“Always a winner”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Nha Trang One is family-owned and operated serving authentic, Vietnamese cuisine. Located in downtown New York City, we offer authentic and traditional dishes at affordable prices in a friendly atmosphere. Like in all traditional Vietnamese food, we use a diverse range of herbs and spices including lemongrass, mint, cilantro, Thai basil, and more.
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

Nha Trang is a place that I consistently recommend to friends and love to go to. It's also a rare value in New York and Downtown more specifically. For us go to dishes are the BBQ beef with vermicelli, crispy squid, spring rolls (with fresh lettuce, mint and cucumber for wrapping) and any of the pho. It's also a refreshing cross section of NYC - locals, tourists, people stuck in court nearby, of all races and means. Never been disappointed.

1  Thank longshot44
Andy H, Owner at Nha Trang One, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2016

I really appreciate you not only recommending us to your friends, but taking the time to leave such a stellar review about our food! Thank you so much for stopping by for beef and pho every now and then -- I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 19, 2016

We stopped for a rather late lunch after visiting the One World Observatory and shopping Chinatown. We just ordered a stir fry type dish, my wife ordered it with white rice and I ordered noodles. Both meals were nice portions and when we added some of the hot pepper sauce on the table were spiced just right. Without the sauce I would have been disappointed but as it was I was very pleased. I ordered my meal with pork and my wife selected the chicken. Nothing outstanding but the meal was rather good.
My wife is Asian so the waiter kind of made a big deal of us (it was not a busy time of the day) so we had a fun time with him which just makes eating out more fun when you get to deal with happy people. I think I would return here just to jole with the waiter and the cashier.
I do not think you will be disappointed.

1  Thank wacotom
Andy H, Owner at Nha Trang One, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

I'm so thrilled to see you had such a great time with us, especially our customer service -- we love it when out customer have such fun with us. I'm glad you were so impressed by our food, and I cannot wait to welcome you back to Nha Trang One!

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

We ate at this busy restaurant in Chinatown after strolling through Lower Manhattan and were delighted, both with the varied menu and the very reasonable prices. Having just returned from a trip to Vietnam 6 months ago, we can confirm that the flavours here are authentic.

Andy H, Owner at Nha Trang One, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

It's always nice when our authenticity lives up to tastes like yours! Thanks so much for trying us out, Koliev, and for being kind enough to leave such a glowing review of your experience. Stop by again anytime you're in our part of town.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2016

Vietnamese is one of my favorite ethnic foods. After reading online the high reviews for this place, we decided to check it out.
It was late afternoon, 4pm so we had immediate seating.
The menu had a great selection of items. We ordered the Vietnamese pork spring rolls, lemongrass chicken, beef with vegetables, and fried rice (with shrimp, chicken, pork, beef).
*Side note: When I ordered the lemongrass chicken, I asked the waiter if the cook could add a couple broccoli on top. Guy seemed to get mad at me for asking and responded sharply, "NO." Then he proceeded to tell me we had to order a full serving of broccoli as a side dish. Not being in the mood to argue with the guy, I said 'fine.'
All of the items came to the table at the same time.
The spring rolls were very good.
The lemongrass chicken was supposed to be hot & spicy, it was not. In fact it was the mildest lemongrass chicken I have ever eaten.
My co-captain had the beef entrée. I did not sample it but asked him how it tasted. His response, "It's OK, nothing special."
Although we ordered the garlic broccoli, it too was weak on flavor and was a bit chewy. I had to mix it in sparingly with the lemongrass chicken.
The fried rice was very good though.
Overall, this place serves good food and the prices are reasonable. I just wonder how it receives such high reviews online.

2  Thank Mark A
Andy H, Owner at Nha Trang One, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Thank you for coming by and having a late afternoon meal, Mark! I'm thrilled you enjoyed everything for the most part, and appreciate you sharing your experience here on Yelp! I apologize if you felt in any way disrespected when we were unable to accommodate your request, but I appreciate your patience and hope you'll join us again sometime. We want your next meal with us to be even more delicious and filled with flavor!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2016

We have been here at least 50 times, I always forget to write a review. Best Vietnamese in Chinatown, no reason to try another place. We have never had a bad meal or experience here. Atmosphere is nothing to speak of - typical Chinatown. Very clean. Service is attentive, they want you in and out quickly to turn the tables - but they don't rush you and are never rude. Love this place and will continue to return.

1  Thank manhattanfoodie10019
Andy H, Owner at Nha Trang One, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

Psyched to have you as a regular here! It's awesome to hear that you've consistently had a positive experience with both our service and food. I hope you'll continue to come see us -- we'd love to hear which dishes are your favorite sometime.

All the best,