“Best Calzone Ever”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ordered one huge slice each (of white pizza and veggie pizza). As they were heating the slices in the oven, I noticed that the calzone was only $5, so I couldn't resist. It was an afterthought, but how could we pass it up?

Really? $5 calzone a block off Broadway in NYC? Yes!

It takes a few minutes for calzone to heat up, so we sat down and started eating our delicious pizza. It tasted amazing. And then the calzone came out of the oven... it looked irresistible, but we finished our pizza as we waited for it to cool.

No insult intended to my Italian mother, but this was the best calzone I have ever eaten! The blend of cheeses was perfectly balanced and the crust was exquisite! And the whole bill was $13.60. Unbelievable.

I rarely get to NYC, but I will return to Luigi's whenever I can. I highly recommend it!

2  Thank DrBerna

Reviewed June 29, 2017

So we just came out of the theater and were planning to enjoy an Italian dinner, yet the restaurant we marked in advance and fantasized about for 3 hours was closing :-) and all the other restaurants around (and there were many, many restaurants) didn't seem to offer an alternative for our hungry imagination. And then we saw Luigy's, a tiny joint, packed with people, young and old, dressed up and down, including 2 NYPD officers, who really know where the best pizza can be found.. so we came in, had a great pizza (or dinner on Broadway for $3.95) and then crossed the street for drinks at the Cuban La Guantalamera, You should too!

1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We popped to taste some traditional New York pizza and we weren't disappointed. The service was quick, the pizza was tasty and the bill was small. What more could you ask for!

1  Thank Vicky P
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Fast, friendly service! Excellent food! The pizza was not greasy and had a nice crisp crust. I highly recommend to anyone visiting NYC!

1  Thank K2847DEsaraw
Reviewed May 4, 2017

Great pizza by the slice, offerings vary. We also had a very good salad, great dressing. Limited seating.