“Brooklyn and Queens neighborhood Extravaganza!”

The Levys' Unique New York!
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
NYC Awesome Architecture Private Tour by Foot and...
Ranked #54 of 648 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided tours of NYC & Brooklyn via private vehicle or foot & subway by NY's First Family of Tour Guides. Our licensed guides excel at the four Es - educational, entertaining, energetic and engaging. Native New Yorkers lead uniquely designed tours which focus on food, history, culture, architecture, music, arts and more and utilize state-of-the-art technology to bring a visual flair to New York's fascinating history.
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I recently came to visit New York and check out the Borough's of Queens and Brooklyn as I'm planning to relocate in a few months... but was having a really hard time finding a tour that would accomplish my goal. I called up Levy's New York and was lucky enough to get in touch with Matt (who is awesome by the way)! I explained that I was looking to move here and wanted a guided tour of some different areas that would be within the price range I wanted to pay for housing and of course get a little culture and history on those areas too.

Matt was the PERFECT tour guide. He provided me with all the necessary information and created a tour that was exactly what I wanted. He was able to tell me which areas would be a good commute into where my office would be, where to eat, the primary ethnicity of those areas and the best places to eat their authentic cuisine! Matt picked me up in a nice, clean, vehicle - and I felt completely safe the entire time. The service was top notch and his personality was such that I felt completely at ease asking any questions about the city that I had.

The cost to do a private tour was a little more than I had wanted to spend initially but the money was WELL worth it and I would recommend it to anyone! When I move to NYC and want to learn more about the city I will definitely check out his other guided tours. Thank you to Matt and "The Levy's Unique New York"!

All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 9 reviews
"tour companies"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"fun facts"
"brooklyn tour"
"food tour"
in 6 reviews
"grand central station"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Two adults and two teenagers spent 8 hours with Matt Levy on a personalized, private tour last week and it was the perfect way to begin our 6 day vacation in NYC. Although it was raining a good part of the day (and not to mention cold), he kept us moving, entertained, fed and informed! We felt like we had known him all our lives and he even won over my 17 year old daughter and her friend who both remarked later that evening how much they enjoyed his personality. Matt is certainly gifted with knowledge and passion for NYC and for showing it off to his clients.

1  Thank SandraLTexas
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Took a 4 hour private tour with Mark and could not have been more pleased. The man's insane! His knowledge of the city (Manhattan and Brooklyn), his humor and his wit made for one of the most memorable traveling experiences we've ever had. He took us to facinating places, introduced us to interesting people and showed us sights few people get to see. I can't imagine a better way to see NYC. He treated us like we were part of the family!
Thanks again Mark.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Matt which was our tour guide was awesome and very entertaining.. We seen new York city in a better view then we were expecting he took us to kats deli it was amazing and we would do it again love new York city love your Hawaiian group!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2011

None of us had been in NYC for many years. We wanted a good overview of the city through a personal tour that made good use of our time. We got what we wanted.
It was especially nice to deal with a small family business. Matt Levy took our reservation and provided a lot of information up front. His brother Jonah gave our party of five a 5-hour tour that we thoroughly enjoyed and would highly recommend.
Jonah was very easy to get along with. He was knowledgeable and interesting, covering many of the basics with a plentiful amount of obscure information, as well. He was very attentive to what we wanted to see and our pace. Any time we wanted to take a break, it was fine with him.
We were pretty mobile so a good bit of our tour involved walking with highlights being the Times Square area, the Theatre District, St. Pat's, Rockerfeller Plaza, Central Park South, and the Columbus Circle area.
Then, he helped us understand the subway system, and we all went downtown to explore Battery Park, the World Trade Center area, Trinity Church (?), Wall Street, and the Occupy Wall Street encampment.
We learned that the Levy's fees were comparable to other tour services.