“Great location, luxurious rooms”

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Ranked #36 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Warrensburg, MO
“Great location, luxurious rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I visited the Park Central Hotel, which is conveniently located across the street from Carnegie Hall and near Central Park. It is within walking distance to the theatre distance and many wonderful shops and restaurants. Hotel staff, especially Ellen, are very professional. The rooms are nicely sized. The bedding was luxurious and comfortable. I happened to watch a basketball game in the NCAA tournament. The flat screen tv was terrific. I have stayed here before and the experience was similar. I enjoyed the consistency, professionalism, and location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I can't say how much I just love this hotel. We stayed after returning from being abroad and it was so nice to come back to true service and luxury. Everything about the stay was fantastic and a big shout out to Under who was so lovely to both us and our children. I would definitely return...but not for those faint at heart once you get the bill...sometimes you just need to splurge!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,115 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Sometimes in NYC on business, this time I stayed as a tourist with my two young daughters who love NYC. We feel at home and very comfortable here and all the guests are well looked after and quickly known by name. A lady on the Concierge desk recommended Sarabeth's (just four doors....a 30 second wak away) where we had our worst ever breakfast experience not just in NYC but ever.....ending up with my Coeliac daughter being very ill. The management tell me they won't be recommending it without warning people with Gluten allergies and everyone against sitting in the rear rooms (so noisy you have to shout to talk). Room service at the hotel is first rate.

• Stayed April 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Great location and we had a beautiful suite overlooking Central Park. The rooms were very quiet except outside the bedroom we could hear a low rumble, which was surprising simce we were on the 19th floor. Our room wasn't ready till 5 pm, so we had to wait two hours after regular check in time. The hotel (concierge and spa) did not respond to emails. Food was very expensive and room service did not get our order correct except once, though they gave us our breakfast for free as a result. I've had more help getting a cab at a Hyatt as well. The hotel itself is very nice, but it was very unlike other Ritzes where I've stayed.

• Stayed April 2012
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

From the moment our car pulled up we were treated like royalty. It is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed and if you have kids traveling with you...they are treated the same! Cribs are wonderful & staff is loving! Our bed was comfortable & hotel was spotless! This should be the blueprint for anyone who says they are customer service oriented! Thank you Ritz

• Stayed March 2012
CHARLESTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great Room, Great Service all around a great place. Location was perfect. Would highly recommend for the business traveler or leisure.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the park!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Let me just preface this that I have stayed at several Ritz Carltons around the country. I have also stayed at several other luxury brand hotels. Will this hotel have the best room in all of NYC? no...... Will this hotel have the best service?...without a doubt yes! Every single person in this hotel goes out of their way to make your stay memorable. We stayed on the club level. We pretty much didnt pay for breakfast or lunch our entire stay because were full from the lounge. The free cocktails were nice too and you can pretty much ask for any drink you can think of. The room was ok...big for NYC standards. The bathroom was extremely nice for NYC standards. Seperate shower from tub, huge area for 2 people to be getting ready at the same time. They do have a complimentary car that will take you short distances, but you have to ask and it really depends on traffic/demand, etc. I cannot mention all the times where this hotel has anticpated my needs and then exceeded them. I have been to NYC before, but never have I enjoyed my stay so much. My new home is at the Ritz Central Park.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends