“Super busy ”
Review of Jack's Wife Freda

Jack's Wife Freda
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack's Wife Freda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 14,913 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Went here for some breakfast/brunch and it was super busy that we had to wait 50 minutes for a seat. Very lively in here and crazy loud atmosphere. Really friendly service and had the eggs benedict - it was good, but honestly not the best that I’ve had. Not that I didn’t like it here, but for me, just slightly overhyped.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We had an incredibly interesting breakfast. Get there before 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning to get a seat without waiting. Very cramped seating -- better fro couples than a group. Great service. Good coffee. The duck prosciutto was delicious on my breakfast sandwich. My beloved got the shaksuka. We got a postcard with hearts on it with the receipt! Very touching!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

There was a line, but it was worth it. The poached eggs with halloumi were the best I’ve had in New York

Reviewed March 27, 2018

This is a cozy spot. We got there a bit late to where breakfast sounded good. It looks good. I had the Salmon Blanca over sautéed kale. It was done in a light sesame soy marinade. Very tasty. The kale was really good and I’m not a huge kale fan. The others had the chicken and steak sandwich. They were flavorful. Came with fries or salad. My son really liked the fresh cantaloupe juice. The waiter was very nice and did a great job. Very clean.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

fun and friendly environment, service was really quick. I had the veggie curry which was delicious and my boyfriend had the matzah ball soup with the biggest matzah ball I’ve ever seen!! Kind of a random mix of food but it was delicious. Very ‘hipster’ kinda place.