“Stunning”
Review of Atera

Atera
Reserve with OpenTable
Atera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 14,912 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is an amazing experience and worth the expense. The moment we were met at the door (which is a bit tricky to find) we were given an amazing night. The kitchen is right there in front of you and you get to see the staff at work. The food was amazing and the wines were perfect. I was surprised at the lack of stuffiness ( there was none) as I was a bit wary of New York Fine Dining but the staff were super cool.. One of them was even an Aussie chef :) . Couldn't fault the whole evening and the music just added to the night.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

I came here with my husband for our anniversary and it was incredible! I would definitely come back. I have a severe seafood allergy which they catered for perfectly. My husband and I had slightly varied meals to everyone else to cater for me which was great as originally it seemed a lot of the meals contained seafood so catering for me wouldn't have been so simple. The staff were able to anticipate your needs. The food was creative and delicious. The staff were great at explaining what was being served. The whole experience was incredible and I couldn't recommend this place enough! This place has been one of my all time favourite restaurant experiences.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

Enjoy an intimate dinner where guests feel they are in the kitchen. The wine flight was good too, but since my wife doesn’t drink alcohol the “temperance” flight was a special treat. We wanted to take pictures of each course, but tended to forget because they were so attractive that we were impatient to “dig in”. Difficult to find, but well worth the effort,

Reviewed November 16, 2017

I really loved the ambiance and service at Atera. That really lived up to expectation. The chefs and staff were all super friendly and unafraid to joke around with us.

Unfortunately, the food just didn't live up to its reputation. The food just wasn't at the caliber that you'd expect at a 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Quite far from it, in fact, with some dishes. I'd recommend spending your money elsewhere. Plenty of other much more amazing dining experiences in NYC.

In addition to the tasting menu, we went with the wine pairing. The wine pours were super generous, and my friend and I were definitely suuuper tipsy by the time we left (nearly 4 hours later).

Here was our menu:
1) Lime snow and juniper
2) Watermelon radish, finger lime, salmon on a seaweed tart
3) Kushi oyster with pickled radish and dashi
4) Applewood bacon puff with green apple jelly
5) Caviar with pear cream and pistachio ice cream - Unexpected combination of ingredients, but quite delicious. And I don't even like caviar
6) Scottish langoustine with granny Smith apple rolls and shaved foie gras, with walnut sauce. Disappointing. The langoustine was very well prepared, but the shaved foie added very little to the dish.
7) Halibut with cauliflower puree and Irish mist flowers and white soy, ginger, and miso sauce. A very solid dish
8) Farm egg yolk with squid and shrimp consumé
9) Whole wheat rye sourdough bread with housemate butter (chives and broccolini, cheese cream)
10) Pretzel roll with cheese stuffing
11) Celery root (roasted for 3 hours) with Parmesan cream and lavender and rosemary. This was the chef's most favorite dish. I thought it was just so-so
12) Guinea hen with haricot beans and potato sauce
13) Bison tenderloin with oxtail sauce and pickled onion and zucchini
14) Skyr yogurt with pumpkin skin, raisin, and crisp with mandarin sauce
15) Banana roasted for 3 hours, served with bourbon and ice cream
16) Petit fours

1  Thank nycbos8
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

To write about our experiance in Atera is like trying to describe the colors of autumn leaves to a blind person. Were do you begin. I choose Atera for my husbands' 50th birthday.
The amazing service started with the email corespondances with Mathew that took care of our reservation and special requests. From the moment we got to Atera we felt welcomed and were catered to like royalty. We have never experianced such service before.
The food by Ronny Emborg was a celebration of taste and colores. Some of the dishes broght tears of excitement to my eys. After two and a half hours, it was time to leave. We recived our personal menues with a dedication as a souvenir. It was the best restaurant experiance ever.