“Buvette - je t'aime!”

Ranked #201 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We loved this gorgeous restaurant. We ventured out in the middle of a huge snow storm and had the loveliest dinner there. Gorgeous good (highly recommend the Lobster Pie and Duck Cassoulet), wine and delightful waitstaff. So good we returned the next day for lunch - again superb. 10 days in New York, so many memorable meals but this was definitely our favourite.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

When I am nostalgic for French food, I go to Buvette. Located on a charming street in the West Village, I feel coddled knowing that I will be eating very tasty food. Chef Jody Williams opened this restaurant in 2011 and has a sister restaurant in Paris and Tokyo is next. I have eaten here on several occasions. Recently, a friend and I came for a week day brunch. Laura ate the salade de poulet (chicken salad) with haricot vert and potatoes. She ate every bite exclaiming the flavor to be mouth watering. Her healthy green juice and lemonade were equally good. I ate the cr’q monsieur of ham and gruyère which was hearty but not heavy and perfect with a mimosa. We had viennoiseries for dessert and the waitress offered more on the house.

Over the years I have enjoyed the coq au vin, the Brussel sprouts, chocolate mousse and the tarte Tatin.

Service here is warm and friendly whether one sits at the bar or at a table.

When going to Paris is not possible, I go to Buvette knowing that I will have an appetizing French meal.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

This place has a unique take on French style. It's a good place for small tables, anything above four could be really hard to sit. Plates are small which is great as you can try many flavors on each meal. Have a late breakfast, stay for the lunch menu and have a taste of both. Truly a memorable experience.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed March 17, 2018

This place is great! I have been there a few times already and it is delicious. It looks beautiful. Once I had to wait for an hour to be seated, but the other times I went there I had no problem. I would not go on Sunday Morning if you can choose, because it is when they have more people.
The food is great, but it is a bit expensive.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

I do find though that there is a lot of waiter staff here for the space.

The atmosphere is very vibrant and a lot going on.

Small granite tables to give the French influence all in all clean in place to go.

I ordered smoked salmon