“Couldn't be more pleased”

The Premier Times Square by Millennium
Ranked #167 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Near spur-of-the-moment Saturday night visit. Got a very nice Priceline Bid deal (though, regular prices aren't too crazy). Location could not be more convenient for seeing a couple Broadway shows. Room was nice size - well appointed (didn't need a fridge) View of the New Year's eve thingee from Room 625 was fine (though not necessarily "breathtaking"). Only minor irritation - having to call Room Service for Ice - I'd rather get it myself - Seems crazy to tip for ice - That said, the service was almost instantaneous and the nice gentleman got a few extra coffee pods at the same time.

Room Tip: Rm 625 was street side - No significant noise issues (It IS NYC)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimGunther
niekmestdagh, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear JimGunther,

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I stay in NYC often for work. In order to attend a business meeting in Times Square I was looking for a hotel within 3 blocks of the location. The Premier had convenient, reliable, careful, polite valet parking. The hotel staff was amazing and treated me as though I had been there 100 times before. The room was absolutely immaculate, clean, full functioning, and extremely large compared to closet size standard NYC rooms. I had a couch, lounge area, desk, shower and tub, and separate coffee area. It was unreal. Happy hour and breakfast were both great. They stored my luggage during my meeting the next day at no additional charge. Many delicious dining options available. There were a good mix of polite clientele ranging between leisure & business. I was able to call and have my car waiting for me upon departure. I will stay there often.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank NEJaxxTravels

Dear NEJaxxTravels,
thank you so much for the great review. We are really pleased to read your experience. The Premier is indeed a hidden gem just a few steps away from Times Square. looking forward to welcome you soon again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed this very roomy king room, with a partial view of time square! We booked directly through the hotel for better rates and perks (free breakfast and happy hour)! Staff was friendly and helpful! We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you so much for the great review. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stayed at this hotel on a recent work trip. It was within walking distance of work so that's why I chose it. Price was fine, room was nicely appointed, and the business lounge was great for breakfast and cocktails in the evening. Staff was excellent and very helpful. If you want to stay in the heart of Times Square and not kill your budget, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
niekmestdagh, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Tim,
thank you for your review. We are glad to read that all worked and well and we are looking forward to see you soon again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My colleague and I flew from South Africa, via Dubai and spent a week in New York during mid-July on a television assignment. We were booked into a neighbouring hotel and promptly checked out into this absolute find!
I had a room on the 6th floor with a good enough view of the Times Square Ball. Cannot for the life of me remember the room number but if you come out of the lift, you head towards your right ... last room on the right.

Comments:
1. Modern though compact rooms. I honestly didn't mind the size. I like modern. I am not happy in a tired room even if it is large - makes me sad and I want to go back home.
2. Great mattress. It took us at least 3 days to adjust to a new time-zone but I can attest to the fact that after I had said goodbye to the jet-lag, I had the best sleep ever.
3. Ample size full bathroom - although shower was surprisingly small, even for me at 1.5 meters tall and slight in built - so be prepared for a bit of a squeeze but water always hot.
4. No street noise whatsoever.
5. Housekeeping was extremely responsive and appeared in minutes with my requested extra duvet and kettle.
6. Reception also really friendly and extremely helpful.
7. The lifts are super-fast. This is not something to be under-rated. In the previous hotel we stayed in, we had to wait at least 15 minutes for the lift to arrive. At this hotel, I don't think I waited more than 60 seconds.
8. The location .... what more can you want ....you can see Times Square from your room, less than a block away (ask for a room with a good view in advance). Close to all the attractions.
9. Ample cupboard space ..... with plenty hanging space.
10. THE BEST PART OF THIS HOTEL? The Business Lounge and their staff. Make sure you request that you have access to this super, fantastic benefit. You have access to a computer, printer (for free). You can also chose to have your breakfast here (for free) comprising mostly pastries, muesli, yoghurt, boiled eggs etc. Then 5:30pm to 7:30pm they have a free bar with wines and snacks which on a few nights included salmon. All for free. You also have access to the lounge for tea/coffee and quiet place to work. Beautifully decorated and nice lighting at night. Aircon can be a bit strong. However, make sure that when you book, you do have access to the lounge.

Don't confuse this hotel with the Millennium which is right next door which is a much bigger, older hotel. This is the Premier Millennium on Times Square. Smaller and fewer rooms on each floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up, facing the Times Square Ball.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Devi_HQ
niekmestdagh, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Devi HQ,
thank you very much for the detailed review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Our travel agent prepaid our 7 night stay via Expedia. A few days after check out I realised my credit card was charged. We had a group of 30 stay at this hotel, all PREPAID and 90% of our group were charged for their accommodation upon checkout. No receipts were given as printer 'wasn't working'. 11 days later and still trying to get the accommodation charges refunded to our credit cards. No one cares at the hotel. On Thursday 27th July, I had organised a bus charter to collect our group and as a courtesy I told the man behind the desk at 6.45am that 39 passenger charter bus would be out the front of the hotel at 7.45am to collect our group. He told me he was finishing his shift in 7 minutes so wouldn't be around. I said "have you got a log book so you could write it up for the next shift. "No we don't have a log book". I said "Could you write it on a piece of paper please for the next shift". He said "It will just get thrown away because they will think it's scrap paper". I just walked away ... his attitude told me everything about the culture of that hotel. Will never stay there again and will never recommend this hotel. So disappointing.

Stayed: July 2017

Dear 65Lumpy,
thank you for your review. I must say that is very disappointing to read this feedback and quite shocking. This will be seriously investigated so none of the above would repeat itself again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The rooms are big and comfortable. The house keepers are annoying, they kept leaving us with only one towel or no soap. The "Queen" bed in europe is 160cm. in NYC its more of a 140 cm. So we were disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shira M
niekmestdagh, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Shira,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments regarding the service in the room will be addressed.