All reviews columbia university frederick douglass apollo theatre new york free bottles of water subway station front desk staff trendy hotel two blocks would stay here again street level mini fridge lounge area around the corner convenient location free coffee air conditioner
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

My son and I stayed here for our annual Comic-Con weekend. We chose this location due to the fact of the price and we wanted to visit Harlem. We had a great time it's a great location for what we wanted to do. It's directly across the street from the Magic Johnson movie theater. Which came in handy when we went to the 11 p.m. show for Venom. Now to the hotel it's not a large Hotel small hotel with a lounge with a pool table and a full-service bar for evening drinks. We did notice Friday and Saturday night they did have a DJ in the lounge. Our room was on the third floor and we were so tired from walking around we didn't even hear the music. If there was one thing that I would like for them to have is a area for say a continental breakfast which is a great value when staying in New York City. Saturday morning we did walk down to a soul food restaurant called Amy Ruth soul food restaurant at 116th and Lenox Avenue. The food was good but it is on the pricey side. For me and my son who is 15 our bill came to $36. Overall we do plan on coming back and staying at this hotel there's a lot of history and family history in Harlem that we want to see.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
586madelinec, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear lilglenndad,

It's always a pleasure when our guests leave us detailed feedback in regards to their most recent stay! We're so glad you and your son had a great time while visiting Harlem as the area does have a lot to offer. Thank you for choosing Aloft Harlem and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I have visited New York City several times and always stayed in the Times Square area. I went to New York for a meetup with a traveling group to attend the Historical Taste of Harlem tour.

I knew Harlem is where I wanted to stay - so Aloft hotel I booked. Nice modern and hip hotel. Clean rooms and friendly staff.

Aloft Harlem is in "the heart of Harlem" ! There are many trendy restaurants on Fredrick Douglass Blvd. Also local lounges for great music. The legendary Apollo Theatre is right around the corner also.
I had a great experience at Aloft hotel and loved being in the heart of Harlem !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travel4lifejanie

Dear Travel4lifejanie,

We couldn't have said it any better! Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it provides awesome details for future guests on what's around our property. We thank you for choosing Aloft Harlem and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I stayed here for a meeting and it was a convenient location with good service and great ambiance. I enjoyed the evening crowd and the lounge. It's within walking distance to several great restaurants and other attractions.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank John T

Dear John T,

We're glad you enjoyed our location! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Visiting family at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine and we stayed at the one hotel within miles of the school. Aloft was a pleasant hotel. I have always liked the mod millennial feel of aloft properties and this one did not disappoint. The staff is very pleasant and attentive from the front desk to the cleaning attendants. We brought our cat and they were very accommodating. Small rooms but that’s New York. Comfy platform bed and very nice WiFi and tv in the rooms. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Harlem area!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank eyegas

Dear Eyegas,

Thank you for your awesome review! It's always great to know when our guests had a pleasant stay while visiting the area whether its to visit Family and/or to explore Harlem. We hope to welcome you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at many hotels in New York but never stayed in Harlem. I’m told this is the only hotel in Harlem (there are B&Bs). Aloft is a trendy brand and you feel that when you arrive. You can walk downstairs to the hotel lobby or take an elevator tucked around a corner. Our room was comfortable but small. Contained a refrigerator and coffeemaker. A very large shower, no tub. Large television. AC does blow directly on you as it’s at the foot of the bed (turn the temperature down). There’s a Fitness Center on the bottom level. We were on the front of the hotel just over Frederick Douglass Blvd. but we weren’t troubled by the noise. Able to get taxis and Uber with no problem. Had a good late night meal at Savann in the next block. Would definitely stay again. And LaGuardia was very close; we arrived in about 15 minutes on a Sunday morning.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear AClarke625,

We're proud to say we are the only hotel in Harlem and we're truly happy you chose to stay with us during your recent stay in Harlem/NYC. Thank you for taking the time to review our property as it gives our future guests an insight on what our hotel as well as the area has to offer. We look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,