YOTEL New York
US$247
  • Room Service
Dream Midtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$209
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$135
  • Bar/Lounge
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
US$345
US$293
Official Site
  • Pool
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$134
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$219
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$117
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$279
US$257
Agoda.com
11,658 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkrooms are smallfourth flooryour luggageport authorityjavits centercool hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bedfew blocks
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed at the Yotel recently for 7 days.

It was only built in 2011 so as expected everything is clean & modern, a bit space age in fact. Not the usual style of New York hotels.

The location is in Hell's kitchen, about 10 minutes walk from all the hustle & bustle of Times Square. The closest subway station is part of the Port Authority bus terminal about 5 minutes walk away. It's nor right in the middle of everything, but still close enough.

Each floor on the hotel has a galley kitchen which you all share. It has a free coffee machine, a fridge, microwave & vending machine.
The rooms, or cabins as they call them are fairly small, but sufficient. Why would you go to NYC to stay in your room all day? They have an adjustable sofa bed, a good sized LCD television & a nice powerful shower (no bath)

We were on the 19th floor & you had nice views of Hell's kitchen & the Hudson river across to New Jersey.

It's advertised as 'bed & breakfast' The breakfast is just basically unlimited muffins, which are nice & coffee. You can order a full breakfast for a charge.

The Yotel also has a large roof terrace which I guess would be pleasant in the summer months.
We enjoyed our stay here & would definitely stay at this hotel again if & when we come back to NY.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy D
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I travel alot and this hotel is very nice and clean. I love the whole hightech vibe this hotel has. I had a corner queen on the 25th floor facing the hudson. There are only one of these rooms per floor. Check facebook on occasion for a discount. I saved 15% using a code I found on face book. The club on the 4th floor was packed all 6 nights I was there. The room I had was plenty large enough for 1 or 2 people. Bag storage isnt a big deal. You can leave it with the Yobot or put it in your room. The Bed isnt super hard its about like a futon on the floor. Once you get used to it you wont notice it unless you have back issues.
In my review I have some positives and some negitives. It all depend on what you are looking for.

Now the good
+++++ The Yotel is super claen and very high tech...
+++++ There is a galley on every floor with free coffee and a ice machine. It also has a fridge
To test the whole community fridge I left 2 cokes wih my name on them and they were
never moved. I saw plenty of people leaving left overs in there. This is super handy..
+++++ Everyone who works at the Yotel is super friendly.
+++++ The view from my room is the best I have ever had in NYC
+++++ There is a CVS out front...Handy for snacks
+++++ My room was next to the galley but I never heard anyone.Its not an issue.

And now the bad..
------ I wouldnt call it "Times Square" I mean you are a block away fom the Hudson.
Its in Mid Town West if anything.
------ Its about a 8min walk to the closest subway stop. Its like 4 blocks east.
------ The "Rain Shower" is called so because its like you are trying to shower in a rain shower,
------ The sink doesnt drain the water out of the sink. There isnt enough of a grade on the inside
of the sink to make the water flow to the drain. After you brush your teeth the water
hangs out in the sink. I felt obligated to coral the water and toothpaste into the drain.
If I had to pour out a drink I had to use the shower drain.
----- There is a Subway sandwich place and a Food emporium close. Out side of that food is
a block away. Papya dog and 99 cent pizza place.As far as a nice place you got to walk
a couple blocks..
------ The restraunt on site is expensive. For breakfast I had french toast and a coke and it
was $20..The dinner and lunch didnt aeal to me. I m a steak and burger kind of traveler.

If I can find a good deal I would love to stay here again. The negitives are far less than the positives. I am a sucker for gadgets and high tech. The Yotel is a must stay..

Room Tip: Try for a Corner queen the view is great. Dont take the subway to the Yotel if you have bags. Its a little bit of a walk.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RebelKnight
Gina M, Guest Relations Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Hi RebelKnight, Great snapshots!!! I see you met Hairy, an integral part of our welcoming Crew, and his counterpart Lesley (named cleverly by you as Mr. and Ms. Yotel). The facebook discount is a great tip for everyone reading!! You can also call us directly for best deals! Thank you so much for the information regarding your sink. This is not typical and I will be sharing with the appropriate department immediately! Thanks again RebelKnight! Hope to welcome you back soon!
-Gina, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is what I call a 'Hotel for designers' everything is very well done, the service is great, the rooms are amazing, a bit small -for some- but so comfortable... the bed is like a fluffy cloud!!! hahaha

If you stay here -or not- check out the Sunday Brunchs u will need a reservation but it's easy to get, it's pretty much an all u can eat for 2 hours brunch, the ambience is great music, such a great mix of people, and I'll say that it's not pretentious, everyone is just worried about having a good time there.

If your room budget is among this hotel's, you have to stay here and you'll prob be more than satisfied

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The Yotel was very clean, staff was helpful and friendly. The beds are a little hard, but got used to them after the first night... kinda like futons. Could have more counter space ... none in the bathroom .. but it is minimalist so it adds to that whole concept. Close to everything. We enjoyed our trip!

Room Tip: We had a corner room so it was bigger so had a bed you didn't have to push a button to have it become a bed - so that was nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Yotel Hotel offers close proximity to Times Square, the Theatre District, a major subway station, and a busline. The service was excellent and the property was very clean and well designed. Checking in and out couldn't have been easier. The staff actually walks up to you to offer assistance, rather than waiting for you to ask for help. The room was small, but provided what you needed in an efficient use of space. If you're in NYC, you're going to spend very little time in your room anyway! My Queen room was less than $200 a night, and that's difficult to find in such a great location in Manhattan. You could take the 42nd bus to 5th Avenue for shopping, dining, etc. Oh - and coffee, tea, and an assortment of muffins was included each morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends