See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This place was nasty. The mattress and sheets are stained, dirty with hair all over the bed. There's no way they were changed. It was as if these sheets were there from 5 previous customers. Yuck!!!
To my surprise the room was pretty large, with large windows and mirrors all around. Different but they had a full size refrigerator and a portable metal heater you turn on and off.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Jessica889
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed here once in the early 2000s and it wasn't so great but I had to take a trip to NYC and needed something in the area that wasn't too expensive and decided to give this place a shot again. It has improved so much. It is much cleaner and nice and updated. It still has a historical building feel but with flat screen TV's and updated furnishings and a comfortable bed I was very happy. The staff was very accommodating and allowed me to check out late for a small fee. For rooms around $100 in an area where the price is $500 I say it's definitely a great choice.

Room Tip: Aim for a suite, it's even better. Took my leftovers and stuck them in the fridge.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank chris p
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Yes it is older and interesting. Some rooms need help. Ask for the good room and you should be fine. I've stayed twice and got a decent renovated room with an updated clean bathroom. Colors are wild but... whatever. People running it were nice.

Room Tip: corner rooms are better.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Kim c
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Look, I was stuck in NYC overnight. I had heard about this place and realized it is in an "interesting" neighborhood but would try it anyway. Never saw a roach, never saw a bed bug. Never bitten by anything. No mice. No Nothing. Maybe it was a different room. When I first found this place online I decided to ask the staff. They told me there were problems with one or two rooms but those were fixed. The sheets were clean, the rooms were about as good as could be for what the place is. They were even painting the front entrance. Look at some of the reviews. YEARS ago. Would I stay there again? Yep. Pretty quiet, a room is a room! I slept fine.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank aquality4u3
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The Dead Boys used to live upstairs. John Spacely of "Story of a Junkie" lived here.
Its a hell hole. It used to be a cool hell hole. Now its just a hell hole.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo