Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
meanchat
New York City, New York

Choose a higher floor for privacy and restful sleep

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 13, 2023
We were happy with the location and the staff was pleasant; however, when we arrived at 3:45, our corner double room was not yet ready, so we were offered a king room. Upon entering the room, there was a foul, musty odor, so we told them we would wait for our original room to be ready. The new room was on the third floor and was spacious; however, there was no privacy as the room looked directly on to the street. What made the stay truly awful was the constant vibrations and rumbling from the subway running under the hotel. I was woken up constantly throughout the night and was unable to make a scheduled event the following day due to lack of sleep. There were no bottles of water in the room and when we called to ask for a shower cap (there are no amenities in the bathroom besides soap), I waited for 45 minutes for it to be delivered.
Date of stay: August 2023
Room Tip: Choose a high floor for privacy and to avoid the subway vibrations
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
IHG Service, Owner at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this review
Responded Sep 6, 2023
Hi Ahmet C,

We thank you for providing feedback and choosing to stay at our Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District. We appreciate you as a valued guest and for choosing IHG Hotels & Resorts as your travel partner.

The EVEN hotels brand offers guests a flexible and convenient place to be productive, and I'm sorry for the situation. I ensured that our hotel management team read your post as a reference for improvement.

Your business with IHG Hotels & Resorts is appreciated. I hope you consider staying with us again to redeem your confidence.

Renz A.
    C$147
    C$133
6.5 km from Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District
View more hotels in New York City
All reviews trinity church air conditioning control daily housekeeping whole foods few minutes walk corner room location is great around the corner fidi lines elevator desk subway block ny
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2023

Stayed 2 nights in early August. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and roomy. Our room had a safe, small refrigerator and a Keurig coffee maker. Breakfast and dinner are available, there is no bar at this time. The hotel is walkable to all downtown attractions, with the subway R line right at the doorstep and the 1 line a
block away making it easy to reach all NYC attractions. There's a Deli next store and Whole Foods within a block. It's quieter than midtown that's nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. I absolutely will be staying at this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2023

We had a relaxing stay at the Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District. It is a really good hotel option in the area.

It is conveniently located very close to cafes, restaurants, and at least two subway stations. It is a few minutes' walk from the World Trade Center.

Vanessa warmly welcomed us; and granted us late check-out. Wilson was helpful when we asked for information.

We were given a high floor, corner room. The room has good interior design; and is new or newly renovated. The layout is good and functional. The beddings are super comfortable.

One small opportunity area is the replenishment of the paper supply. The toilet paper was halfway used, and the facial tissue box had only several pieces left. They should have given new supplies.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Holly Binder, General Manager at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2023

Good Moring Bmmmm:

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel.
The team and I appreciate you sharing with our TripAdvisor community your excellent experience

Plese share with your friends and family and we look forward to your next stay at our Hotel Indigo, NYC Financial District.

Reviewed May 28, 2023

I stayed here for a night during my latest visit to the city. After a full day packed of events, it was nice to be able to get to the hotel very easily by subway. The location is great, just like many reviewers mentioned. The hotel is new, modern, and clean. Though I do want to point out that if you got a standard room, you won't have a desk area, so don't plan to work in the room if you book a standard room. The room is literally just big enough for you to go in and sleep. Some might not like how small it is but I value a good shower and a clean/comfy bed after a long day of work (not trying to work more after hours), so a standard room was exactly what I needed.

Ps. Quick feedback to the hotel management: just like what other reviewers mentioned, the thermostat is impossible to adjust to the desired temperature. Definitely something to look into...

Room tip: There's no desk in the standard room.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Holly Binder, General Manager at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2023

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you found our location convenient and easily accessible by subway. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed May 17, 2023 via mobile

Great new hotel . . Smaller rooms, but very livable with king beds. Whole Foods a block away and right next to Trinity Church. Stayed 6 nights, safe, comfortable, and one block to two metro lines.

Staff is polite, hotel is clean, and elevators are quick as their are less than 10 rooms per floor.

Trip type: Travelled with family
David Simmons, General Manager at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2023

Dear Willy5169, thanks so much for the Trip Advisor review! My team and I certainly do appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed May 10, 2023

On the surface, everything looks new and shiny, unfotunately, they miss lots of attention to detail.

Check in was fine, but upon getting to my room, I switched on the TV and it wanted some sort of registration. I called the front desk who sent up a technician. He had to spend +/- 15 mins 'programming' the TV with a USB Flash drive. Had my TV(Room) never been used before ?

The bed/linens/pillows were very good. Unfortunately, I wasn't to know that my sleep would be disturbed throughout the WHOLE NIGHT by drilling and maintenance work on the street outside. When I called the front desk at around 11pm, their attitude was ... yes, we hear it, nothing to do with us, we don't know when/if it will stop .....

I called 311 to report it, but that didn't result in it stopping.

The AC was weird, even though I set it to 72, it was cooling to 69 ! with the only option to switch it off.

The showerhead holder was already faulty, meaning it had to be held when showering. And no matter what I did with the shower door, the bathroom floor was flooded.

Rooms are small, but adequate.

When checking out the represenative didn't ask me how my stay was ? perhaps because she knew the answer 99% would give her (Sleep disturned from noise).

Not the sort of experience that would encourage this Platinum Elite to return to this location.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank BritBoyInGA
IHG Service, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2023

Hi BritBoyInGA,

We appreciate you choosing our Hotel Indigo hotel brand for your visit to New York and sharing your feedback. I am glad to have been a host to one of our valued IHG® One Rewards Platinum Elite members. I trust that all is well.

Our properties feature unique designs at every turn without compromising guest comfort. I'm sorry to learn about the issues encountered during your stay. I have shared your comments with our hotel management team. I am sure they will take the necessary steps to address your concern and use this as a reference for improvement.

I hope to welcome you again when your travels bring you back to the city.

Safe travels,