“French toast to die for!”
Review of The Bluebell Cafe

The Bluebell Cafe
Ranked #249 of 15,860 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gramercy Park
Description: He Bluebell Cafe raises the bar on the midtown culinary scene. To help fill the gap in the area's dining options, the newest addition to Gramercy Park comes to us by the same acclaimed owners of Open Door Gastropub, The Paris Bar and Grill and Molly's Pub and Restaurant. Executive Chef Scott Hawley serves up gourmet offerings at affordable luxury prices. Offering American comfort food with a French country flare, the new eatery is an updated version of all your favorites, but classed up with an array of delectable menu options. The interesting variety of seasonal menu options, an eclectic selection of regional beer & wines, delicious home-baked desserts, and popular weekend brunch, make this new gem in Gramercy's culinary crown the newest hotspot for affordable decadence. Bluebell Cafe is open daily from 8am-11pm and serves weekend brunch from 8am-4pm. Reservations are accepted for dinner.
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

I remember going to the bluebell cafe a few years back and loving it. I was so happy to find that my old favorite is still an amazing breakfast spot!
I ordered the brioche French toast and was not disappointed...incredibly yummy! In fact, this place has spoiled me and I cannot have French toast anywhere else!
Bacon was cooked perfectly as well, coffee was good, just basic but fine. My family members were all happy with their various selections as well.
Service was warm and friendly, wish I could remember waitresses name but she was quite nice!

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Waitress was a bit slow but all others were very attentive and anxious to please. I would recommend and go back for breakfast

Reviewed June 5, 2017

Luckily discovered this gem on my first morning in NY. It was nice and close to my hotel. Had breakfast there four mornings in a row. The food was well cooked and nicely presented, the blueberry pancakes were especially delicious. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Nice mix of clientele of locals and tourists. A must if you are in the area

Reviewed May 13, 2017

We ate here after a long day of cleaning out a relative's apartment. The place is small but the portions are big. The sandwiches are very good. The Martinis were good too. Service was fine and the price was good for the amount of food.

Reviewed May 7, 2017

Was not sure they would let two drowned rats in but we were recommended this café and were determined to find it!! We were given a friendly welcome and were even seated next to a heating pipe to dry out!! What more could you ask for? The friendliness of the staff was brilliant and the surroundings and ambience of this café were lovely. We enjoyed a couple of hours here. I had the chicken pot pie which was delicious. This is one of the best places I have eaten in and when back in New York will definitely visit again.