12,140 results
All reviews mission control the galley free muffins times square new york fourth floor rooms are small your luggage port authority javits center modern hotel hell's kitchen hudson river queen bed few blocks loved this hotel coffee machine
Reviewed December 29, 2016

This Hotel is very small and limited in the service department. Rooms are small, lighting is dull. Shower has poor water pressure with periods lacking of hot water. You will wait a long time for an elevator, most times it has only 2 of the 5 working. Waitress Staff in bar is lacking, bartender good and it's better to get your drinks directly from the bar. The only upside is the bed is comfortable.

1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed December 29, 2016

The hotel was Very clean my housekeeping staff were exemplary and my room was clean and fresh.. The view was outstanding and the hotel was perfectly located on 42 ND Street and 10 th . The check in and check out were super easy and front house staff were attentive and polite. I will definitely stay here again!!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elvis G, Front Office Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2016

What a unique place! A robot stored our luggage and it has the feel of a space ship. There was a little funky smell in our room and when report the staff quickly upgraded us to a suite. Not what I was expecting but that is what I call service!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

Highly recommend Yotel, it is a brilliant place to stay! If you like modern, trendy and funky you will love Yotel

Great location with some lovely restaurants within walking distance, Times Square not far away either. Hotel has a lovely roof terrace on approx floor 4, it's not too high up but you get amazing views especially at night; although the terrace isn't too high the rooms are located much higher up, up to floor 28approx, we had amazing views from our room onto the Hudson River.

Room is perfectly designed, space well utilised to give you everything you need, nice bright room with a floor to ceiling window letting in plenty light, great shower, comfy bed, no complaints.

Coffee and muffin breakfast is a perfect start to the day!

Definitely recommend for a short break in NYC.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed December 28, 2016

First the positives: The room was clean, well lit and the bed was comfortable. Also, valet service was great and most of the staff was welcoming and very friendly. The hotel was in walking distance to the theater that we were going to.

Now for the rest: When we arrived I wasn't sure we were in the right place but fortunately there was a guy sitting at a desk who confirmed our location and helped up get parking.

The elevators were very dark (almost black) and the lighting was very dim. It felt like we were in a Jetson-ish set.

We had a queen premium room. The room was extremely tiny (170 sq ft). There were 2 very tiny drawers to put stuff in. 1 small desk built into the wall so the both of us couldn't sit anywhere but on the bed.

No real bathroom, instead the toilet sat behind some sliding glass doors (did not reach the ceiling). The shower was next to the toilet but there was no shower door; there was a small half glass wall. There was no soap in the shower, instead it had shampoo and conditioner that could not be removed. The soap was at the sink and also couldn't be removed. If you didn't bring soap with you, you would need to run over to the sink to put some of the liquid soap into your hand and then run back to the shower. There was white fabric on a rod that you would pull across the bathroom area for the illusion of privacy.

No closets. No mat to set your luggage on while you unpack or pull out your necessities (which meant the bed was gritty from the suitcase). The ironing board was about 40 inches long and maybe 5 or six inches high. I have no idea of where you might iron if the need arose. There was also no room service. You had to go down to the 4th floor to get a paper bucket to get ice on your floor. The 'view' my husband requested was a joke as the only view that we could see was the top of a nicely decorated building somewhere in the city.

When we went down for dinner, the menu at the restaurant was unacceptable. The menu was mainly mediterranean which I found to be hilarious (the hostess at the restaurant told us that it was reflective of the chef's homeland) because my husband has very restrictive eating habits. The hostess didn't find it to be humorous and suggested that we could get finger food in the bar or we could go out for burgers.

For some odd reason, you can check in at the kiosks upon entry but you then have to take the elevator up to the 4th floor (where you could also check in) and then walk over to take another elevator up to the rooms. I though this was odd but not necessarily a negative.

This trip was a gift from my husband and we generally have a pretty high standard for hotels. He found this hotel on a website that rated it pretty highly. Fortunately my husband had only booked one night; otherwise, I would have refused to stay at the hotel at all. I was very disappointed.

I would say that this hotel is better suited for persons on a limited budget. They market themselves as being for the business person but, because I also travel for business reasons, I would find the lack of suitable workspace to be a deterrent to staying at this hotel. I think they were going for a very trendy, modern feel but it didn't work for me.

Room tip: Chose a different hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2016

Hello rhonda5003!

Thank you for providing your feedback to us!. We are thrilled to hear that you received a great welcome as well as friendly customer service from our crew members and noticed the cleanliness of our cabins, but we are extremely sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. Due to our dedication to sustainability our Get Up/ Get Down signature washes are offered in a pump, rather than a bar soap with a wrapper. Hopefully you liked the scent! They’ve been created with specific ingredients for the time of day. “Get Up” is infused with Sage and Eucalyptus. We opted to offer ‘Food to Go’ as in our experiences, room service is rather expensive and the quality is tough to keep consistent.
While we understand that our design concept is not for everyone, we are very straightforward about the size of our cabins and include total square footage, photos, and descriptions on our website.
Hope you could afford us to give us another chance in the future.

Jose - Hotel Manager