“Authentic Italian Food ”

San Marino Ristorante
Ranked #1,688 of 14,913 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hudson Square
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I encountered this restaurant with my family and it turned out to be one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever visited! They serve authentic Italian cuisine. I ordered the Ravioli Della Nonna, it was amazing and cooked perfectly. In addition to delicious food , this restaurant has great service, the staff was so nice and friendly. I highly recommend - I will be definitely returning to this restaurant again in the future!

Reviewed March 29, 2018

We chose to eat here as we were staying and attending an event nearby. There were few restaurants open on the weekend on nearby blocks and the menu didn't look bad. We didn't realize that it was attached to a Four Points by Sheraton hotel, which is probably why it was open. There were two waiters, ours from Mexico (he seemed to be new at the job, though he was not young) and one a young, newly-arrived Albanian. I mention this only because they told us where they were from as we chatted with them after the meal (we were the only customers left at 7 on a Sunday). There was also something of a language issue with our waiter. For instance, he continued to call my wife and me "Gentlemen," as he did with another couple. We gently offered a correction at the end of our meal. As I've noticed an increasing number of (usually young) waiters do nowadays, he took our order right after taking that of another couple and wrote nothing down. He then returned a few minutes later with a notepad to ask us to repeat the order so he could write it down. The food was average; I had minestrone (somewhat watery) and a cavatelli with wild boar ragu, which was tasty (with a reasonable portion size). My wife had baked clams and fettuccini with shrimp. The house Montepulciano was average. My wife did get sick later in the evening and she suspected it might have been the shrimp, though I have no evidence of this. I did have a clam, so it wasn't them. So my rating says, very average.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

This place is a hidden gem!! After shopping in SOHO, I was pleasantly surprised to find this amazing Italian restaurant. The food was great. The service was great. The atmosphere is great. Good for any meal. Definitely recommend and I will be returning soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2017

Happened upon this restaurant when looking for a place to eat before a concert at City Winery. It is a small restaurant attached to a hotel. It probably offers brunch and breakfast to the residents of the hotel. We went for dinner. The service was outstanding. Everyone in the restaurant was there to watch out for you. The bartender came over to make sure she made a cocktail correctly....the person drinking said it needed to be "up" without ice. She went back to the bar and brought back two delicious cocktails made to order. We were a party of four and we shared a pasta dish which the waiter split for us. We ordered a veal dish and a chicken dish and both were excellent. My husband raved about his branzino which was served whole with head on but most of the bones were removed. Served nicely. The wine ordered was also good. I definitely will return here and suggest to friends.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

I have had pizza at this restaurant a couple of times and loved it. The pizza is light and flavorful. The cuisine is authentic Italian food, its the real deal!!!!! The food is soo delicious and so fresh that after eating a large meal you feel whole instead of that full feeling. I really like the food here the restaurant also has a nice wine selection.