“Approachable, Delicious Korean Fusion Fine Dining”
Review of Jungsik

Jungsik
Reserve with OpenTable
Jungsik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$50 - US$160
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson
Transit: Subway JUNGSIK is located on the corner of Hudson and Harrison From the local 1 train it is the Franklin Street Station. Walk one block west on Franklin street to Hudson street, and head south till you see Harrison st. The Chambers Street Station (1,2,3 or A, C trains) is a short four block walk away. (just head north on Hudson)
Description: JUNGSIK offers a modern and unique Korean cuisine by innovative Chef Yim whom the New York Times has christened "The Pioneer of Modern Korean." This landmark Seoul experience is now offered at his TriBeCa flagship (former Chanterelle space), where bold flavors and playful culinary offerings abound. Jungsik brings the innovations of French cuisine and new Spanish movements into the Korean realm while staying true to big and bold familiar flavors of Korea.
Reviewed November 21, 2016

I was so curious to try this restaurant -- Michelin two-starred Korean fine dining? And I don't mean that as an insult -- I'm Korean and love Korean food. But I generally think of plentiful comfort food in a plainly decorated mom and pop restaurant, not haute cuisine. The service was accommodating and helpful. We were there for my husband's birthday, and they presented us with personalized menus that wished him a happy birthday.

We started with an amuse bouche/banchan that included steak tartare, fried oyster, foie gras, and raw fish wrapped in thinly sliced Korean radish. This was unlike any banchan I'd ever had! Although this could have been served at any fine French restaurant, the Korean flavors and influence really came through, especially with the fish. Although recommended that we have 5 dishes each off the regular menu (we opted not to do the tasting menu), we only ordered 3 each, which filled us up. We had the sea urchin for two, bossam (pork belly with dwenjang rice), gom tang (wagyu and pine mushroom soup), crispy red snapper, black cod, and dessert. They also brought another dish for my husband's birthday. If you're afraid of spicy Korean flavors, nothing here was too spicy (or spicy at all), but the Korean flavors were evident in all the dishes. It was really the perfect combination of Korean and French. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Nanci_Dru

Reviewed October 23, 2016

My wife and I came here for dinner with some friends! This place had amazing food! Absolutely delicious! Highly recommend trying the octopus! This place is definitely up-market and worth saving up for! We went early in the evening so the place was not too busy. Service is impeccable!

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed October 12, 2016

This was one of the best meals we had in NYC. If you haven't had octopus, or even if you have, get the one here. Everybody's doing octopus now, but they're not doing it as good as these guys!

Reviewed September 30, 2016

Visited the restaurant alone at around 8:30 and was able to get a table. While the branding of the restaurant is Korean, the chef is trained in French cooking (according to my server), but of course incorporates Korean and other Asian flavors. A tasting menu and an a-la carte menu are on offer; I opted for the latter. The meal started with an amuse-bouche, which included a very interesting foie gras pudding with a gelée on top. I ordered the octopus (my favorite dish of the night), the tuna kim bap (a roll of tuna, rice and avocado in a crispy seaweed role) and the black cod. Everything was delicious and my server was a delight to chat with. I didn't order a dessert, but nevertheless they gave me three small sweets presented in what looks in a book that contains the treats - adorable. I wish I could have come here with friends rather than solo.

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

Came here to celebrate my anniversary. Very romantic setting. Everyone was very nice and polite in there. Waiter was very knowledgeable of what was being serve and great recommendation on the amount of food to order and selection of wine. I was surprise I walked out full, Considering it was a high end restaurant. Best squab I ever had. Would recommend u to order that. And would definitely recommend to eat there. One of the best restaurant experience I ever had.