Lowest prices for your stay
C$306
Fully refundable before Tue, Jun 4
No prepayment needed
Larry T

Great room, good location, terrible restaurant.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 2, 2024
A cosy, clean room in a good location. However the connecting restaurant was very poor indeed. $58 for a poorly cooked fillet steak; the staff were not concerned in finding out why the steak was not up to scratch and were more interesting in still receiving their tip. This put a dampener on an otherwise brilliant trip.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Apr 6, 2024
Larry, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. We're glad you found our accommodations comfortable and our location convenient. However, we're truly disappointed to learn about your experience at our onsite restaurant. Your feedback regarding the quality of the steak and service is concerning, and we apologize for the letdown. Rest assured, we'll address these issues with our restaurant team to ensure improvements are made. We appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit to New York.
C$340
Fully refundable
No prepayment needed
2.7 km from DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown
C$248
4.8 km from DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown
Restaurant
Arlo SoHo Lobby and public space.
C$324
7.3 km from DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown
Room service
View more hotels in New York City
3,384 results
All reviews the financial district stone street battery park the staten island ferry statue of liberty new york lower manhattan freedom tower around the corner business trip subway station high floor times square nyc memorial brooklyn block
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2024

Can't get to your room. This hotel only has three elevators that service 44 floors. Each floor has ten rooms. Assuming two guest per room you get to approximately one thousand guests trying to squeeze into three elevators. Give yourself at least 15 minutes to wait in line for an elevator.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Guide59630065139
Hotel Management, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2024

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our elevator service. We understand the frustration of long wait times, and we're actively working to address this issue to improve the guest experience. We hope you'll give us another chance to provide you with a smoother stay on your next visit to New York.

Reviewed February 15, 2024

Great location with an excellent Italian restaurant connected where I had dinner my first night, and then breakfast my first morning. Hotel itself was just ok.

Room was very cramped - I couldn't fit my suitcase in the closet with the safe and the ironing board and the awkward doors so I kept it on my desk.
The bathroom was very small with zero counter space, just a little shelf above the toilet. I had to move the toilet paper roll to the back of the toilet because if it was on the holder it interfered with the seat lid.

View from Room 1107 was looking into another building. I thought Floor 11 would give me some kind of view, but disappointed that I looked at and into buildings. The only good thing was I was low enough that I didn't have to wait on the elevators very long on Wednesday and Thursday, but Friday morning was insane. Every car that came down was completely full. Three small elevators for 40+ floors is not enough, or they need a more efficient elevator system as I have seen in other high rises. City noises were very loud which I was mostly able to drown out with my white noise app. I'd go higher if you are sensitive to noise at night. I could also hear doors slamming and talking/tv/music from other rooms well into the night. Definitely not a quiet hotel.

I left for meetings at 9am and when I returned at 5pm, my room still had not been made up. They showed up a few minutes later and I told them just to give me towels and she did empty trash cans too. Would have been nice to have come back to this vs. trying to get ready for dinner while they serviced my room. Coffee maker in the room - I went to put water in the tank, and it was dirty/dusty. I ran water through it a few times and tried to wipe out with a washcloth. Ew.

Shopping and dining/bar options within walking distance. The sign in the elevator said there was a lobby bar, but I never saw it. Plenty of bar options easy walking distance or in the restaurant on the bottom level.

Hilton, you really should give your members free water every day like Marriott does. The front desk staff were ok but not overly friendly.

It wasn't terrible, but I might look at other nearby options next time.

Room tip: Room 1107 did not have a view. I'd go higher for less noise but you'll probably wait longer for elevator.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel Management, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2024

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our location and the Italian restaurant. We apologize for the inconveniences with your room and service. Your feedback is invaluable for improvements. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2024

