Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
TLP42217

Enjoyable Visit

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 16, 2023via mobile
I've been to NYC twice before, but this was my first visit to Hotel Indigo | Financial District.

I stayed for 2 nights (a Saturday & Sunday) in 1 King Bed Standard room using 84k points. As a Platinum Elite member, I contacted the property prior to arrival & requested early check-in & a high floor room with a view of Trinity Church. I was assigned room #3006.

CHECK-IN: I arrived at approximately 12:30 PM & was told my room was not yet ready, but since the room had not been used the night prior, it should only be an hour or two. Unfortunately, it was not ready until 4:15 PM.

• Amenities: Coffee maker, hair dryer, one luggage rack, mini fridge (stayed very cold!) & hangers. No microwave.
• Bath: Plenty of hot water & medium pressure.
• Bed: Very comfortable bed & pillows
• Cleanliness: Standard. Housecleaning knocked on my door at 5:30 PM on Sunday, at which point I was resting before dinner, so they did not make up my room.
• Decor: Standard
• Heating/cooling: It was a humid weekend in NYC, so the room was very, very muggy. I tried to set the thermostat to a consistent 70° but every few hours (17:00, 19:00, 22:00 & 6:00) the thermostat would revert to 72°. I could manually override one hold, but it would revert back to the next hold after a few hours.
• Sound: Very quiet. I did not hear other guests or traffic.
• TV: Large TV, clear picture & a decent number of channels. I liked the streaming capabilities.
• View: Incredible view of Trinity Church!
• WiFi: Worked well
• Other:
- The room size is substantially smaller than the average hotel in the US.
- Lighting: This was the biggest issue in the room. You can not use any lights, including the bedside, tabletop lamps or bathroom, unless the main switch is on, which lit up the entire room. This was quite frustrating while trying to relax in the evening.
- Security: I did not like that the elevators did not require key card access. Anyone can walk in.

DRINKS/FOOD: No complimentary breakfast provided, nor did I eat at the restaurant on-site. FYI: The ice machine can be found on floor 2.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Polite & professional. Although, I sense the hotel is understaffed.

LOCATION/PARKING:
• Location: Excellent, close to public transportation & restaurants. I highly recommend pizza from Siena (only a 1 minute walk away!).
• Parking: Not needed

Would I recommend/stay again? Yes
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded Oct 3, 2023
Dear TPL

Thank you for informing us about your experiences during your stay.
My sincere apologies that you had some challenges with our AC system, and we have taken that information and made repairs so the issue will not occur in the future.

Your comments on our room cleanliness, view of the area is very much appreciated.

We look forward to your next visit.

David Simmons
    C$155
  • Vio.com
6.5 km from Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District
View more hotels in New York City
All reviews trinity church air conditioning control daily housekeeping whole foods few minutes walk corner room location is great around the corner fidi lines elevator desk subway block ny
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2023

The location for this Hotel Indigo is great. Our kids live in Brooklyn and there is a subway station just outside of the hotel and another a block away. Mostly quiet since it was Labor Day weekend and most businesses closed.

The rooms are small but hey, it's NYC. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom, clean. Service folks are friendly. There is a small restaurant in the hotel but no alcoholic beverages.

Walked to Chinatown and had a great feel at Uncle Lou's.

Only complaint is they did not have complimentary water (they were awaiting a shipment). At check-in they let us take Smart water from the store but did not offer that the next time. We're Platinum Elite members.

Good stay.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeterFNYNC
David Simmons, Owner at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2023

Hello Peter, and thank you for the excellent review of our hotel.
My apologies that the team did not offer water the second time. Although it is our brand standard to offer water at check in, we should have offer you water at your request.

Your loyalty to our brand is very much appreciated.

David Simmons

Reviewed August 13, 2023

We were happy with the location and the staff was pleasant; however, when we arrived at 3:45, our corner double room was not yet ready, so we were offered a king room. Upon entering the room, there was a foul, musty odor, so we told them we would wait for our original room to be ready. The new room was on the third floor and was spacious; however, there was no privacy as the room looked directly on to the street. What made the stay truly awful was the constant vibrations and rumbling from the subway running under the hotel. I was woken up constantly throughout the night and was unable to make a scheduled event the following day due to lack of sleep. There were no bottles of water in the room and when we called to ask for a shower cap (there are no amenities in the bathroom besides soap), I waited for 45 minutes for it to be delivered.

Room tip: Choose a high floor for privacy and to avoid the subway vibrations
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ahmet C
IHG Service, Owner at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2023

Hi Ahmet C,

We thank you for providing feedback and choosing to stay at our Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District. We appreciate you as a valued guest and for choosing IHG Hotels & Resorts as your travel partner.

The EVEN hotels brand offers guests a flexible and convenient place to be productive, and I'm sorry for the situation. I ensured that our hotel management team read your post as a reference for improvement.

Your business with IHG Hotels & Resorts is appreciated. I hope you consider staying with us again to redeem your confidence.

Renz A.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed August 6, 2023

Stayed 2 nights in early August. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and roomy. Our room had a safe, small refrigerator and a Keurig coffee maker. Breakfast and dinner are available, there is no bar at this time. The hotel is walkable to all downtown attractions, with the subway R line right at the doorstep and the 1 line a
block away making it easy to reach all NYC attractions. There's a Deli next store and Whole Foods within a block. It's quieter than midtown that's nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. I absolutely will be staying at this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2023

We had a relaxing stay at the Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District. It is a really good hotel option in the area.

It is conveniently located very close to cafes, restaurants, and at least two subway stations. It is a few minutes' walk from the World Trade Center.

Vanessa warmly welcomed us; and granted us late check-out. Wilson was helpful when we asked for information.

We were given a high floor, corner room. The room has good interior design; and is new or newly renovated. The layout is good and functional. The beddings are super comfortable.

One small opportunity area is the replenishment of the paper supply. The toilet paper was halfway used, and the facial tissue box had only several pieces left. They should have given new supplies.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Holly Binder, General Manager at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2023

Good Moring Bmmmm:

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel.
The team and I appreciate you sharing with our TripAdvisor community your excellent experience

Plese share with your friends and family and we look forward to your next stay at our Hotel Indigo, NYC Financial District.

Reviewed May 28, 2023

I stayed here for a night during my latest visit to the city. After a full day packed of events, it was nice to be able to get to the hotel very easily by subway. The location is great, just like many reviewers mentioned. The hotel is new, modern, and clean. Though I do want to point out that if you got a standard room, you won't have a desk area, so don't plan to work in the room if you book a standard room. The room is literally just big enough for you to go in and sleep. Some might not like how small it is but I value a good shower and a clean/comfy bed after a long day of work (not trying to work more after hours), so a standard room was exactly what I needed.

Ps. Quick feedback to the hotel management: just like what other reviewers mentioned, the thermostat is impossible to adjust to the desired temperature. Definitely something to look into...

Room tip: There's no desk in the standard room.
Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Holly Binder, General Manager at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2023

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you found our location convenient and easily accessible by subway. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again!