4 people are viewing this hotel
US$479
Free cancellation until 21-10-09
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$479
Free cancellation until 21-10-08
Agoda.com
US$422
Hotels.comUS$479
PricelineUS$479
FindHotelUS$479
2,175 results
All reviews great location new york east village boutique feel whole foods boutique hotel rooms are small hotel bar front desk staff around the corner mini bar nyu nyc subway block sink closet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location close to shops, subway and Union Sq.

Empyreal Suite was amazing. With separate dining table, lounge, 2 person shower, wc and bedroom. Sleek modern design, usual Hyatt Comfort. Excellent views, was happy to be able to see the Empire State Building.

Service from staff was impeccable.

I would choose this hotel again without hesitation. 5 star experience.

Date of stay: June 2014
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Hello there,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. I am glad you loved our Empyreal Suite. It's one of our bigger suites with lots of room and of course the amenities and features that come with it. It's my personal favorite as well.

I will only hope that you will be joining us again in the near future. With all our wishes, please enjoy the beautiful summer and see you very soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stay for 5 nights, it;s a new Hyatt in the nice and most strategic neighborhood in NYC, you are near of everything by walk or by subway (at one block). The hotel is in a nice buildinq and with a modern decoration that looks very good, I stay in a king room that was small but very comfortable, excellent bed and pillows and nice shower. The bar that's located at the corner of 13th st and 4th av and has also an independent street entrance is very trendy and a good place to take a drink before you go out to dinner, don't hesitate to take breakfast at the restaurant, excellent coffee and a good service in a very nice decor. I would give 5 stars to this review but because of an important error of them with my reservation that was partially solved I take off one, in spite of that I will return here.

Room tip: higher rooms
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Adrian K,

Thank you for this kind review. It is our pleasure to have hosted you and I'm very please do know that your stay was more than satisfactory despite your reservation error. And I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconsistency.

You have described our hotel and in fact beautifully drawn up a virtual map of the hotel and "to dos" for our future guests. And I would like to thank you for that.

Please do connect with me the next time you are in town so we can take care of you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was highly disappointed with my experience here.

1. The rooms are very small for what you pay ($500 a night) - the closet is a small piece of furniture, and the shower is literally on top of the bed. I'd say 150 square feet at most, including bathroom space.

2. They charge you an offensive amount for just about everything. Water, that's $8 extra. Coffee, oh that's $12 (really?). You want to bring some beverages back to the lobby, sorry, that's not permitted under hotel rules (i was actually told this).

3. They don't really have a concierge or other value-added services that I am aware of.

I think you can stay in much better value around Union Square, or higher end hotels on Central Park, than stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank mjeleven11
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear mjeleven11,

I am very sad to see that you didn't have a satisfactory stay with us. I wanted to apologize for all inconvenience you endured during your stay.

I would like to clarify that there is no restriction in bringing in coffee from outside through or into the lobby as our front desk staff always recommend the many coffee shops around the neighborhood such as Think Coffee, Starbucks, Pie Face etc. I am not sure who that individual could be but we'll investigate this further and inform them of our policy.

Please contact me directly should you reconsider us again and I'll be more than happy to arrange a better accommodation as we have several room categories that might suit your needs.

Thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have traveled extensively all over the world and will tell you our experience at your hotel for my Daughter's wedding was one of the best if not THE best I ever had. The staff was incredibly nice to all of our wedding guests (they all commented on how polite and friendly the staff was) and very helpful to assist in any way. The front desk staff was excellent. EVERY member of the Bellman's staff was superb! We had tons of luggage going in and out...taxi needs, car needs, limos and shuttles picking us up and they managed it all with a smile. And we couldn't have had a successful event without the help of the Marketing/Event Coordinating staff..

The rooms were very nice and the maid service was great. The restaurant and bar...including staff...was very good as well.

When I need to stay in Manhattan....I'll be staying at the Hyatt Union Square.

My congratulations to you on a splendid operation.

Room tip: The rooms with a terrace provide a nice opportunity to have coffee outside or a glass of wine in the evening.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mark S,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us and of course it was pleasure hosting your entire wedding party.

It gives me much pleasure that our staff are recognized and valued for their service as they are a team that are passionate and continuously showcase the exemplary service that every one of our guest expect to experience from a Hyatt.

Thank you again for staying with us and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I travel to NYC for business fairly frequently and try to stay at the Hyatt Union Square whenever I'm in town. The rooms are a great size for New York and the quietest that I've stayed in. There is a ton to do nearby and the location is pretty central to get to other spots as well.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank wabatl

Dear Art B,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We really appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt Union Square. You are right about our location, it is hard to beat this as we have nearly everything walking distance or a few minutes cab ride. I'm very glad you had a wonderful stay yet again.

We do hope to you see you very soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.