Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Granderley_Gal
Johnston, Rhode Island

Let’s Call It “Cozy”

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 1, 2024
My husband and I just returned from two nights at this hotel. Never having stayed in the Financial District/World Trade Center area before, I read copious reviews, narrowing my search down to three or four possible hotels, and finally choosing the Hotel Indigo NYC Downtown.

As with any hotel, one is likely to experience some favorable aspects and others less so. On the positive side, we found our room to be very clean, modern, with an extremely comfortable bed. Since we never heard any noise from outside or inside the building, the rooms must be well soundproofed. There was a decent sized safe, a refrigerator, and a Keurig machine. Bathroom towels were high quality. There was a spacious shower. The large screen television functioned quite efficiently.

Whoever designed the room made great efforts to squeeze into the “cozy” space whatever might be needed, but we just could not get past the feeling of being cramped the entire time. Before we began trying to do some minimal unpacking, I had my husband move the ice bucket and steamer to the top shelf in the closet area—the only significant shelf, at a height that was out of my reach. That provided a bit of space for our clothing in packing cubes to sit on the floor of the closet. We were able to utilize the hangers, to fit a couple of garments in the narrow space provided.

Everything remaining—suitcase, tote bags, shoes, purchases—basically had to sit on the floor, just inside the entrance to the room. There was no desk or table, other than a tiny round pedestal table beside the one chair in the room. That chair and a small ottoman were wedged up against the window, in the only spot where they would fit. The back of the chair lined up with the wall of the television, which eliminated the possibility of sitting in that chair to view the screen. While there were ample electrical outlets, it was difficult to utilize them with the lack of counter space or tabletops. The only drawers, maybe large enough to accommodate a few pair of socks, were in the diminutive nightstands. There was one very narrow shelf above the bathroom sink. The bottle of liquid soap was secured under it. With almost no clearance between the top of the bottle and the bottom of the shelf, it was difficult to activate the pump.

Our room was on one of the lower floors of the 25 story hotel. Because we overlooked only internal walls of close buildings, the sunlight did not descend to our level. For two days, our view was gloomy, though the weather was mainly quite pleasant. Even with every light turned on in the room, it simply was not bright enough, except in the bathroom.

Besides the steep NYC taxes, there is an amenities fee of $30.00 per day. Most of the perks included with this charge were ones which we either could not avail ourselves of or for which we had no interest.

My initial instinct was to give this hotel a 3 out of 5 rating. However, the staff members at the front desk were exceptional. Everyone was knowledgeable, helpful, patient, and pleasant. To me, that counts for a great deal.
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • Vio.com
    C$159
6.5 km from Hotel Indigo Nyc Downtown - Wall Street, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in New York City
All reviews the financial district breakfast was delicious operations manager front desk rooftop bar check in process rooms are small we loved our stay steamers early check hotel is beautiful great stay coffee machine battery park checking in new york convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2024

Just returned home after an amazing trip to New York.
My first time stateside, and it was amazing.
This hotel is lovely, I found it clean, comfortable, and the staff were all really
Pleasant and friendly.
I ate in the hotel 3 times, twice for breakfast and once for dinner.
All the meals were really nice.
Location wise, it’s literally on the corner of Wall Street and literally a 2 minute walk to the nearest subway station.
So it’s absolutely great to get about from.
I took the air train at JFk to Howard beach and got the a train to Fulton street station.
Fulton Street Station is about 5 mins round the corner from the hotel.

The rooms are really modern, as is the hotel.
The rooms are slightly small, I didn’t find this a problem and really liked my room, though I was travelling solo, I think a couple would find it a bit more claustrophobic.
Really nice though, so don’t be put off.
I was upgraded on arrival to a king room, as the room I had booked wasn’t available.
Which was nice all the same.

Couple of minor issues during my stay, I was told before I arrived breakfast was included and I’d get given vouchers on arrival.
This didn’t happen, and I was told I wasn’t able to take breakfast unless I paid for it.
The rooftop bar is lovely, but the actual rooftop isn’t open and is only open in the summer and to private events. Massive shame as I was really looking forward to going up to the top.
The bar itself is in the 25th floor, equally really nice and some great cocktails, and they do have an outside balcony but it’s not the same rooftop experience you may have seen online.
I was also stopped in reception one day as the server upstairs had said I hadn’t paid for my bill in the bar one night.
I asked the receptionist to check as I handed my Credit card to the server to pay, so wasn’t sure how that happened.
Both the bar staff and reception were both really friendly, just felt they were maybe short staffed or something.
One day I returned to my room and the maid had left a can of soda in my room, not a massive issue, and I didn’t say anything about it as I wasn’t really bothered.
I questioned the breakfast charges on departure and the receptionist was really helpful and reduced the charges. He was very apologetic and very nice about it.

Fee wise: they add on resort fees which are about $30 a night, plus the NYC sales tax, which is payable on check out.
I was expecting this, as this is what a lot of hotels are doing in NYC, just fyi if you are staying here.
They take a credit card auth on arrival, which covers most of the fees anyway.

Overall a lovely stay, and the minor issues were very minor and not to be looked into too much.
All the staff were really polite and friendly, just think maybe communication needs to improve a little.
I would return to this hotel, and I would recommend the hotel to others.
It’s a clean, modern and comfortable hotel in downtown Manhattan, definitely worth a visit.

New York is incredible, and well worth a visit.
I 100% would recommend and will hopefully return again in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2024 via mobile

We stayed here for two days and found the staff to be so so helpful and our room to be cost, modern and really comfortable for our stay.

The rooftop bar was nice, but very expensive compared to others nearby.

The location is great for all of Manhattan really - everywhere is easily accessible by the Subway.

We had our car with us and parked in a local garage. Make sure you ask at reception for the garage that they work with and you can park at a discounted rate!!

Room tip: Ask at reception for the details of their associated parking garage!
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2024 via mobile

This is a great option in the financial district. My room was very comfortable. I loved the mechanized blackout curtain! Solid gym and very friendly staff. This isn’t really a luxury hotel, but it’s great value for the money. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: No complementary coffee in the lobby, so plan ahead if you have a morning meeting.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2024

We had a fantastic time at Hotel Indigo NYC Downtown - Wall Street on Water Street! The room was very clean with a modern decor. We had a king bed that was big enough for 2 adults. I toss/turn quite a bit and did not feel like someone was next to me.

The best part of our time at the hotel was the staff, Willy, Ramon, Ricardo and the rest of the staff at the the roof top bar. They gave us that "being in NYC" feeling of fun, spontaneity and connecting with people.

Hotel is 5 mins walk to the subway/metro and in the heart of Wall Street /South Street Seaport and 10mins walk to Brooklyn Bridge. This was a perfect location with access to major sites.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2024 via mobile

I had a fantastic stay at Hotel Indigo NYC Downtown - Wall Street on Water Street!

My check in with Merissa was a breeze and the rest of the staff were equally friendly and effective throughout my stay. I felt valued and recognised as a Platinum elite member.

The hotel was cute and cosy and I loved my room- the bed, bathroom and decor - was modern, clean and luxe.

I had a fantastic experience and I will definitely be staying here the next time I’m in NYC!

Date of stay: March 2024