“Best lamb rogan josh I've had!”
Review of Spice Symphony

Spice Symphony
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Symphony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 15,766 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 31st and 32nd st
Transit: 6 train to 33rd street and Park ave, R,Q,N,B,D,F,M trains to 34th street and Broadway.
Description: Modern Indian Cooking with a twist and Chinese with an Indian Accent”. We use only fresh local produce of high quality to ensure a healthy living. We use age old Indian spices that has sought to have medical advantages that is put together in concert by different chefs’ each with different skills / talents resulting in different flavors and colors of food from all regions in India. We bring to you coastal curries from Goa, Konkan, Karwar, Allepy, Madurai, Kolkata to name a few.Our food is fresh from the kitchen and we are a symbol of warmth and welcome. We are home, family and friends.
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

Friday night in Manhattan and fancied a curry. Looked at trip advisor and chose Spice Symphony. The lamb rogan josh was superb and my friends chose chicken tikka masala - that old UK favourite which was also excellent and contained no coconut which we expect in the UK but can completely mask the taste of the other spices. Found a great neighbourhood bar round the corner playing live music to finish the evening off. Would definitely go back to Spice Symphony on my next visit to NYC.

1  Thank Paul H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)

Reviewed November 22, 2016 via mobile

Amazing food & fantastic service, the staff were very efficient and friendly, would recommend to anyone looking for a good curry in NY.

Reviewed November 21, 2016

Visited here at the weekend based on the Tripadvisor reviews. We booked a table for four and when we arrived the restaurant was really busy with people waiting - we also had to wait about 10 mins for our table. The restaurant is very small but you don't feel cramped when you get to your table.
Service was friendly and the waitress explained that we could ask for something off the menu if we particularly wanted it. She also made some recommendations for the starters - they all sounded really good so she helped us to choose a few plates to share. They all tasted as good as they sounded - particularly the chicken wings!
One of our party ordered off menu and they were happy to accommodate that. The rest of us chose some different dishes to that we would normally have. We also ordered some rice, naan and poppadoms.
The mains came out in a good time after the starters and all of them were delicious. We all agreed that they were some of the nicest curries we had ever had - ranging from mild to spicy - all with good levels of spice as hoped and very tasty. The accompanying naans were delicious - would go back just for those!
There was a nice selection of beers and I had a really nice white wine - all very reasonably priced for NYC.
We all agree this is one of the best indian meals we've had - couldn't fault it at all. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 20, 2016

I recently was traveling on business in NYC and was staying at a hotel near this restaurant. I opted to try it because of the strong Tripadvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. I opted to make a reservation (Wednesday night) and I'm glad I did. The place is small and the pack people in as best they can, but it's busy. There are about six stools at a bar and the rest are cozy tables. The staff was very friendly and quick to seat me at one of the bar stools. I've had Indian food all over the country and this was one of my favorites. I opted for a chicken vindaloo ($17) - extra hot. The waiter cautioned me on the heat, but I still went for it. It was hot, but full of flavor and worth it. The rice had a very subtle jasmine flavor (could have been stronger) and the garlic naan was perfectly toasted. Overall a great experience and well worth a visit or takeout if you live near the area.

Reviewed November 20, 2016

We went pre-theater. Seated promptly (had reservation.) I had the tequila and mango cocktail which was really good and different. The spinach with tamarind sauce appetizer was excellent. Lightly fried tempura style. Both our entrees were good and our water glasses kept full. Plus dessert all for about $50pp.
Small simply decorated place. Not very noisy. Nice, friendly service and attentive to our need to get to our show. Would definitely go back.