Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
drjeff
Boston, Massachusetts

Lower Manhattan hotel tucked away

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 23, 2023via mobile
Last minute get away for us to New York to see our grand daughter. They all live near by.
We had not stayed in Manhattan since Covid. Though we knew hotels had gone out of sight we surprised how difficult it was to get a last minute deal.
This hotel was the most “ reasonable “.
It is in a good location in lower Manhattan.
It is new and clean. Rooms are Paris sized with good showers.
Small boutique type of hotel.
Few services except a gym and small restaurant.
It’s fine if you only want to sleep here . Beds are comfortable with nice duvet covers .
We only spent 1 night so it was fine for us.
No garage.
We came on a weekend so there was on street parking not available during the week.
Not sure it’s worth rack rate .
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded Oct 3, 2023
Dear drkeff:

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel.
Your comments are being shared with our team, and I can assure you they will be as pleased as I am reading your review.

Please share your excellent experiences of our hotel with your Family and Friends.

C$314
2.5 km from Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District
  • Motto
4.4 km from Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District
Restaurant
Arlo SoHo Lobby and public space.
C$300
    C$325
6.9 km from Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District
Room service
View more hotels in New York City
All reviews trinity church air conditioning control daily housekeeping whole foods few minutes walk corner room location is great around the corner fidi lines elevator desk subway block ny
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2023

MYSELF AND MY WIFE STAYED AT THE HOTEL INDIGO ON TRINITY PLACE NYC, FROM SEPTEMBER 10 TILL SEPTEMBER 16TH. WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING HOTEL BEAUTIFUL ROOMS,AND THE BREAKFAST AT THE HALFMOON RESTAURANT WAS EASILY THE BEST BREAKFAST I'VE EVER HAD. ALL OF THE STAFF COULDN'T BE ANY BETTER, FROM ARIENNA AT THE FRONT DESK TO MARK AND ALL THE STAFF AT THE HALFMOON RESTAURANT TO PAOLO DIRECTOR OF HOUSEKEEPING AND THAT'S JUST TOO NAME BUT A FEW, I'LL CERTAINLY BE RETURNING SOON,SO ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL AT THE HOTEL INDIGO ON TRINITY PLACE NYC,FOR MAKING OUR STAY ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC,
SINCERELY
THOMAS O'CONNOR

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas O
David Simmons, Owner at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2023

Dear H4607
On behalf of our entire team, thank you for sharing your excellent review of our hotel with us and the Trip Advisor Community.
Mark, Arienna and Paolo were so excited when we shared your review with them.

Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed September 16, 2023 via mobile

I've been to NYC twice before, but this was my first visit to Hotel Indigo | Financial District.

I stayed for 2 nights (a Saturday & Sunday) in 1 King Bed Standard room using 84k points. As a Platinum Elite member, I contacted the property prior to arrival & requested early check-in & a high floor room with a view of Trinity Church. I was assigned room #3006.

CHECK-IN: I arrived at approximately 12:30 PM & was told my room was not yet ready, but since the room had not been used the night prior, it should only be an hour or two. Unfortunately, it was not ready until 4:15 PM.

• Amenities: Coffee maker, hair dryer, one luggage rack, mini fridge (stayed very cold!) & hangers. No microwave.
• Bath: Plenty of hot water & medium pressure.
• Bed: Very comfortable bed & pillows
• Cleanliness: Standard. Housecleaning knocked on my door at 5:30 PM on Sunday, at which point I was resting before dinner, so they did not make up my room.
• Decor: Standard
• Heating/cooling: It was a humid weekend in NYC, so the room was very, very muggy. I tried to set the thermostat to a consistent 70° but every few hours (17:00, 19:00, 22:00 & 6:00) the thermostat would revert to 72°. I could manually override one hold, but it would revert back to the next hold after a few hours.
• Sound: Very quiet. I did not hear other guests or traffic.
• TV: Large TV, clear picture & a decent number of channels. I liked the streaming capabilities.
• View: Incredible view of Trinity Church!
• WiFi: Worked well
• Other:
- The room size is substantially smaller than the average hotel in the US.
- Lighting: This was the biggest issue in the room. You can not use any lights, including the bedside, tabletop lamps or bathroom, unless the main switch is on, which lit up the entire room. This was quite frustrating while trying to relax in the evening.
- Security: I did not like that the elevators did not require key card access. Anyone can walk in.

DRINKS/FOOD: No complimentary breakfast provided, nor did I eat at the restaurant on-site. FYI: The ice machine can be found on floor 2.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Polite & professional. Although, I sense the hotel is understaffed.

LOCATION/PARKING:
• Location: Excellent, close to public transportation & restaurants. I highly recommend pizza from Siena (only a 1 minute walk away!).
• Parking: Not needed

Would I recommend/stay again? Yes

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TLP42217

Dear TPL

Thank you for informing us about your experiences during your stay.
My sincere apologies that you had some challenges with our AC system, and we have taken that information and made repairs so the issue will not occur in the future.

Your comments on our room cleanliness, view of the area is very much appreciated.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2023

The location for this Hotel Indigo is great. Our kids live in Brooklyn and there is a subway station just outside of the hotel and another a block away. Mostly quiet since it was Labor Day weekend and most businesses closed.

The rooms are small but hey, it's NYC. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom, clean. Service folks are friendly. There is a small restaurant in the hotel but no alcoholic beverages.

Walked to Chinatown and had a great feel at Uncle Lou's.

Only complaint is they did not have complimentary water (they were awaiting a shipment). At check-in they let us take Smart water from the store but did not offer that the next time. We're Platinum Elite members.

Good stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeterFNYNC

Hello Peter, and thank you for the excellent review of our hotel.
My apologies that the team did not offer water the second time. Although it is our brand standard to offer water at check in, we should have offer you water at your request.

Your loyalty to our brand is very much appreciated.

Reviewed August 13, 2023

We were happy with the location and the staff was pleasant; however, when we arrived at 3:45, our corner double room was not yet ready, so we were offered a king room. Upon entering the room, there was a foul, musty odor, so we told them we would wait for our original room to be ready. The new room was on the third floor and was spacious; however, there was no privacy as the room looked directly on to the street. What made the stay truly awful was the constant vibrations and rumbling from the subway running under the hotel. I was woken up constantly throughout the night and was unable to make a scheduled event the following day due to lack of sleep. There were no bottles of water in the room and when we called to ask for a shower cap (there are no amenities in the bathroom besides soap), I waited for 45 minutes for it to be delivered.

Room tip: Choose a high floor for privacy and to avoid the subway vibrations
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ahmet C
IHG Service, Owner at Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2023

Hi Ahmet C,

We thank you for providing feedback and choosing to stay at our Hotel Indigo NYC Financial District. We appreciate you as a valued guest and for choosing IHG Hotels & Resorts as your travel partner.

The EVEN hotels brand offers guests a flexible and convenient place to be productive, and I'm sorry for the situation. I ensured that our hotel management team read your post as a reference for improvement.

Your business with IHG Hotels & Resorts is appreciated. I hope you consider staying with us again to redeem your confidence.

Renz A.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed August 6, 2023

Stayed 2 nights in early August. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and roomy. Our room had a safe, small refrigerator and a Keurig coffee maker. Breakfast and dinner are available, there is no bar at this time. The hotel is walkable to all downtown attractions, with the subway R line right at the doorstep and the 1 line a
block away making it easy to reach all NYC attractions. There's a Deli next store and Whole Foods within a block. It's quieter than midtown that's nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. I absolutely will be staying at this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2023