The hotel is in a great neighborhood. Some good restaurants, shopping, easy to access the rest of the city via subways.
The room had two queen-sized beds, good free internet access, and was reasonably well equipped. The shower was fine as well. Nothing fancy, but all nice and clean. The elevator at busy hours was slow. The free breakfast was pretty good. Again, not fancy, but good omelette-like breakfast the first day and so-so scrambled eggs and bacon day 2. Cut up fresh fruit, bagels, etc. and coffee. The breakfast room and general ambience was nice. I personally love not having to pay extra for every little thing (breakfast, coffee, internet, ...). Also, they had hot cider and cookies out in the afternoons when we returned.
We didn't really ask for much from staff, but when I stayed on after breakfast to work on my computer, they cheerfully worked around me. When my daughter realized an hour after we had checked out (we were sill in the city) that she'd left her ipod charger in the room, we called and left a message with housekeeping, who brought it to reception by the time we checked out.
I wrestled with four stars or five and decided to go with four. While it met my expectations (or better) for an affordable NY hotel (I used HHonors points this time), it is not the same as a great hotel that also meets my expectations (e.g., the Grand Bretagne in Athens). So, I am giving it a four star recommendation. I think it is similar to but slightly better than the Sheraton Four Points in Chelsea, for which I don't appear to have written a review. We will return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly refreshed, 20-story hotel located in the trendy Chelsea neighborhood between Sixth and Seventh Avenues provides the perfect location for travelers looking to stay in the city. Start your day early with our complimentary breakfast then head out to famous attractions like Madison Square Garden, Times Square and Central Park. Enjoy world class shopping with a visit to Macy’s or family fun at the Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex. Dine at hot spot restaurants, catch a Broadway show or browse the neighborhoods numerous art galleries. After a day of taking in the sights and sounds of New York City, relax in a comfortable Hampton bed® and watch your favorite shows on our 32 inch LCD HD TVs or stay connected with our free high-speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Manhattan Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Manhattan Chelsea Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Hampton Inn Chelsea
- New York City Hampton Inn