are all prepared fresh daily and our burgers are house made and cooked to order. We bake our pies, cookies and croissants on the premises throughout the day
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

This place is very busy! French toast was good with bacon and syrup. Good for a cheap and filling breakfast.

Monir Z, Owner at Andrew's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

Thank you Natalie. Your words are straight and to the point. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to NYC. we hope you'll come back and visit us again. We are open until midnight every day and we make a great thin crust pizza (the dough and the sauce are made right here every day), what a great way to end the day.
Thank you again. Safe travels

Monir

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

Lots of locals and packed on a Sunday morning. Typical American diner, clean, good value, easy to access from Midtown. Highly recommend.

Thank you Nick for stopping in and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and and we hope to see you again on your next visit, perhaps you'll try us for dinner or dessert.
Safe travels

Reviewed April 1, 2016

NOT RECOMMENDED
Keep in mind this is rushed due to having to rewrite.
Here is why, My friends and i went to Andrews about 2 weeks ago we are from Philadelphia and viewed the online menu, all 8 of us enjoyed what they had to offer we were much excited and could not wait to start our day in NYC with them, we love to visit the city and wanted to find a go to place, we hoped and thought this would be it, Myself being the planner i viewed reviews i saw a few negatives but i know that not everything is always perfect and doubting the same would happen to us, let me GET TO THE POINT 2 of 8 friends birthdays were being celebrated that day and of course the rest of us wanted nothing but a good time for them. SERVICE WAS RUSHED from the second we walked in... the waiter even walked away mid conversation to clean anther table then came back to continue as if nothing happened besides the disrespect of not even asking us to please hold we let it go because it is a busy place and we are understanding. As you could imagine we were at a large put together table to fit the 8 of us. A man came over and PUSHED TABLES OVER US without a warning leaving 4 people sitting without a table we then obviously moved over, during this progress a FORK FELL on the floor the man just PUT IT BACK ON THE TABLE and walked away my friend closest to the fork had it further away to prevent anyone from using it however later on accidentally ended up eating with it due to forgetting such a thing would happen in a restaurant. Let me add there is ONLY 1 BATHROOM for both men and woman to share and after having to spend so much time on waiting to even get in it was DISGUSTING. FOOD did not come out at the same time it was about 2 at a time and 5 minutes apart. The waiter MISS UNDERSTOOD ORDERs leaving my boyfriend with more food them we wanted and of course forced to pay for. We ordered banana pancakes and one of the birthday girls order plain ones with more, my boyfriend was pointing out that he couldn't taste the banana and because of the delay on when orders were coming out we tried to wait but to wait meant cold food so we all had to eat at our own pace by the time the birthday girl got hers she was pointing out the bananas in her pancakes and was still waiting on the rest of the food she order Besides that being DANGEROUS, she could have been allergic, my boyfriend and i were still charged for for banana pancakes that we never received and for her after settling for the food she didn't ask for she was forced to chancel the bacon and eggs she was waiting on due to it still not out after almost 10 minutes after the pancakes. MANAGEMENT first we asked the waiter to talk to the manager about such terrible experience he them came back and straight out said hes not doing anything about it . i work in a restaurant and if a customer is unsatisfied even a little bit a manager wants and are willing to please the customer to their ability, so i didn't believe the manager would disregard the situation especially a restaurant in New York with plenty of competition so i went to speak to him myself and straight off was an attitude i explained everything and how much we wanted to return but with such a bad experience i couldn't bring myself to, his only reply is well what do you want ? me to fire the waiter? i then say no of course not and he ends it with a bad remark along the lines of okay then and walks away, during explaining i made it clear i wasn't fighting for all of the meals to be free none of my friends were 100% happy with the food however we learned weather or not we like the taste and that something we cant be upset at, if we do not like it then we know they are not fit our preference however One of the birthday day girls did not even get a chase to eat anything she order and at least an attempt to fix her order would have been great,
either way if everything went well and i had the background story on how they treat customers that do not have such a great experience i would still not support them

1  Thank Brittny D
Reviewed March 28, 2016

This is a great place for a good breakfast which won’t break the bank. There’s something on the menu for everyone, it’s clean and their service pretty fast. My only complaint is that they have a habit of forgetting to provide you with cutlery – they did that on both occasions we were there and our food was getting cold while we waited for it. In spite of this, I would go back again.

Monir Z, Owner at Andrew's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2016

Thank you Agyasi for taking the time to write about your visit. First I want to apologize about the silverware. The first thing I did after reading your review was to make sure the servers had more silverware in the dining room. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfasts none the less. We hope that you keep coming back and keep in mind even though we make a great breakfast, we're not just breakfast . We are open until midnight every day and we serve lunch, dinner and great desserts.
We look forward to your next visit. Safe travels

Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

Pancakes are really good. Eggs too. Great atmosphere. Quick service, tables are always turning over so even when it's full you get seated quickly. Would go again and again.

Monir Z, Owner at Andrew's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2016

Thank you Maurice for coming and for your kind words. I'm glad you liked the pancakes and eggs. In NYC you need a hearty breakfast to keep up with all there is to do, and we hope you keep coming back again and again. But remember even though we serve breakfast all day, we also have great brick oven pizza, pasta and hamburgers that are house made fresh every day. We can't wait to see you again.
Thank you again. Safe travels