“CSI EXPERIENCE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT”

Discovery Times Square
Ranked #175 of 1,151 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Discovery Times Square (Discovery TS) where extraordinary exhibits and unforgettable experiences come to life in our exciting, vibrant space for entertainment, learning and adventure.New York has always been something of a stage - a showcase for debuts and second acts. And so it is fitting that in the vast space that once housed The New York Times printing presses, Discovery Times Square now offers headlines of a different, but equally compelling sort.From the icy waters of the Titanic's final resting place to genius mind of Da Vinci and the riches of King Tut, Discovery is proud to celebrate the world with the world class exhibits of the new Discovery Times Square.Discovery TS also features two exclusive retail experiences — The Discovery Store featuring the latest in games, dvds and other products from the #1 nonfiction company in the world, Discovery Channel, and The New York Times Store with a wide range of exclusive items perfect for the newspaper enthusiast or history buff.
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I went solo to the CSI Experience but ended up pairing with a couple of guys, which made it a lot of fun, especially when we had to review the crime scene that we were assigned to. Along the way we split up, but there are three different crime scenes, and a lot to learn from how each of them are investigated. Makes a girl who never was into science want to learn more....

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Staff was not friendly or helpful, the "Guide" that introduced us to the exhibit would not answer questions. Good to see some of the original scrolls and learn about there history.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The exhibit was well presented. Lots of artifacts and information to study. I was disappointed, when it got to the end where the Ten Commandments were displayed, there was the tiniest of notes explaining due to the fragile nature of the document, this was no longer the original but an exact copy. The original was only on display during the exhibit's opening weeks. DTS pulled similar on us with King Tut. Either way, the presentation of the documents, the available films, timelines, etc were very informative. We're glad we got to see this exhibit.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

They were on mine-- I've been fascinated by them since I was a kid. The exhibit is interesting and has more artifacts than scrolls-- they were interesting in their own right. I thought they were well displayed and had informative captions, although some of the videos were confusing and not well referenced.

I paid half price for my ticket via Groupon. I think I'd have felt cheated if I'd paid the entire $30 entrance fee.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I purchased the LivingSocial deal for $23 for each adult which included entrance, the audio guide and a basic souvenir book. We went to the exhibit on Saturday Feb 5 at around 1:45. We didn't have to wait on line for anything. We presented our vouchers at the "will call" box and were quickly given tickets. We enjoyed the exhibit, but one thing Discovery Times Square hasn't nailed yet (this was not our first DST exhibit) is the signage and layout of other artifacts.

The exhibit starts in a room with huge screens showing areas around the Dead Sea and opens into another room with artifacts. After that room, the scrolls are arranged in a circle with other display items, scenes and movies around the room. The signage around the artifacts is so tiny and very close to the next item on display, so it takes a while to be able to read everything.

Overall, we did enjoy the exhibit, but were disappointed to learn that the 10 Commandments scroll was removed from the exhibit and replaced with a copy. We liked having the free audioguide, but if you chose to purchase it, I'd say that 2 people can easily share 1. There isn't a whole lot of commentary in it.

1  Thank suven