“Nice find”

Osteria Morini Manhattan
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Morini Manhattan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #528 of 14,725 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Cross street: Spring
Transit: 6 at Spring Street. N,R at Prince. B,D,F,M at Broadway/Lafayette.
Description: Osteria Morini New York is Chef Michael White’s casual Italian restaurant located downtown in SoHo. Morini pays homage to the authentic and rustic cuisine and ambience of the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. The menu, designed to be shared amongst family and friends, features cured Italian meats, fresh hand-crafted pastas, and a broad selection of grilled fish and meat.
Reviewed February 20, 2016

I had lunch here with a business associate. The crostini and spreads were very good. We both had salads that were fresh and tasty. I love the atmosphere here and would love to come back for dinner or drinks. The bar looks very nice.

Reviewed February 15, 2016

I will say that part of my overall opinion of this restaurant may have been tarnished by the fact that we were given a brunch menu when what I was craving was more along the lines of dinner. But this place got such great reviews and I don't think that it lived up to the hype. First of all, the one pasta dish that I was craving (which was part of the so-called brunch menu) was not available that day. How does a restaurant in NYC that caters to so many every day run out of something that is on its main menu? And that was not the only thing that they had run out of on the menu. So not being able to get what I really wanted and had come there for, I was convinced by the server to order the burger from the brunch menu and it was not all that, nope not at all. It was a bit bland in fact, and not very well seasoned. Otherwise the atmosphere of the restaurant is good, the service was very good, but the food did not live up to the hype of a Michael White establishment in my humble opinion, I have had better italian. And to boot, it was very expensive for what we had ordered

Reviewed February 11, 2016

I ate here with a colleague who had recommended the place. It is a small, unassuming restaurant in SoHo. We started off by sharing the 3 Crostini plate. All three were very delicious but Lamb Crudo was over the top! I would highly recommend ordering the Lamb Crudo. We also shared the Polpettine Antipasti and it was very good as well.

I got the Porchetta as my main and it was well prepared and melted in your mouth. Great flavors. We also shared the Cappelletti and it was honestly the best pasta that I have ever tasted!

I was also pleasantly surprised by the prices. This restaurant was rated #110 in NYC when I went to it so I expected it to expensive but that wasn't the case. Very good value considering the portions and quality of the food.

I would highly recommend having a reservation though. The place was packed so I think you would have a small chance of getting a table without a reservation.

1  Thank Bryman16
Reviewed February 2, 2016

We ate here while in New York and it was recommended by a friend. The food and service were wonderful. They didn't rush us through dinner, they were attentive to every need. Recommended food items to us, because one of us had dairy issues. Everything was superb!

Highly recommend - We order 4 different item menus and passed the dishes around and every plate was cooked perfectly.

2  Thank travelingpatti2012
Reviewed February 1, 2016

We really enjoyed an excellent dinner in this friendly restaurant. The food was divine and we must truly say this is probably one of the best italian restaurants in New York.
The service was very charming and professional. The restaurant has quite a casual approach which we really liked. Molto simpatico!