In December, I stayed at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park on a weekend trip with my daughter, her pal and their mom. The four of us planned to soak up as much New York at Christmas as possible in 48 hours. The location of this hotel is perfect for experiencing all New York City has to offer. We were so close to all the sites including 5th Avenue, Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park and more. I really can't imagine staying anywhere else now when I go to New York City.
Everyone there made us feel so welcomed. I felt like the doormen were swooping us in from the cold and the lobby was embracing us with a warm blanket. They also always helped us with navigating the city and what was our best way to travel to a location. All you have to do is taste the S'mores and Cocoa in the Star Lounge in the lobby to feel relaxed and at home. That is how I felt while I was there. It seemed like I had always stayed there and of course they knew my name (it was the Ritz wasn't it)! I felt so relaxed right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city. It refreshed us, so we were ready to go out and tackle more sightseeing, shopping and more!
Everyone there was at the top of their game. My packages from shopping never even had to go to the room. Ryan was amazing and had them shipped without a care for me. They showed up in perfect time for Christmas and were in much better shape than the ones I carried home myself. All the staff were amazing, whether they were at the door, in the lobby, a concierge or in the club lounge. I did not have a care in the world, because I knew that if I did they would handle it for me.
Also the rooms are amazing. We needed double beds, so we had to forgo the view, but the Club Lounge substituted for a view of all the decked out holiday horse and carriages going down the street. Our bathroom was almost like a Spa Suite! Also the bed was the most comfortable that I can remember anywhere and I travel a good bit!
I would love to make this an annual trip! Maybe next time for a Mother's Day Adventure or to experience Central Park in the spring or summer. The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park has to be the best place to experience New York. I can't imagine staying anywhere else! Also if you are going to Broadway or to see the Rockettes, this is your place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While constantly on the cutting edge, it is timeless tradition that makes New York City a favorite destination for so many. And whether it is taking afternoon tea in Star Lounge, or joining the noontime ritual of feeding the Central Park carriage horses across the street, guests of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park will find tradition stands elegantly proud on Central Park South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Carlton New York City
- Ritz New York City
- New York City Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Central Park
- Ritz Carlton Manhattan