2,810 results
All reviews stone street battery park the staten island ferry statue of liberty new york lower manhattan warm cookies wall st rooms are small brooklyn bridge freedom tower world trade center around the corner business trip city view subway station convenient location
Reviewed March 12, 2016

Perfect location for the Statten Ferry, 911, wall st. Close to metro line, lots of places close by for eating, drinking and buying snacks. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. Free cookies on arrival, coffee machine, iron and hairdryer in room. We were on the 34th floor at the back so nice and quiet. Free internet which worked great, also computers and printers in the reception. Room had aircon.

Room Tip: Higher up and at the back.
Reviewed March 11, 2016

Just switched jobs and am looking for a new place to stay when in NY on business...this won't be it. While the staff were wonderful and that goes along way to giving an average rating - and the size of the rooms wasn't horrible for NY - too many nit picky things pushed this to the bottom of my list.

1. Pro and Con - the Italian restaurant next door does room service - decent food but the menu choices were mainly Italian - not a lot of variety.
2. Pro - the restaurant also does the breakfast for hilton honors statused guests. Decent eggs bacon sausage coffee juice - nice spread
3. Con - elevators - there are 40+ floors and maybe 10 rooms per floor - and three elevators...long wait times during rush hour...I don't recommend staying on the 10th floor - the first day I noticed that every time I pushed the button to go down I got an elevator going up...I had to push the up to go down...I reported it and by the second day I finally gave in and pushed the up button when I wanted to go down
4. Con - very small bathroom and the lighting wasn't so good for makeup - the bathroom door is a barn door sliding style - good for a small place - but there was no hook(s) for towels in the bathroom...that was very annoying
5. Con - the blow dryer in my bathroom was missing - nothing like waiting for a blow dryer when your hair is wet and you need to get to work
6. Huge Pro - the hot water was very quick in the morning - I hate waiting for 10 minutes in the morning for hot water...maybe a minute or two and it was HOT!
7. Admittedly stupid nit picky and really not material - I love the cookies you get at check in at Doubletree...mine was dried out and burned...boo!

So it was decent price and location wasn't bad but overall not one of my better hotel stays...several of my co-workers stayed as well and we all agreed that we need to look for something else.

Room Tip: not across from the elevators - you can step off the elevator and take two steps and be in the room
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2016

Hotel Location (huge factor in rating).

Typically I'm a big fan of all Hilton brands, but this one was just ok. My issue was mostly with the property itself as opposed to the staff I encountered. The staff is very friendly and attentive so if you're looking for great customer service, this hotel gets an A+ in that department. The only reason why we stayed at this particular location is because it was the cheapest given the nights we chose and once in New York City, it's very easy to get around. However, I somewhat regret the location because the Financial District in general, particularly at night is extremely desolate and nothing is open. In walking distance from several subway lines, (4,5,J,Z and R), I think hotel is better suited for persons traveling on business. Definitely not pleasure. Literally the most annoying part about this location is that you will not find a parking space. Being a native New Yorker, and having an understanding that using a car in NYC is more like a liability, most, if not all the parking near this hotel is reserved for commercial vehicles. Although parking garages are available nearby, you're going to be paying out big bucks to park your car and depending on the size of your vehicle, you may be charged an additional fee. The rate at the garages is approximately $60 per day, but the hotel validates parking (YOU MUST ASK) for which you receive a $20 discount.

Hotel Itself:

Despite the aforementioned, this seems to be a very popular hotel. They have over 30 floors, but the building is narrow. Although the rooms are nice, they are small and whatever you do, do not choose a room that's directly in front of the elevator. There is literally 2 feet between your room and the elevator door. What I also don't like is that the Front desk is located on the second floor, so when you actually get into the hotel, you need to hop on the elevator just to get to the reception area and as you can imagine, given the number of floors, the elevator can be slow. We ended up walking down the stairs on numerous occasions, thankfully we were only on the 9th floor.

What I did appreciate:

Fresh cookies every morning at the front desk.
The staff
Providing us with a later check out time, which we greatly appreciated.

Although I wrote plenty of negatives, it was a pretty good experience. If you're looking for entertainment constantly, seek a Hilton brand uptown because you may be disappointed solely due to the hotels location.

Room Tip: Although you're quite close to the water, don't expect to take advantage of any views. Nearby Skyscrapers block everything!
1  Thank Thoughtful_Reviews
Reviewed March 9, 2016

I was leary after reading reviews but ended up booking it due to the location and price. This hotel is a great location for walking to Battery Park with the statue of Liberty and the World Trade Center Memorial. It is close to the metro and provided easy access to get to time square. The staff was friendly, some though were not very knowledgeable about the area. They have computers with internet and a printer in the lobby which helped alot looking for things to do, places to eat, and printing out our plane tickets. I also appreciated their checkout procedure. We were able to have them hold on to our bags after check out and they arranged a car for us (at a flat fee) to get to the airport).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed March 8, 2016

One of the worst hotel experiences. The cleaning staff and SOME of the front desk staff are nice. One front desk lady gave us a sassy attitude when asked if we can have water bottles brought up to our room. However, the service is nothing compared to the condition of the hotel. It is old, shoddy and jenky. Walls are extremely thin; I can hear conversations from neighbors and the elevator going up and down. Also there's construction nearby, it starts ~6 AM doesn't end until ~12 AM. Non stop drilling. I barely got ANY sleep the week I was there, by end of week I was completely DELIRIOUS. Please don't stay here.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Calvin P, On behalf of the hotel staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2016

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned with the room condition. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.