“The only things 'Premier' here are the price and the location”

The Premier Times Square by Millennium
Ranked #189 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I spent 5 days in NYC in The Premier on our one year anniversary/honeymoon (we'd had to postpone the honeymoon). Our intention had been to get somewhat close to Times Square and be somewhat pampered, instead we were centrally located and generally disappointed.

The Premier is a lamprey add-on to another hotel (The Millennium), skinny and tall (only 7'ish rooms a floor). They offer a location that's only half a block away from the center of Times Square and above a certain floor you do have a view of the big apple...though most of the view is of the street and accompanying buildings. The room was relatively small (250 sq ft) with a king bed and a bathroom which had a tub.

However, the hotel is just worn down or not kept up well. The wiring of the room is odd, with all lights but the bathroom (and most of the power in the outlets) controlled by a single switch. The room we stayed in had severe signs of misuse and abuse that hadn't been addressed: cigar hole in the carpet, tub drain didn't work (rendering the tub useless), mildew on the counter, crayon on the walls, stripped appliance locations, every single light fixture was crooked or jutting out from the wall, and obviously unprofessionally repaired sink fixtures, non-existent bathroom vent fans, etc. Even the towels, robes, and toiletry items provided were sad/worn or frayed.

Services were provided by a nearby hotel and not this hotel itself, and such simple things such as appliances were add-ons (want a fridge...$40, want ice? call housekeeping). We didn't avail ourselves of the breakfast.

All in all, I was very disappointed in the experience, the staff, and the facilities. However, it *was* close to Times Square, and the bed was ok...but I don't recommend you stay here if you value quality.

Room Tip: Go higher for good views, but recommend the Marriott Marquis for a better stay at a comparable price
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Perfect location for a weekend pleasure trip to NYC. Close to all the action of Time Square but not caught in the bustle and noise. Room was clean, fresh, modern with a large bath by NY standards--had a shower and tub. Staff at the registration desk was friendly and helpful. Great experience. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JPMWROX
niekmestdagh, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear JPMWROX,
thank you for your review and we are happy to read that all worked well. Looking forward to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately my stay was ruined slightly as when I returned back to the UK I found that I had been charged again for the room. Wasn't a small amount of money either and mistakes like these could possibly put someone in finanicial difficulty.
Before this error, we had a great stay. Location is excellent, not noisy like thought it was going to be. Room was a great size, we had a good view of time square. Hotel was really clean and all the staff very friendly. Breakfast had a good selection of pastries, fruit and cereals. The evening nibbles, cheeses and wine (all free) was a nice touch. Also, the staff were excellent every night we attended. I would stay again but I would be reluctant to hand over my credit card incase the same thing happened. Shame I couldn't give it 5 stars, as we did both enjoy our stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
niekmestdagh, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Ryan c,

Thank you very much for your review and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered with the billing. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Loved, loved, loved our stay at the Premier NY Times Square! Just echoing the other reviews - Monique Madison is the absolute greatest - she greeted my husband and I immediately upon our arrival and made sure that our check in went as smoothly as possible. She was a friendly and helpful presence in the hotel lobby throughout our stay: in the morning when we left the hotel to explore the city and in the late afternoon when we returned to collapse after a fun filled day!

Our room was beautifully modern - extremely clean, quiet and with a super comfortable bed. The location also cannot be beat - right smack dab in the heart of everything - Times Square, Broadway, restaurants, shops, subway station nearby for quick transportation for our stops in Soho, Brooklyn, etc. We were sorry to have to leave and we would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill F
niekmestdagh, Manager at The Premier Times Square by Millennium, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Jill F,
thank you so much for the lovely review. We are blessed to have Monique being part of our team and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

My mom and I were welcomed at the desk by the wonderful Monique once again! She always makes us feel so special. Monique is friendly, kind, and genuinely cares about guest satisfaction. She represents what the Premier side is all about, and why we will continue to stay there every time we visit from California! Thank you, Monique!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer L

Dear Jennifer,
thank you for the nice review and we are so happy that Monique was able to make you comfortable. We are looking for ward to see you soon again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Near spur-of-the-moment Saturday night visit. Got a very nice Priceline Bid deal (though, regular prices aren't too crazy). Location could not be more convenient for seeing a couple Broadway shows. Room was nice size - well appointed (didn't need a fridge) View of the New Year's eve thingee from Room 625 was fine (though not necessarily "breathtaking"). Only minor irritation - having to call Room Service for Ice - I'd rather get it myself - Seems crazy to tip for ice - That said, the service was almost instantaneous and the nice gentleman got a few extra coffee pods at the same time.

Room Tip: Rm 625 was street side - No significant noise issues (It IS NYC)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimGunther

Dear JimGunther,

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I stay in NYC often for work. In order to attend a business meeting in Times Square I was looking for a hotel within 3 blocks of the location. The Premier had convenient, reliable, careful, polite valet parking. The hotel staff was amazing and treated me as though I had been there 100 times before. The room was absolutely immaculate, clean, full functioning, and extremely large compared to closet size standard NYC rooms. I had a couch, lounge area, desk, shower and tub, and separate coffee area. It was unreal. Happy hour and breakfast were both great. They stored my luggage during my meeting the next day at no additional charge. Many delicious dining options available. There were a good mix of polite clientele ranging between leisure & business. I was able to call and have my car waiting for me upon departure. I will stay there often.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank NEJaxxTravels

Dear NEJaxxTravels,
thank you so much for the great review. We are really pleased to read your experience. The Premier is indeed a hidden gem just a few steps away from Times Square. looking forward to welcome you soon again.