“Very Responsive!”

Ranked #106 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Newark, Delaware
“Very Responsive!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I had called ahead and asked for an early check in, since I was traveling with my disabled husband. I was told no problem, but when we arrived (around 10:30 a.m.) the room wasn't ready. I was asked to come back between 2-3. When I pointed out that I had called ahead, the front desk clerk got on the phone to housekeeping and told them we needed an expedited room cleaning. Within a half hour, we were given the keys to our spotless room. Everything just got better from there. The staff were all friendly and helpful and made our stay easy. That's not easy traveling with someone in a wheelchair.

The only issue was that I had asked for a roll-in shower in the bathroom, and we had a regular tub. We managed, and this was the only thing to mar the stay.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked Times Square, but don't let that deter you. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,408)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Had a fantastic stay at this hotel. Great location for a theatre weekend, but since the hotel's door is (by actual count) 18 steps from the entrance to the subway--it's conveinent for anything in NYC. Room was spacious by NYC standards, bed was very comfortable, typical for a Hilton--but what we loved most about this hotel was the STAFF. Eager to please would be an understatement. They were wonderful! The hotel's restaurant and bar weren't spectacular, but the property's owners are smart in not going over-the-top on either of those. This is midtown Manhattan--you've got 18 billion fantastic restaurants, bars, and everything else right outside the front door. Who goes to a city to sit in their hotel's bar or restaurant? NOBODY, so offer the basics, done well--which this property does--and offer well-educated suggestions on where ELSE to go for food and drink. That's what i want of a good hotel concierge, and that's what I got! Just a superb experience this weekend. Again, my thanks to the terrific staff!!!

Room Tip: If flying into EWR--take the Newark AIrport bus service to the Port Authority terminal. It's 1...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill O
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This hotel is not a patch on the standards we have experienced at Hiltons in mainland Europe. Adequate at best, clean rooms, fantastic view. Unfortunately The standard of service afforded us by the room maid wasn't matched in the bar and restaurant. We stayed for 12 days so had time to judge, very warm white wine at 53 dollars a bottle sums the bar up. Breakfast was adequate but we ate all other meals in local restaurants. We thought the Times Square standard might the USA norm, thankfully the Washington Hilton dispelled that thought. What really got me was the Hilton Time Share Rep, right in front of the lift and she clearly couldn't remember faces. Lost count of the invites to spend an hour or so at the West 57th Street Development for free Hilton points! Marriott next time, ate there several times.

Room Tip: Use the Marriott.
Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alfe87
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize that your experience in our restaurant and bar were not up to your standards. Did you contact a Manager with your concerns while you stayed with us? I would like to follow up with that individual and address this matter. Our bar pricing is comparable to other properties in the Times Square area. I have also addressed your concerns with the Hilton Grand Vacations representative. We appreciate your feedback and we understand that you have many options to chose from when making your travel plans. With that in mind, we are planning renovations of our guest rooms schedule for the end of the year. There will be a couple of model rooms that should be completed at the end of May. As an experienced overseas traveler, we would welcome any feedback you could give us.
We deeply value your patronage and hope that you choose to stay with us again. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from Hilton.

Lynell Lovett
Adminstrative Operations Manager
lynell.lovett@hts-nyc.com
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This week i stayed twice in the Hilton Time Square. each time for 1 night. Two very different experiences.
The rooms are nice and modern and a bit larger than comparable 4 star hotel rooms. If you like Time Square, this is a great location.
I am terribly dissapointed though. As I was checking in around 11 pm, the front desk insisted that my HHONORS profile demanded an accessible room. It did not. He kept me there for 20 minutes, all the while typing something (his resume?). Eventually he informed me that i got: a free upgrade, a regular room far away from the elevator. I went up to my room and guess what: It was an accessible room, close to the elevator and certainly not an upgrade. I went down to ask for an email I could complain to and he gave me business card with an email address that does not exist ! Furhermore, The rate on my bill was higher than in my confirmation. On the positive side, the man in the front desk during checkout was polite and more prfessional.
I am not coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing uptown
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dimsumchef
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay as this helps us to improve the experience for all of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed staying in the Time Square area and liked the size of our rooms. I was very disappointed to hear about the problem you experienced at check in. I have reviewed both your positive and negative experience with our front desk staff and I want you to know that we are taking action to ensure this does not happen again. I would appreciate any additional information you may have regarding your rate. We deeply value your patronage and hope that you choose to stay with us again. I would like to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel so feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance regarding a future stay with us. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from Hilton.

Lynell Lovett
Administrative Operation Manager
lynell.lovett@hts-nyc.com
Reviewed 22 March 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Hotel Times Square for 4 nights, the location is perfect. Close enough to all amenities, subway, bars and restaurants. Staff are very friendly and the rooms are great size and very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Richard M
Newport News, VA
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I took my wife to NYC for a surprise Valentine's weekend and we had a nice stay at this property. I had booked using Hhonors points and we got exactly the type of room I had reserved. Room was clean and plenty functional for us, we were out and about most of the time. Bellmen were more than happy to hold our bags for us on our last day until we were ready to head for the airport.

As a Hhonors Gold member we got free buffet breakfast each day which was great! The buffet had quite a selection which should satisfy most people's desires. Normally the buffet is $26/person! Can't say I would have paid that, but gladly took it for free.

Location was good as well with two metro stops within one block of the hotel, lots of theaters within walking distance, and of course the lights of times square just a few steps away. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank waterlgged
Princeton, US
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The biggest advantage of this hotel is its location. By being at the center of the action in Times Square, it makes one overlook all the shortcomings of a hotel of the brand quality of Hilton. The lounge is small and the reception area can get very crowded during peak season times. There were a few confused tourists who did not know which way to go to take the elevators since the street level entrance does not take you to the hotel lobby but you have to take an elevator to go one flight up to reach there.

Room Tip: View of Times Square
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple