“A Welcome Escape from Midtown Madness”
Review of Qi Bangkok Eatery

Qi Bangkok Eatery
Ranked #1,549 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 31, 2016

My husband and I live in the city and wanted to find a new restaurant to try before seeing a show. I chose Qi since its decor is inviting, with a silver-and-white ambience that provides a welcome relief from the crowds and flashy ads outside.

Since we were running late and had a show to attend in an hour, the manager and staff made sure that our entrees were delivered quickly even though the restaurant was busy. (It was the night before New Year's in Times Square!) Our waitress had good recommendations for drinks, and my husband and I thought the entrees were delicious. He ordered the Pad Thai with chicken, and I ordered the Panang Curry with tofu. After a week of heavy meals during the holidays, we also appreciated that the meals were well portioned and made with healthy ingredients.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

Food was good, we ordered kee Mao noodles without any egg and meat and Thai spicy basil fried rice without egg and meat and it tasted nice. A good mid range restaurant with nice ambiance and quantity of food was also nice.

Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

We are staying at the Westin - went trip advisor to look for a tasteful meal at a reasonable price, we found it although the numbers were hard to find.
Like most people have Said the food was very quick and exceptionally tasteful, service was quick and kept topping up the water.
We were satisfied
The very strange thing was when we received the bill they added 18% tip
Satisfied the food was good , happy to

Gave my credit card and then they had another section left blank to fill in for a tip
Double Dip
Still liked the restaurant and loved the food

Reviewed December 22, 2016

Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL restaurant! We felt like we were in a movie set, and took photos of the gorgeous chandeliers. This would be a fabulous spot to meet a blind date and have a fabulous cocktail and appetizers. But, we weren't impressed with the food, which was just average. Chicken satay was bland, the ribeye entree was skimpy and uninspired, and I wasn't all that impressed with my crispy duck salad, in which the duck had been deep fried without breaking, and was more stringy and tough than crispy. The curried sea bass mousse appetizer was pretty much Thai gefilte fish--not much flavor. The prices were very reasonable, though, and the magical decor made up for a lot!

Reviewed December 16, 2016

We came here on a week night at 4:30 in the afternoon. It was deserted except one table. I normally would walk out but this was a very clean place and staff was excellent so we stayed and we were glad we did. Within a hour it was filling up fast.

The food was prepared fresh and was perfectly balanced with spices and flavor. It was authentic Thai or Pan Pacific Rim depending on what was ordered.

The soup was delicious and hit the spot on a cold day. The Pad Thai Shrimp was excellent but noodles were a little to sticky but flavors were wonderful and balanced. There were about 8 shrimp. The Fried Rice Beef was also excellent but could do with a little more beef.

This is an excellent place to eat before of after the theater as it is within a block of most major ones. Also the wait is short if you are eating that early for a 7pm show.