We had to travel to NY for a quick overnight and found this hotel 400ft from the location of where we were going. In general, the location was fabulous as it's central to so much in the financial district.
Upon check in, I thought there was a valet and became very flustered. We were told to go to the 2nd floor to check in and I was overwhelmed as there was no one to help me get a lot of stuff upstairs. There were carts, but they were horrible to navigate. The elevators were packed and took a ton of time while I waited to get to the second floor. My fiance took the car to look for parking and it was very stressful.
Once I got to the second floor to check in, I was greeted by the nicest man. I was having a bit of a meltdown and he was kind, patient and generous with me. He apologized for the misunderstanding and gave me directions to the closest garage (which I texted my partner). He gave me a bottle of water and helped me relax.
Once I unloaded everything in my room I was much better, but the experience was not fun alone. I wish they had bellhops or someone to help. The issue is that the space is small, there's 44 floors and not enough room in the 3 elevators.
Room was great. Small but clean, charming and comfortable. Had a great view!
I would actually stay again now that we know what to expect. The only downside is the elevators. When we checked out (and they did give us a late checkout which was nice) - we had to wait 30 minutes to get from the 42nd floor down to 2nd floor lobby. It was so bad they had to send someone up on the service elevator to come get us.
If you aren't in a rush, don't have a ton of stuff to take to your room and it's a quick trip - this hotel really is worth the money.

Room tip: Leave your room EARLY to get an elevator. Don't pack a lot - no help to get to your room.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Management, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2024

Courtney, we are glad our location and room met your needs! Please accept our apology for the initial stress and elevator waits. We are looking into improving navigation and assistance. Your understanding and feedback are appreciated, and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed January 16, 2024

Upon our arrival at this establishment I was still fuming about being forced to slum it across the Atlantic (in club world) and I was eager to get to a comfy bed. The first inconvenience occurred when we were directed to use a lift to reach the salle d'attente on the second floor, cue the PA struggling to fit my 15 piece matching set of Louis Vuitton luggage (and his back pack) into the rather tight elevator. I left the PA to carry out all the check in formalities, however I was rather flabbergasted to see him spinning a wheel as if he was some kind of game show host. It was then back to the elevator to reach our room on the 23rd floor, this is where problems started as all the lifts were full of other patrons; I instructed the PA that he would have to take the stairs with my 15 piece matching set of Louis Vuitton luggage. I eventually managed to get myself into an elevator after being told to go in sideways and not touch the sides. Obscenities began to be shouted towards the PA when he finally showed up to the 23rd floor because he hadn’t left me the room key, he then ushered me into the room which was rather diminutive. First thing I noticed was how cold the room was and I had visions of having to sleep in my morning dress, the PA found the thermoregulator and turned up the temperature; what a mistake that was at it sounded like the PA had started a diesel generator. For a quick dinner I allowed the PA fetch something called a “takeout” however he hadn’t picked up any silverware, I found some coffee stirrers in the room and we had to make do with those to eat the Mac’n’cheese (pasta and a cheese sauce). The beds were incredibly comfortable which resulted in both of us feeling very refreshed come dawn, this came in handy for the PA as due to the popularity of the lifts there was a wait so I demanded to be carried down the stairs (I don’t like burning calories unnecessarily). The gentleman on the ground floor was always very courteous and I tipped my top hat each time we passed. It was a little disappointing to find the housekeeper hadn’t cleared any of our detritus we’d left beside the receptacle, likewise the coffee stirrers weren’t replenished which resulted in the PA having a mac’n’cheese flavoured coffee. For our early flight from JFK I requested the PA to request a station wagon from reception, this was met with blank stares resulting in us vulnerable gentleman having to brave the conditions at an ungodly hour trying to flag down a cabriolet. Ultimately despite the few negatives our weekend retreat at the DoubleTree New York Downtown was pleasant and enjoyable, if the PA booked this boarding house again I would be fine with it.

Room tip: Eating mac’n’cheese with coffee stirrers isn’t ideal
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel Management, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2024

Tarquin , thank you for sharing your experience at DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown. We are delighted the beds provided comfort and our team was courteous. We apologize for any inconvenience with the elevators, room temperature, and dining utensils. Your detailed feedback helps us improve. We look forward to welcoming you and your PA again, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed January 16, 2024

It is an ok location, bit rough on the street the hotel is located on. The hotel rooms are very very small although the bed was very comfy. We wouldnt return to this hotel. The wait for the lifts are a bit much also.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Management, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2024

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your concerns regarding the room size and elevator wait times. We are glad you found the bed comfortable. We are continuously working to improve and hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.