“Friendly service with excellent food”
Review of Saigon Shack

Saigon Shack
Ranked #426 of 14,311 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here after visiting the area on a walking tour. A very friendly welcome and great service. The beef pho was excellent. Best sweet potato fries we've had. The choice of bahn mi was very good with a welcoming vegetarian option. Beautiful flavours and worth the stop.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I was meeting up with an old friend going back over 25 years, one I hadn't seen in nearly a decade and well, catching up was the priority and unfortunately the food, specifically the two bánh mì sandwiches we had shared didn't leave any memorable impression. The options sounded fabulous, roast duck and fried cat fish, but as my old friend opined, "had better!" Since I was born in Vietnam and have traveled a lot, and thus have eaten plenty of bánh mì, I am in agreement.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My niece and I each had a classic banh mi with Vietnamese ham, their house bacon and pate. Wow, it was really good. I wish there's one in midtown as I will be queuing for my banh mi!

1  Thank Camila120428
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This place is awsome! Not too popular (yet) si thst's good.
Good service, nice place.
Best ramen in town! Really!
Not the traditional you may know but definitely the best I've tried.
Not too many options but that's ok.
I had the one with lemongrass chicken. Amazing!! It comes with extra sprouts, lime, jalapeño and basil so you add then to your taste.
Hoisin sause in the table, a must.
Highly recomended!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

It's a busy spot, but we only waited 15 minutes. They had a high chair ready for our baby and immediately had water for us. We both ordered a pho and it came impressively quick! Not only quick, but delicious. A must do for pho lovers! Our baby loved the noodles